main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official NO WAY OUT Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Fan Audio' started by Nathan_P_Butler, Jan 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nathan_P_Butler

Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21 star 4 VIP

May 23, 2003
    Star Wars Fanworks is pleased to present the sixth episode on the ongoing Star Wars fan audio drama series, Star Wars: Anthology. Today, we premiere Anthology: No Way Out, an original tale written by Sean Koury (who now brings his fan-favorite fanfic character Lawg Skrak into the fan audio field) and mixed by the series' new second mixer, Steve Fluharty.

The tale takes place during the Clone Wars era and brings back Adam Bertocci's "Prevoda Vatil" character from Doubts Cast, the Reftiyu and Ferri'sol systems of Second Strike, and other familiar faces to fan audio and fan film enthusiasts.

Enjoy, folks! The true multi-creator vision for Anthology finally begins with this episode.

http://www.starwarsfanworks.com/nowayout.html

2. LawgSkrak

LawgSkrak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 23, 1999
    That was the worst episode yet. Blah!

hehe

Actually I haven't had a chance to hear it yet. Hope everyone likes it. :)

3. pyanfar

pyanfar Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 24, 2002
    alright, i have to confess, i haven't read any Lawg fanfic. actually, more to the point, i've never read any fanfic, of any genre, ever.

anyway, dude, i dunno if Lawg is supposed to be funny or not, but i just listened to it, and it's either your voice, your delivery, the lines themselves, or some sort of combination therein, but i am STILL grinning close to an hour later.

he's just such a badass. oops, can we say that here? bada$$ maybe?

and Steve is a frelling BRILLIANT mixer! can i request this guy mix any project i'm involved in, in the future? heehee

anyway, very awesome, good job! and nice voice! i may have to be a member of the Sean Koury fanclub as well as the Matthew Gordon fanclub, hahaha. but, um, are you Canadian? just curious, of course...

;o)

now i've just got 2, or more like 1 and 1/4 more set of lines to record, and all the stuff i've got text for i'll have finished. yay amy!

then i just gotta try to remember who wanted to hear me do a British accent....

4. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    I'll let the language slip this time, but try to nerfherder next time :)

5. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    and brings back Adam Bertocci's "Prevoda Vatil" character

God help us all!

Anyway, my thoughts in more or less chronological order.

? I REALLY loved the opening bit with the creepy SW opening theme and the rustling-clicking bits and the chorale. It even segued nicely to the SW fanfare and edited nicely when it cut. Best thing of its kind I've heard.
    ? Another great music choice as the ship drifts along. Is this AOTC's opening?
    ? Whee, a Clone Wars story. I like that.
    ? Okay, seriously, who names their ship ANYTHING Gundark, much less Death Gundark?
    ? Great beep and static effects on the communicator.
    ? "Butt"? "Butt" is not a good StarWarsy word. (Yes, I know it's used in "The Approaching Storm". I don't like it there either.)
    ? Gary Mongar does a hell of a Temuera Morrison imitation.
    ? I like the music choice when Skrak suits up as a clonetrooper.
    ? I like the point that the clonetroopers aren't very good (leading into stormtroopers not being very good), but the Ewok comment was a little too cute.
    ? Use of a dianoga also a bit much of an OT nod for me.
    ? Anakin's death music not a great music choice for Reeftut... puts me far too much in mind of that particular scene, a scene whose mood does not match this one.
    ? It's pronounced Palpa-TEEN.
    ? It's pronounced VAH-til.
    OBJECTIVITY STOPS HERE
    ? Hey, there's me. I alone make this project great. Thank goodness for me.
    ? Assaj Ventress and Durge mention ME? :D
    ? My God, I'd forgotten how hard my first line was. UGGH! I needed so many takes!
    ? This is the THIRD TIME in a fan audio drama I die in an undignified manner. Jesus Christ. I oughta play a Fett next.
    RESUME OBJECTIVITY
    ? Neck-snap a little weird.
    ? All in all, very very neat piece.

Rick McCallum loves you!

6. LawgSkrak

Apr 23, 1999
    Yes but did you like it, Adam?

And who says you died in the explosion?

And Amy, I am a Canadian. How could you tell? I don't think I said eh? or anything, did I?

:)

Lawg is intended to be a rather sarcastic SOB, rather like myself (well I'm not an SOB) and that was how I tried to play him.

Although I don't think I intended for anyone to be busting a gut laughing everytime I said something. :(

hehe

Nathan I tried to post over at the GS but my verification e-mail never showed up (I had to register a new account because I don't remember my old one AT ALL). If it shows up, I'll try to get on there.

7. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    Sean, if it doesn't work when you try again, Email me, and we could have me set you up with one then you just change the password once it's set up.

As for Adam's character, no, he didn't die in the explosion. But these events and Lawg's comments about Asajj do lead to his death, as you'll find in the "Star Wars Fanworks: Core Universe Sourcebook" (formerly the "Second Strike Sourcebook") later this year.

I also just noticed the scrolling text under "latest news." It's not "No Way Out #6." NWO is "Anthology #6." The way it's up makes it look like NWO has six episodes.

