main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The *Official* Cad Bane in TCW Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Garth Maul, Mar 20, 2009.

1. Koonster

Koonster Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 5, 2009
    Problem is.. it keeps on changing [face_plain]

2. FistoFan93

FistoFan93 Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 27, 2009
    It's just a bit of fine-tuning, that's all.

3. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    That would be nice. I was hoping he'd make a quick appearance in the Fett trilogy. Oh well.

4. CadB

CadB Jedi Youngling

Sep 30, 2010
    I bet there an episode bane kidnapping 3po , and another episode which bane will fight obi wan ..

5. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    i really don't think Cad Bane and Aurra Sing should work together. They both seem like solo hunters, and they've been doing pretty well apart so far.

On another topic, how far into the season does everyone think Bane will appear? If the Mandalore story is just one episode, bane's arc could be between that and Assassin.

6. Corpseslayer

Corpseslayer Jedi Master star 1

Nov 6, 2009
    Ya, that's gonna happen!!!

7. Koonster

Nov 5, 2009
    I really hope that that's not true. Season 1 had a single Bane episode, season 2 had 3, and I'm only hoping that this one has 5 (that is, if two parts of a patern mean anything...). But if this season has only two, between Mandalore and Auura, that'l be majorly dissapointing

8. CadB

CadB Jedi Youngling

Sep 30, 2010
    Maybe in the finale of the season ?

9. Koonster

Nov 5, 2009
    Bane in the season finale? where have I heard that one before... I wouldn't count on it though. So far every episode that's appeared has been part of the Comic Con and Mega Trailer, most even in the original trailer. This is the same case as last season, as the big trailer teased up to the twelfth episode, but no further. The finale wasn't teased until before Zillo Beast Strikes back so... I'd imagine Bane being one or two arcs after Assassin

10. MistrX

Jun 20, 2006
    I think it'd actually be fun to see them working against each other.

11. Ludo_Kressh

Ludo_Kressh Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2005
    Aurra and Bane together again? Total win IMO, although I don't see that happening. And I think the scenes in the trailers I've watched hinted at a pre-Hostage Crisis episode(the ones where he kidnaps C-3PO and R2 and they have TODO 360 in them.)

And for me, I'd rather wait to see him appear either mid-season or beyond, just to ratchet up the anticipation of seeing him this season(I was somewhat dissappointed that he appeared in the first three episodes of season 2 and then you didn't see him again.)

12. CadB

CadB Jedi Youngling

Sep 30, 2010
    I strongly agree , I hope they will not do the same mistake ..

13. Darth_Calgmoth

Darth_Calgmoth Jedi Master star 2

Jul 7, 2006
    Bane is just a bounty hunter. He is not evil, nor is he necessarily on the 'evil' side in the Clone Wars. I really think they should not use him too much. They need to give the people hiring him a good reason to do so. The whole holocron thing was somewhat believable, especially if Darth Sidious intended to pull this whole force-sensitive spy thing behind Tyranus' back, which I believe (else it would have made much more sense if Sidious had ordered Tyranus to hire Bane).

And Ziro certainly also has the means and the motivation to pay someone to get him out of jail.

But as Bane works for the highest bidder, the Jedi or the Republic could also hire him. That's why he doesn't work as a real villain. There is not reason at all for him staying in the Separatist camp, nor does care about the war and its winning side at all.

I can imagine him being in charge of a prison break-out of Tambor, Poggle and the other Separatist leaders in jail. Not as repetition of 'Hostage Crisis', but with Bane and elite commandos really shooting their way into the prison.

14. fistofan1

Dec 8, 2009
    Oooh, Bane working for the Republic could make for a great storyline.

15. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I can't wait to see more of him. He is a bad arse bounty hunter that has done more damage than any of the others. Not even Boba Fett is that good.

16. CadB

CadB Jedi Youngling

Sep 30, 2010
  17. Jedi_Kenobi32

Jedi_Kenobi32 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    Wow CadB, those episode gifs are awesome. I especially like the "blindshot" one, simply because that is my favorite single Cad Bane moment in the series so far. And I like the "deadeye" one too. Mainly because I always liked the way Bane said, "Skywalker?! After him!" [face_peace]

18. Koonster

Nov 5, 2009
    I don't think I'd last through that. Cad Bane's semi alliance in Breakout squad made me want to puke

19. MistrX

Jun 20, 2006
    I don't know. I'm usually reluctant to label anyone (other than Sith Lords) as evil or not, but Bane is a pretty cold character. Murdering without a thought, snatching kids, and he didn't have to blow up the hostages after he'd gotten away, but he tried anyway. It's hard to give him many redeeming qualities beyond "being a badass".

20. Ludo_Kressh

Ludo_Kressh Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2005
    Mine too, total badass moment! Still gives me chills.

And for Bane working for the Republic...well, bit of a stretch considering they offered a huge bounty on his head and he had committed some pretty heinous acts against them, But, if the Republic was desperate enough...[face_thinking]

21. fistofan1

Dec 8, 2009
    I was thinking Palpatine, after seeing how effective he was, would use his power to pardon him for his crimes abd enlist him in a job for the Republic, maybe with some Jedi who are unhappy about the situation. That could lead to some interesting interactions between him and the Jedi.

After seeing how he acts while at the mercy of the Jedi (His funny "Hi" in Republic Heroes ) I think it could be fun.

22. Darth_Calgmoth

Darth_Calgmoth Jedi Master star 2

Jul 7, 2006
    The whole Senate hostage thing makes Bane working for the Republic rather unlikely, but still not impossible. He could be part of a rescue team if, say, very important people are stuck on a planet deep in Separatist controlled territory and are hold hostage by a Separatist gone rogue Sidious can no longer control (mad scientist Dr. Nuvo Vindi would be perfect for that).

But it's not that likely. But it would be also unlikely and boring if the CIS would employ a bounty hunter as regular general/leader of its armies. He is a bounty hunter. He only cares about money, not about politics.

23. Mond

Mond Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 21, 2009
    Actually, considering that Bane has been hired by Darth Sidous, he kind of has worked for the Republic.

24. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    I don't believe anyone of the seppies could rebel against Sidious or Dooku- without being killed... and Vindi is in prison or in asylum now....I would like to see him again though...

Bane could work for the Republic but it would destroy his reputation as "Bad guy" and Filoni don't want that- maybe in one single episode he could work with jedi and then betray them... i dunno- better would be if Sugi and Embo (maybe Seripas too) would work for Republic and they would face Bane's gang in epic streetfight- they could bring back Robonino and Shahan Alama too... maybe some new (human?) bounty hunter with them would be great... or Greedo[face_laugh] They should make an episode with Sugi and her gang as main characters- not always jedi or clones... or senators

Well actually everyone who works for Sidious works for upcoming Empire... not for the Republic ;)

25. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    I bet there is episode with Bane in Jabba's palace[face_laugh] - hey really -those can be seen from a trailer- it's obvious those things will happen