main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Evan, IN The OFFICIAL E'VILLE JEDI Life Day Party! Sunday 12/14!!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by TI9362, Dec 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TI9362

TI9362 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 5, 2003
    The 2008 Life Day Party will happen on Sunday 12/14 (Edited! Had the date wrong!) starting at (approximately) 6:00PM CST at my house (1022 AmberField in Henderson).

At the suggestion of Mike-El, my wife will be preparing her "famous" Cincinnati Style Chili. If you're not familiar with Cinci Chili, I'll include a paragraph at the end of this message about it. We discussed it at the last general meeting, and decided that a monetary offering might be a good idea to offset the cost, and we calculated that $5 each would be good.

You're welcome to bring drinks, side dishes and deserts, but I warn you, Cinci chili is VERY filling so please don't be upset if what you bring doesn't get eaten! :)

We'll also do the White Bantha gift exchange and view hilarious shows and movies like Robot Chicken SW 1 & 2.

About Cinci Chili: First of all, it's nothing like traditional chili. It consists of a bed of pasta (spaghetti) covered in the chili, which is like a beanless coney sauce, followed by a large portion of shredded cheddar cheese. We'll have beans and onions on the side for those who like them. I'll leave Mike to jump in now and rave about it. :)

2. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    HOORAY FOR BEANLESS :p

Sounds like some good stuff. Can't wait!

3. JediMasterJaina

JediMasterJaina Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2003
    Just a few things:

-The White Bantha limit will $10. Just so there's no questions later.
    -Since Main course is taken care of and it's BYOB, would anyone like to volunteer to bring sides and desserts? We should probably have 2-3 of each. I'll bring a dessert!

Mr. Stackpole has been collecting Xmas specials and he has 2 DVDs of specials for the viewing! (This includes, btw, The He-Man and She-Ra Xmas special, Robot Chicken, The Chipmunks, and Boondocks... oh, and Black Santa's Revenge)

Post if you're coming by Dec. 10 so Joe and Ginny can have a head count and ample time to get the stuff together for yummy yummy chili. Thanks!

4. Mike-El

Mike-El Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 16, 2006

I will be there and give 10.00 dollars so I can afterward sit on the toilet in the John Hurt way!

Did I do that right Matt? Success or fail? tell me tell me!

5. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Oh man, that is some good chile!

Sadly, Jammies will be in a wedding (not my own) in Knoxville that weekend.

MTFBWY,

Jammies

6. Ulkesh2

Ulkesh2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    DO NOT ALLOW MIKE-EL TO EAT BEANS. OUR NOSTRILS AND LUNGS MUST BE SAVED. FEEDING MIKE-EL BEANS WILL VIOLATE THE GENEVA CONVENTIONS AGAINST THE USE OF GAS.
    [face_sick]
    [face_skull]

7. Mike-El

Oct 16, 2006
    How else did you want your nose candy?

8. navarre1095

navarre1095 Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2005
    Hah! I am the god of thunder.

9. Ulkesh2

Ulkesh2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    Heh-heh-heh. Great KISS song. That should be Mike-El's theme song when he lets loose the foul stench of doom. Yeah let's present Mike-El with a link somebody. Get that God of Thunder song on here. Or better yet anytime Mike-El walks into the room after eating the chili we play it.
    [face_hypnotized]
    [face_sick]
    [face_skull]

10. TI9362

May 5, 2003
    Remember, the beans are OPTIONAL. :)

And Mike, if you polute my house I'll throw you outside where the freezing temperatures will make your sphincter seize up like an engine with no oil. [face_laugh]

11. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    Joe, that is the most beautiful description ...

12. Mike-El

Oct 16, 2006
    I just played that out in my mind... [face_worried]

Does the White Bantha have to be a SW related gift or can it be related to our collective geekdom?

Also Chuck said if he were to show up he would need directions to the House of Chili Goodness.

13. TI9362

May 5, 2003
    I would think gifts could be general geek interest. For those who need them, here are directions:

Google Map

Coming into Henderson on 41 South, turn left at 1st light (Watson)

Follow Watson all the way to 60 and turn left

Take 60 to edge of town and turn left at Wathen

Take 1st left onto Hillmont

Turn left on Oak Crest

Turn right onto Amberfield, house is on left of cul de sac, number is on curb.

14. TI9362

May 5, 2003
    (This message has been posted separately)

In the spiriting of giving, we will NOT be charging anyone anything for the chili on Sunday. It was only brought up someone who was concerned about the cost, and we appreciate it, but we can handle it.

I'm hoping for a good turnout this year, as we had a blast last year. I'm happy to have everyone at my house (and happy to have a house to have it at). Come one, come all!

15. Mike-El

Oct 16, 2006
    I want to thank Joe and Virginia for the awesome chili and for hosting the X-Mas party this year.

It was very good and thanks to Kesh for his contribution for the White Bantha (I won his).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.