8. LawgSkrak

Apr 23, 1999
    No new comments since this morning, here or at the GS :( Oh well.

hehe

Hey I just listened to the end credits. Nathan it sounds like you committed me to doing another episode???? Hmmmmmm

I don't know, what does everyone else think? Should I do another one with Lawg?

Oh and I still haven't gotten a reply from trying to sign up for the GS. Nate, maybe you could set me up an account. Of course I want my nick to be LawgSkrak.

E-mail me with the info.

Well I won't be back until Sunday. Hopefully this thread will be full of feedback by then :)

9. pyanfar

Mar 24, 2002
    heehee, i pride myself on being able to pick up on Canadian accents. heh, there were no "eh"s, but i think i caught on an "about", or something like that. *chuckle* it wasn't glaringly obvious or anything like that, though.

and i wasn't laughing out loud everytime ya said something, just chuckling to myself every now and then. "sarcastic sob" is one of my favorites as far as my sense of humor goes, though, heh. in fact, the only time i did laugh out loud was when Cheedoto said the "butt" line. maybe it was just the voice, heehee.

[face_clown]

10. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    Hey I just listened to the end credits. Nathan it sounds like you committed me to doing another episode???? Hmmmmmm

Eh? I don't think I read anything that wasn't in the script draft that I had at that point.

11. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    For those interested, I've put Steve's Jedi Duel demo file up on the No Way Out page so you can see how he got the "job."

12. LawgSkrak

Apr 23, 1999
    Actually it was just the whole...Lawg will return thing you said at the very end. :)

Actually Steve said he was up for another LAwg story so I'll probably do another.

Got a few things to finish before I start though. Like the Broken Allegiance novelization, and some character bios for Broken Allegiance 2. Then I should get right on to the second one.

13. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    Heh, give the man time! :p

He's got To Overcome's parts nearly to him and may end up doing Nothing Changes.

14. Janz_Walker

Janz_Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2000
    then i just gotta try to remember who wanted to hear me do a British accent....

pyanfar, that would be me. :)

Chris

15. LawgSkrak

Apr 23, 1999
    Where the heck is Bubba? I thought for sure he would post here. ?

16. pyanfar

Mar 24, 2002
    hey, Chris, i've got some stuff recorded for ya! i'll copy this message to you in a PM and then you can let me know how to get the recordings to you.

[face_clown]

17. LawgSkrak

Apr 23, 1999
    Still no Bubba eh?

I was just wondering what people would prefer for the next Lawg Skrak audio drama?

Another Clone wars story, or a Rebellion era story.
    Maybe an NJO story, or New Republic era?

I'm having trouble deciding.

Let me know.
    Sean

18. EagleIFilms

EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2001
    As for Adam's character, no, he didn't die in the explosion. But these events and Lawg's comments about Asajj do lead to his death, as you'll find in the "Star Wars Fanworks: Core Universe Sourcebook" (formerly the "Second Strike Sourcebook") later this year.

Nathan...dude...wow...that thing is gonna be one HECK of a book when it's done.

Anyway, finally listened to NWO (New World Order?) last night.

Fantastic.

I agree with Adam about that 'Butt' line...but that's a small little piddling thing in the SEA of great acting, and GREAT mixing. Fantastic. Wish I had more to say.

-Gregory

19. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    Yeah, the sourcebook is gonna rock.

Anyone want a sneak peak at the profile for Adam's Prevoda Vatil character?

Anyone?

20. EagleIFilms

EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2001
    Mee memememememememe!!!

-Gregory

21. cinemafreak

cinemafreak Jedi Master star 4

May 13, 2002
    I love the sourcebook. hell yes please

22. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    Prevoda Vatil, Jedi Master
    Jedi Master Prevoda Vatil was promoted to full Jedi Master shortly before the Battle of Naboo. Over the next ten years, he spent a great deal of time partnered with fellow Jedi Master Jor Ti?lana. Jor, formerly one of the most respected Jedi military liaisons, had chosen to decline an invitation to join the Jedi Council?s ranks, but remained an active advisor to the Council, making his wisdom and intellect a thing of great admiration for the younger Vatil.

That partnership continued into the era of the Clone Wars, during which Jor was killed in action. Vatil found himself on the run from Separatist forces, finally going to ground on the planet Angeelsk in the Ferri?sol System. It was while trying to do what he could to help the citizens of Angeelsk before returning to the war that Vatil saved young Malchik Raine from a group of street thugs led by a man named Zloy. Malchik was thankful, but angry with the Jedi for allowing him to be seen as a Jedi-sympathizer in such difficult times for the Jedi Order.

Rather than assist Malchik in battling the gang, Vatil imparted upon Malchik the lesson that peacekeeping does not require active force, but can be attained by simply not seeking conflict when it can be avoided.

Vatil later returned to the Clone Wars, where he was killed in battle with the Dark Jedi Asajj Ventress, who had tracked him after a mission to Holdenus. (Rumors persist that Ventress was alerted to Vatil?s trail by notorious bounty hunter Lawg Skrak.) Vatil?s lesson, however, lived on in the military philosophy of Malchik Raine, who would later become a General in the New Republic Army and frequent speaker to other military branches.

23. LawgSkrak

Apr 23, 1999
    Okay okay, no more use of the word butt. I get the idea. :)

Liked the character blurb. Can't wait to get my virtual hands on this sourcebook.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.