main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive The *Official* Art Challenge . . Has Been Reborn!

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by TheBalinakaBaroness, May 31, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBalinakaBaroness

TheBalinakaBaroness Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 14, 2002
    R23-B2 - Thanks for posting! Nice image, the creepy whispy green smoke is really cool.

~Bar

2. obihahn

obihahn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 10, 2002
    hey guys and gals, although mesa barry barry sad that there've been only few contributions in the past days/weeks, I didn't manage to come up with any too, cuz university has begun again, and lazy days are over (one tear...)

but one of the four thingies (probably the HALLOWEEN one) shouldn't be too stressy, so I'm gonna start working on that.

3. TheBalinakaBaroness

Feb 14, 2002
    Alrighty folks, time for the LAST ART CHALLENGE before going on HIATUS!

HALLOWEEN
    due Oct 31

Such fun! Knock yourselves out.

And to start getting y'all in the mood, here's a really silly thing. I'll refrain from the long-winded babbling tale of how this came to be.
    Chewie's least favorite Halloween Costume

hee hee hee....
    OK everyone, make me proud.
    ~Baroness

4. Leela

Leela Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2001
    Well, I have *something* for the Switcheroo. It's not new, but it's the closest thing I had laying around. I've been a little consumed with another project this week - for halloween! hooray! Actually, these characters were drawn for halloween a couple years ago - it's the New Hope characters dressed up as other star wars characters. So, not a true Switcheroo, but kinda close.... at least it's better than that droid thing I posted above!

Switcheroo - kindof
    From left to right: C-3P0, Luke, Leia, Han, Chewie, R2-D2.
    -Baroness

Baroness! You drew those?! I love those pics! I saw them when they were up on TOS a couple of yrs ago. My kids and I spent hours one Friday night going through all the various/possible permutations and combinations. :D

My fave was probably Han in the Indy outfit. :p But I really loved them in the classic Halloween outfits. I really liked all the different backgrounds they had too.

I've checked out TOS every Halloween since then in the vain hope that they would do something like that again...

5. TheBalinakaBaroness

Feb 14, 2002
    Wow Leela, you mean someone actually saw this, without me sending them the link first?! Cool!

<<My fave was probably Han in the Indy outfit.>> :D How could I resist?? I think my fave is Chewie in a pink bunny/elvis combo. But I also like the ideas involved with the Luke ones - him inside a Wampa suit was always really funny to me, or as frankenstein his right hand was stitched back on. ;)

I always wanted to do another one, either add more costumes, or do another version with Episode 1 characters. Never happened. (Politics politics!)

It's still out there, if people want to see it:
    halloween ecard

We did make another flipbook though, with a tiny bit o' star wars in it - this one was a little more "educational":
    make a hero
    Be sure to make Queen Amidala green. ;)

Thanks Leela!
    ~Baroness

6. obihahn

Jul 10, 2002
    Hey, BAR, I saw them too, a friend of mine sent me the Halloween E-card. And guess which costume variant he chose for Chewie: right, the Elvis suit plus pink bunny headgear! My definite
    favourite, of course!
    I should have realized the style similarities between the E-card and your artworks here in the first place...well, I'm a slow learner... :)

7. TheBalinakaBaroness

Feb 14, 2002
    a friend of mine sent me the Halloween E-card. And guess which costume variant he chose for Chewie: right, the Elvis suit plus pink bunny headgear!

obihahn - your friend obviously has fantastic taste!

just kiddin'. funny.

So, anyone working on a Halloween pic for the Challenge? Nearly TWO whole weeks left to whip something up. 13 days - get a move on!

Now, I know, enquiring minds want to know, what, pray tell, does the mighty Baroness have in mind for her Halloween Spectular? Well, honestly, I've naught in my mind thus far. But I'm sure i'll think of something.... hopefully something creepy crawly cooky and spooky, maybe even a little ooky. (ain't the Addam's family the best?!)

Need more inspiration? Worn out your copy of Nightmare Before Christmas? Check out the bizarre and demented work of Edmund Gorey. Wonderfully macabre. Fantastic stuff.

Okey-doke. Toodles chums.
    ~Bar

8. obihahn

Jul 10, 2002
    Yesssssssssssssssss! I wanna be totally creeped out by the almighty Bar's horrifiying talents (sounds like something bad...duh!), and thus be inspired to work on a spooky, gory and goosebumpy (is there such a word in the English language?) contribution myself.

Or to put it another way: I need my behind kicked, because of THE SLACK!

9. TheBalinakaBaroness

Feb 14, 2002
    Uh oh. Guess the pressure's on now!

10. TheBalinakaBaroness

Feb 14, 2002
    OK Folks. Time for the shameless Art Challenge PLUG! Less than a week left to finish your Halloween Masterpiece!

Since I don't have mine done yet (but at least have the idea!), here's a little something to help you get in the proper Halloween Spirit. Sorry, it's not Star Wars-related - hope i don't get in trouble for posting it! ;) Wait - they're all on Naboo, yeah that's it!

