main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official Triangle Trade Federation Gab Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Raleigh, NC' started by TallonKaardgamer, Feb 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TallonKaardgamer

TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Found out last night that Charlotte will have 2 digital theaters by the fall of 2005, and Consolidated Theaters will manage them. Digital projectors cost $150,000.00.

2. JUMPMASTER_REVAN

JUMPMASTER_REVAN Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 14, 2004
    I will actually be in Texas (in a smaller town) during the Ep3 opening. There are good and bad points there. Good theatres, though not as great as some of the bigger cities, but then, hopefully, the lines won't be as long. I just want to see it first and then hunt down a bigger, maybe digital, theatre later. I just have to see it right away though. I am kind of in a SW seclusion right now. Knowing that the novelization and movie book (which I bought, but haven't done more than glance through) are out, I am desperatley trying to avoid spoilers. Though I guess the ending is pretty self-explanatory, I don't want to know how or why yet.

3. Anakin_Solo06

Anakin_Solo06 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 19, 2004
    After finding time with all of the school and work, I have now just finished the Episode III novel. I will not tell what happens, but all I can really say after this is WOW!!!!!! This movie is going to be sooooo good, I might have to see it three times. After the movie I really think people should read the novel, ya'll would really like it.

4. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    I just purchased the Visual Dictionary, and I got enough of the story to now be totally WOW'd too! It'll be phenomenal. ;)

5. stacey113

stacey113 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    Hey guys and girls, I am finally back online. I got a new computer and hooked it up to Road Runner. My job is great and I am so glad I decided to move here.

6. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    I'm so glad Stacey moved here too! YAY! Welcome Back!

7. Jedi_Natalie

Jedi_Natalie Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    I'm finally getting the cat of my dreams!! I'm sooo excited! So far his name is Meko and he is an F3 Bengal born April 7th, 2005. He is only 3 weeks old so I won't be bringing him home until early July (3 months of age). Wooohooo! If you new me before my sophomore year of college my AIM name was luvbengals and this is where it came from - the cat. My favorite breed since 6th grade.

Meko

8. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Wow, Natalie, uber adorable cute kitty! :D (but whew!!! for a moment, I thought you meant Bengal tiger!

9. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    I wanted to revive this thread before it gets locked for lack of use. Here's the stuff going on in my life.
    I almost said a permanent goodbye to you all. I had a technical interview long distance over the phone with Unisys Corp. for a systems analyst position in Montgomery AL. It was equal to a network analyst III position, but I botched it. It was easy networking questions - if I had studied CCNA and reviewed basic SNA mainframe stuff for about 3 days before, I would have passed it... I got maybe 30% of the questions right. Not using the knowledge, I'm losing it. Plus it's not where my heart lies.

For the last two months, I've been mentored in project management with a rep from the Project Management Institute. It's my hopes to get a PMP certification by August. I meet with him every other week.

Thanks to Kevin Hill, former city rep of Greenville NC, I'm going to start volunteering in the Radiology department of Wake Med Hospital on my days off two days a week to get a feel for the job. It'll be basic admin - gofer stuff. Get tapes from library and bring to radiology technician. Hoping to let this lead to a rad tech job - Wake Tech has a two year waiting period to get into their radiology program, and I can't wait that long.

So, I've decided to go back to school for the first time for curriculum classes since graduating with a bachelors degree back in 1975 (yes I'm old) . I'm going to take clinical trials research associate at Durham Tech CC. They don't have that curriculum at Wake Tech. Starting out slowly in August, I'll be taking Anatomy & Physiology and Clinical Trials I at nite from 5:45PM to 8PM. The project management certification will go hand in hand with this and give value add. I'll have to take Statistics I, and I've CLEP'd out of English and math, but I'll have to take Intro to Computers (ha! ha! me with 26 years at IBM, and I have to take an intro to computer class! there's an easy A.)

10. LlorchTHX

LlorchTHX Jedi Youngling

Apr 18, 2005
    Don

I wish you the best in this new adventure you are getting into. I'm pretty sure you'll be very successfull.

Jorge

11. Bodo_Janx

Bodo_Janx Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 20, 2004
    TTF Members:

We do have a Star Wars day on Saturday 6/25 at the Lost Goblin Games starting at 1pm. We will have a variety of games to play, and we all will have a great time. There are Lost Goblin Games links on our website to get there address and phone number. So come by if you can!

Bodo Janx

12. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Bodo,
    Let us know how Star Wars day turned out there at Lost Goblin.

13. Bodo_Janx

Dec 20, 2004
    The Star Wars Day was great! If was a full day of fun! We started at 1 pm and we ended at 7pm. We had a few others that we not from the TTF group who attended the event, which made the event even better. Because of this event, Lost Goblin and TTF are now going to begin a SW miniatures free-play at Lost Goblin every Wednesday from 6pm-9pm. We will try to have another Star Wars Day gaming event in the future if any members are interested.

14. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    I've requested and have been approved to take the Project Management Certification course. I'll schedule it just before I start class at Durham Tech in the middle of August. Now to study for this 4 hour - 200 question - beast [face_praying]

15. Bodo_Janx

Dec 20, 2004
    I hope everyone had a good 4th of July, and I hope everyone still has all their fingers from shooting off fireworks!

16. Anakin_Solo06

Anakin_Solo06 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 19, 2004
    Well with all the busy weekes that I have had I thought I say things are starting to finally catch up and slow down some. I finally got all my classes at tech signed up for and ready to go in August. Hope everything is goin well for everyone else, and those like me tryin to get classes or goin to school, good luck to you all.

17. Aya-Na_Bashu

Aya-Na_Bashu Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 14, 2005
    Hi all,
    I'm new to this board. My name is Aya-Na Bashu in the SW community, and Barb in the "real world. I'm a student studying biology, and like Anakin_Solo, I too go to Tech. I will also be attending classes at State. 8-}

Ilook forward to meeting everyone.

18. UniversalDestiny

UniversalDestiny Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2001
    Heya Guys,

Well here's the update on me and I guess you can say a request. I have been accepted to the University of North Carolina at Pembroke and will be leaving July 31st to head back to Morehead City before moving to Pembroke in mid-August. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in coming to my apartment on the 30th or the 31st (of July) to help my dad and I load stuff into a trailer. My Dad and I are looking at loading up on the 30th and leaving on the 31st that's the plan right now. But I'll post if things change.

Anyways, the Hockey season is back!!! YAY!

19. Bodo_Janx

Dec 20, 2004
    Welcome Aya-Na Bashu to the Triangle Trade Federation FanForum Boards. We are always glad to have new individuals on the boards. If you have any questions regarding the Triangle Trade Federation, please don't hestitate to ask. And, we are looking forward to meeting you as well at one of our events.

Bodo Janx

20. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Hey guys,
    Thanks so much to Natalie and Chris for the wedding photos for Adam and Jackie! They are terriff!!
    I've signed up for my PMP certification test for Aug 12, wish me luck. I got reimbursed from the state for WIA funds to cover the certification! YAY!
    I've taken a lateral promotion in Home Depot for Inventory Management Associate in Hardware, paint, and wallcoverings/blinds.
    My new schedule is 4AM to 1PM M-F. I have my weekends back!
    I've registered at Durham Tech for CRA classes. I'll be taking Anatomy and Physiology and Intro to CRA starting Monday Aug 15.
    Boris voice: Everythink going according to plan. heh heh heh!

21. Seperatist_Leader

Seperatist_Leader Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 5, 2005
    Darth_Desolate here

I to shall be moving on..to college. Appalachian State in August. Ill keep in touch through the forums. I just wanted to say thanks for working with Brier Creek theatres and making the midnight showing possible. It was an event I will never ever forget. You guys are great.

22. Aya-Na_Bashu

Aya-Na_Bashu Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 14, 2005
    I'm taking that class at Wake Tech this fall. We don't start till the 17th though. I've been warned that it's alot of work, but hey, I'm a bio major so I'm used to that. 8-}

Hi everybody. I've got a heavy semester this fall, 16 hours in 4 sciences (bio, physics, organic chemestry, and geology)at 2 schools (Wake and NCSU).

Could someone contact me in advance when there's an event or gathering. I'd really like to participate and if I know a bit in advance I might be able to get it into my schedule. I can't be sure I'll get to check the boards as much as I would like.

Aya

23. Bodo_Janx

Dec 20, 2004
    Aya-Na_Bashu:

Private Message me your email address, and I will put it on our yahoo group board which we use to send out emails to members about upcoming events. This will be the easiest way to contact you about events.

Bodo Janx

24. LlorchTHX

LlorchTHX Jedi Youngling

Apr 18, 2005
    Hey Everybody

Grettings to all. Congrats Don and good Luck.

Finally all the paperwork went through and I am starting a postdoc at a research lab here in NCState.
    Last week (and part of this) I was in Mexico (changing my visa status). Everything went fine and I came back on tuesday afternoon and since wednesday I've been at the lab.

Brad, I've just seen the video of the premier night.... WOW! you did an excellent work.... I'll give you a copy of the Tomy Lee Edwards Q&A at Barnes & Noble soon.

OK... hope to see all of you soon.

Jorge

25. Bodo_Janx

Dec 20, 2004
    TTF Members:

Ebay has several auctions that start this week on Original Star Wars Movie items. If you have about $40,000.00 - $60,000.00 lying around the house, then you could win won of these items.

Here are the links:
    Original Luke Lightsaber
    http://cgi.liveauctions.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6545186641&fromMakeTrack=true

Original Darth Vader Lightsaber
    http://cgi.liveauctions.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6545188786&fromMakeTrack=true

Original Luke X-Wing Pilot Suit
    http://cgi.liveauctions.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6545186655&fromMakeTrack=true

Original Luke's Severed Hand
    http://cgi.liveauctions.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=52933&item=6545186651

And much, much more!!!

Bodo Janx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.