main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official Force Commander Hints & Tips Thread..

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by BobaNet, Mar 22, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tellesto

Tellesto Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 1999
    Personally Epic garners more respect from me then him as an admin.
    Being an admin has got to be sad anyway, they don't post as much, and when they do they bring an air of unease around the other members.
    Epic is better as Master of the Threads.
    But anyone could be an admin if they just adopted the way of doing things.

2. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    Heh, GMJ, yes, I've been busy [or very sick in the head] while you've been away.

In anycase, I don't even hit my 1 year anniversary here until July 4th, so I'm still a young'un, really.

3. Lord Chewy

Lord Chewy Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 1999
    Hahah PB. Just keep dishing out the "No's".

4. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    Should PB remain an Admin?

5. son of rage

son of rage Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2000
    NO
    Joken
    But epic should be.

6. Jedi Greg Maddux

Jedi Greg Maddux Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 3, 1999
    I personally think that campaigning for administratorship should be totally illegal here - nobody can nominate anybody (especially themselves). If they want to make a suggestion, do it via e-mail. This isn't the place to boost one's ego. We have no need for that here.

7. oxygen

oxygen Jedi Youngling

Mar 3, 2000
    I didn't realise there was a rule against nominating people. This isn't to boost anyones ego or anything.

8. PreacherBoy

PreacherBoy Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 3, 1998
    It is though... someone sure got cocky the second this thread was posted.

9. I Will Make It Legal

I Will Make It Legal Jedi Youngling star 4

May 16, 2000
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jedi Greg Maddux:
    I personally think that campaigning for administratorship should be totally illegal here - nobody can nominate anybody (especially themselves). If they want to make a suggestion, do it via e-mail. This isn't the place to boost one's ego. We have no need for that here.

Uh, there's no real need for a rule like that, considering that nominations by regular members have absolutely no bearing on who is chosen anyways.

You guys have all got to realize that the admins have their own list of people they'll consider if they decide to add more admins. A thread like this is totally pointless.

10. PreacherBoy

PreacherBoy Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 3, 1998
    The one who will never be on the list is right!

11. I Will Make It Legal

I Will Make It Legal Jedi Youngling star 4

May 16, 2000
  12. Jedi Greg Maddux

Jedi Greg Maddux Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 3, 1999
    Yes, this place isn't a democracy. Only the "leaders" get to elect new "leaders". The people don't have much say here... but this is for another thread.

13. Insane Anakin

Insane Anakin Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 1999
  14. ATATzsinj

ATATzsinj Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2000
    Is anyone interested in FoCom anymore??

15. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    Aye, what Legal said.

Requesting this thread be closed...

16. Roy_Starkiller

Roy_Starkiller Jedi Youngling

Jan 9, 2000
    I was beginning to wonder myself...but I have an announcement.

After two months of watching you guys complain about or compliment Force Commander, I am finally going to have a computer in my house, that gan handle the game. My parents are getting a AMD Athalon 700 to replace their old 486SX-25 (with overdriver to make it a Pentium 150) with the most stable Windows OS created, Windows 3.1. Is that a big jump or what?
    Should be getting it in about a month. Then I'll have to pray that they let me install it on their computer.

17. Hathor

Hathor Moderator Emeritus star 3 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 28, 1998
    sure epic

18. ATATzsinj

Mar 11, 2000
    Hehe! I finally completed Return to Ruul 1. Within an hour I completed RR2. Despite many people having massive trouble with RR2, I found it to be one of the easiest missions in the game.

Just slaughter the attacking Imperials with Heavy Troopers, then proceed to the Secondary Imp base. Keep the TRMB back and send the Heavies in to neutralize the turrets. Then send 6 heavies in to capture the Secondary Base.

Move the TRMB behind the base to protect it, then keep sending in parties of Heavy Troopers to the Main Imp Base. Capture as many turrets as possible, and capture the base as well with normal Troopers.

Then keep 1 hover transport and 6 heavies back to defend the base (unless you blasted the turrets around it, in which case you'll need more) while you block the narrow entrance behind the Complex with several loads of Heavy Troopers and 1-2 hovertanks. Then send Beri in to crack the codes.

19. Roy_Starkiller

Roy_Starkiller Jedi Youngling

Jan 9, 2000
    Boy, did I ever find something interesting...
    I almost thought I could cheat the program, and get Force Commander to work on my computer. In the process I found something cool.

If you go to the Force Commander directory on your HD, and look in the resources folder, there are 2 .ini files. One is focom.ini, the other is appname.ini
    If you open up the appname.ini file, it should read like this...

Star Wars: Force Commander
    Loading '%s'. Please wait...
    Please, insert the Force Commander CD to proceed

You can customize those lines with whatever you want it to read while its loading the game.

20. ATATzsinj

Mar 11, 2000
    I suppose everyone's FoCom disk is on the wall gathering dust now, buried under the long-lost relics of Jedi Knight and SOTE (tear drops from one eye).

21. stormtripper2000

stormtripper2000 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 31, 1999
    Don't worry, once the weather turns lousy again I'll be back at it.

22. Darth Saber

Darth Saber Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 29, 1999
    Yeah, and I still can't beat Seige of Coruscant, Part 3...

Darth Saber

23. ATATzsinj

Mar 11, 2000
    When Gungans in trouble, weesa go to sacr'd place...

When I'm in trouble, I capture something, and do something else leaving the game running. After a couple of hours it will have built up a few thousand command points.

Although I suppose you can only do that if the enemies don't keep on attacking without provocation. They didn't on Walker Gambit and the strategy worked on that one.

24. Darth Saber

Darth Saber Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 29, 1999
    Have you played Seige 3? You can't even leave to take a leak or you'll come back and your base is decimated, or under seige. The imperials attack with everything they have. It's their Capital! I would too! And I'm out of CP, and I can only order 4 Y-Wing's...

Darth Saber

25. ATATzsinj

Mar 11, 2000
    No I haven't played Siege 3. I'm still on Walker Gambit II.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.