Anyway, here's the Halloween Card I made for this year:
    Happy Halloween!

~Baroness

11. odj_310388

odj_310388 Jedi Knight star 5

May 30, 2002
    WoW TheBalinakaBaroness your skills are amazing! I wish I could draw like that!

12. padawangrasshopper

padawangrasshopper Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 14, 2002
    Baroness-Okay, now you're reeeeally scaring me! That piece is crazyily cool and disgustingly fabulous! Did you do that all in your ghoulish photoshop lab? I'm gonna go throw up now! :D

Pad G

13. TheBalinakaBaroness

Feb 14, 2002
    Thanks guys!

Yep, all done in my crazy evil scientist version of Photoshop 7.0 - lots of fun!

Halloween is just around the corner! Oh boy! (Love the current Sith look of the boards!)
    -Baroness

14. Otis_Frampton

Otis_Frampton LFL Artist, Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 7, 2001
    Yep, that really is an amazing piece, mighty Baroness. Of course, I got an early preview of it, but I never tire of seeing it. :)

-Otis

15. Cheveyo

Cheveyo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2001
    That's a riot, Baroness! I like the monster in the Raggedy Anne "costume"... he's my fave! :D

16. obihahn

Jul 10, 2002
    Bar: now that's the kind of sugar papa likes!
    I feel inspired/buttkicked enough to make a similarly spooky contribution now.

but it's definitely not gonna be as cool as that piece of yours...I'm greatly impressed!

btw..."SITH COUNCIL"...scary stuff!

17. Cheveyo

Cheveyo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2001
    Hey everyone, here's my Halloween entry! What could by more freaky than the eyes of a Chiss? ;)

Happy Halloween

18. TheBalinakaBaroness

Feb 14, 2002
    Oh WOW Cheveyo!

Very cool - very creepy. I love the lighting, and your beautiful shading looks so great on the black.

thanks for posting!
    ~Bar

19. TheBalinakaBaroness

Feb 14, 2002
    Well sorry folks. I am the biggest Halloween Loser ever. Didn't get my Art Challenge done. You'll just have to imagine it!

I was going to draw the Fett's Trick-or-Treating, the catch - Post Battle of Geonosis. A pumpkin replaces Jango's Head as he accompanies his Boba trick or treating. :) I hadn't quite decided what level of "rotten" Jango had reached. Ewwww.

But here, it's not Star Wars, but in the Halloween theme:
    Devil
    I think, if you sort of squint, and stand upside down while looking at it, it kinda, sorta looks a little teeny tiny bit like Tarkin! :D

Happy Halloween Everyone!
    ~Baroness

20. KongZilla

KongZilla Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2001
    OMG! That E-Card is great BB! ROFLMAO! The Grim Reaper as Bo Peep just kills me!

Well, I think everyone but Cheveyo wins a boo prize this year. You the man Cheveyo!

Hope everyone keeps showing up here at least just to browse and gab a little.

Later.

21. odj_310388

odj_310388 Jedi Knight star 5

May 30, 2002
    I want to ask you a question TheBalinakaBaroness, are you going to keep the thread open. I think it would be a good idea for people to come in, pic a topic that has been done before and post it here, so that you can do the one you enjoy most. What do you think?

- odj_310388

22. TheBalinakaBaroness

Feb 14, 2002
    Hee hee - thanks Kongzilla! I had a lot of fun drawing that thing. I had lists of tons more monster/costume combos, but couldn't fit them all in! Plus, after I painted the witch, it dawned on me, she should have been dressed up as Dorothy. Oh well. Live and Learn. ;)

And yes - Cheveyo WINS! If there was a prize, Cheveyo would get it. That was a great illo.

odj_310388 - Yes - I'm definitely keeping the thread open. People can come post whenever they want, pick old topics, and post - do whatever. Here's how I updated the first post to the thread:

Welcome to the Fan Art Challenge!

Now officially on HIATUS until further notice.

No. The Art Challenge is not dead. It is just sort of "going away" for a little while. I'll bring it back when it seems there's a little more interest, and people have time to play.

In the meantime - feel free to browse. There's a lot a great art that has been produced and posted in here. Feel free to keep the thread alive - chat, post, pick old topics and post new art.

I'll still be around keeping an eye out. And I'll be updating the archive, but probably in a few weeks. Busy girl these days.

Thanks everyone who's participated. It's been a lot of fun!

~Baroness

23. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Oh no! As soon as I get my free time back, the thread goes away for awhile! :(

Oh well...maybe I'll go back and do some that I missed until the thread starts up again! :)

24. JediGaladriel

JediGaladriel Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 3, 1999
    Yeah, me too. Sorry I've been away awhile. No real excuse. ;)

25. obihahn

Jul 10, 2002
    *weeps and sobs*

On Hiatus...

But hey, I still come here every week. Oh, although it's way too late, I want to share some kind of a SW HALLOWEEN image I just drew: New costume for the trooper...

Ha Ha !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.