main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official Jedi StarfighterThread

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Lord Mauly Mall, Oct 14, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DoubleSith

DoubleSith Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 5, 2002
    Yeah, I just read about it in the PSA thread. BTW, for those of you who need help, input "QUENTIN" in the code screen for invincibility (as if the game wasn't easy enough).

2. DoubleSith

Feb 5, 2002
    Never mind!

3. DoubleSith

Feb 5, 2002
    Nothing to see here...

[Obi-Wan]You did not see a quadruple post[/Obi-Wan]

4. DoubleSith

Feb 5, 2002
    You can go about your business...move along.

5. Lord Mauly Mall

Lord Mauly Mall TFN/JC Banner Artist Team star 7 VIP

Oct 21, 1999
    Yeah NightOwl confirmed with a quote from one of the makers of the game that the music in the game isn't from Ep2. But Ep-X ran with the story! LOL

The Bounty Hunter trailer is tough!

Edit: thanks for the code, DS. I won't use it just yet since I just got the game. But if a code comes out to unlock Slave I and the Republic Gunship I'm using it!

6. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    Ha Ha I bought it brand new for a $1.46 and it rocks!

7. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Where do you live, Argentina?

8. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Louisiana.

9. Obi_Wan_01

Obi_Wan_01 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 17, 2001
    Thats USA right, sry I live in Canada... ;) 8-}

10. Yodarth

Yodarth Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 24, 2002
    Just got the game (must be good, MY town got it in earlier than 2 months after release). I played the training missions (sleep) and started the regular missions. A lot like the first one, but a lot of improvement. So far nothing that got worse. Can't wait to play 2-Player with someone.

11. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Yep that is USA the very south. The reason I got that cheap is cause I work in a game store!!!!!!!!

12. pat-fett

pat-fett Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 17, 2001
    Just picked the game up today. I love it. I'm really digging the Force powers.

13. WormieVibes

WormieVibes Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 24, 2002
    Great pics LMM!! Can't wait to play this game now. ;)

14. FunkMst3k

FunkMst3k Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 1999
    Definately isn't a 'Rouge Leader'.

15. Lord Mauly Mall

Oct 21, 1999
    I played Rogue Leader last week and it's a great game, but so is Jedi Starfighter. Each has its own thing going for it. In this case I like the Ep2 connection with JS since AOTC is around the corner as opposed to the OT theme of Rogue Leader. I finished JS last night, the 'Attack of the Clones' level is great. I love seeing those clones running around and all the vehicles seen in the trailer. There's also clones on speeders, something we didn't see in the trailer. The Republic Gunships fly around in a flock high above blasting things with those mini-Death Star lasers. I can already imagine how exciting it will be in the movie when they show up and start decimating.

The bonus outtakes video is real funny. I also got to play as Jango in the one player bonus mission, but I haven't unlocked Slave I yet.

16. Macho

Macho Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2001
    Curious how were you able to play Jango without Slave 1? this is a space fight flight sim(try saying that 5 times fast) not first person. Is there a way I can rip the cut scenes or download them from the game for my own personal use/reference?

17. Lord Mauly Mall

Oct 21, 1999
    My bad, I should have made it more clear. The last one player bonus you can unlock is a level called 'Jango Fett' and it allows you to fly Slave I in a particular mission(a hard mission at that, I was just able to beat it a few minutes ago after nuuumerous attempts). So whereas for this one bonus level you can fly Slave I if you unlock it, if you achieve all the hidden objectives in the game you can fly Slave I during any mission you want.

Edit: I don't have have an answer for your cut scenes question.

18. 1stAD

1stAD Jedi Youngling star 5

May 10, 2001
    Argh, has anyone gotten the hidden objective for Training Mission 4? It's impossible :mad:

Too much talking in the level! I've beaten the objectives under 4:00 ONCE, but by then I ran out of missiles so I couldn't beat Jenkins (or whoever that is)!

How do I beat this thing!?

19. Lord Mauly Mall

Oct 21, 1999
    I agree, that particular training level is really tough to get done in under 4 minutes! Jenkins talks too damn much and runs the clock down. After a lot of tries I was able to do it under 4 minutes, but I wasn't able to beat blabber mouth Jenkins.

Basically use the concussion bombs on all the AAT's as fast as possible, except perhaps use a missile on a far AAT in the distance to get the tractor beam thing to show up while still saving about 3 or 4 missiles. Stay close to the lake when the tractor beam shows up, have it ready as your target and blast it with a missle. Hopefully if you do it under 4 and you have enough missiles left you can blast Jenkins with them.

Anyway, you have to experiment because I only got it under 4 minutes once and apparently 2 missiles weren't enough to take out Jenkins!

20. Lord Mauly Mall

Oct 21, 1999
    Oops! Apparently you can take out Jinkins with one well-placed missile! :D

21. Macho

Macho Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2001
    I don't think you need to destroy all the tanks

22. Lord Mauly Mall

Oct 21, 1999
    If you don't destroy all the tanks you won't complete the individual objectives. During the last objective of destroying the tractor beam tower is when you don't have to destroy all the tanks, or any at all for that matter. Once you take out the tractor beam you either end the mission or move on to trying to take out Jinkin's shields, depending on if you made it under 4 minutes.

23. dinoX

dinoX Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 20, 2002
    its too bad this game isn't on the PC. I refuse to waste money on a console...and there hasn't been an awesome Star Wars space sim on the PC since Tie Fighter. :\

24. pat-fett

pat-fett Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 17, 2001
    Whoohoo I finaly unlocked Slave1. I like it but the Gunship is the best. That Death Star ray is great.

25. Dark Lord of the Jedi

Dark Lord of the Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    Love the game, but the ending is a cliff hanger. Is there gonna be a SF3 or is it going to lead into Bounty Hunter?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.