main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters ~~ The Official Winter Celchu Fan Club~~ V.2

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by JediLuminaraUnduli, Dec 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediLuminaraUnduli

JediLuminaraUnduli Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 12, 2008
    Hiya everyone! I believe the old Winter Celchu fan club became a 'locked topic' because people stopped posting.. So here's a new one! Yay!

To begin with, would anyone like to volunteer some information about Winter? :D

1. She is approximately the same age as Leia Solo.

2. She has white hair, and green eyes, according to the 'Han Solo Trilogy'.

3. She worked as a Rebel spy during the Rebellion.

4. She has a perfect memory. She can remember everything that has happened to her, right down to dialogue. :eek:

5. She married Tycho Celchu.

6. She was the only child of Sheltray Retrac, and was adopted by Bail Organa after her mother's death.

-M

2. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Her codename as a Rebel agent was Targeter. ;)

3. Rau_Fang

Rau_Fang Jedi Master star 2

Mar 28, 2005
    I think my favorite quirk of Winter is that she has a cold, stoic disposition. I think it is a defense mechanism after the destruction of Alderaan. I mean, seriously, I don't know how Leia coped so well. I suppose she is a stronger person mentally, which would make sense.

Her inherent stoicism was useful being an agent as well. It is really hard to write though. Everything has to be so subtle, and facial emotions are a hard thing to describe when they are minute.

I'm pretty excited that this has started up again, considering I'm writing a Winter centered fic. I'm about 6,000 words into it, which isn't very far, but I'm taking my time. I'm not going to post it until I'm completely done with it. If anyone wants to preview it, maybe give me some feedback about the intro and my writing of Winter, go ahead and send me a pm and I'll send you what I have so far.

If anyone wants to I need to read more Rogue Squadron books. I remember her most from the Hand of Thrawn trilogy. The rest of Winter I know is from Wookiepedia... so I think this thread would be really helpful for completing that, thanks for starting this back up Unduli!

4. JediLuminaraUnduli

Jul 12, 2008
    Oh goody, posters! *claps excitedly* Yay!

Correct, all of them. I think, also, that she refused to marry Tycho for quite a bit.. *snickers* Denial's not good for you, Winter..

Ooh! A Winter story? *eager, puppy-dog face* Hurry!! Post soon, pwease!! PM me when you do? :D

Yes, a lot of the stuff I got was from Wookiepedia.. Huh. [face_thinking] I've now been plot bunnied. *Gaugh* *Twitch*

:) More?

~Mikki

LOL

5. Exeter

Exeter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    I always liked the bit about how she was often assumed to be the Princess when her and Leia would arrive at official functions, because of her regal appearance. Then there was the fact that she was invaluable as a Rebel Alliance intelligence asset because her memory allowed her to recreate exact blueprints of Imperial facilities she'd infiltrated.

That's about as cool as it gets.

6. JediLuminaraUnduli

Jul 12, 2008
    *Nods* Same.'Tis cool... Wish I had a memory even half that good. *sighs*

-Miks :p

7. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I've only posted one Winter fic (her and Tycho having dinner on the day that Leia has her twins and talking about their relationship), but I love Winter. There's some line in the Thrawn trilogy about how no one had any idea that the person sitting quietly next to Leia was keeping perfect record of everything said. And the whole thing with people thinking that Winter was the princess when they met her and Leia. Both of those things made me want to know more about Winter. I like her in the comics and I'd love to see more of her role as Targeter. She's mentioned in Allegiance and I wish Zahn had gone into that more.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  8. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    I've done one Winter vignette (though she wasn't directly named), but I really need to do more. She's an amazing, and largely underused, character. I'm hoping my current stuff with flow in a way that I can include her to larger degree.

9. Rau_Fang

Mar 28, 2005
    Why don't ya'll post your stories here? Should this be an index, too?

10. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Someone to Hold is my Winter/Tycho fic.

Winter is in Lest Ye Be Judged, but only as a background character on the GFFA equivalent of the cabinet.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  11. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Here's my little Winter vignette. No need for people to guess at her identity this time around. Comfort and Companionship

12. JediLuminaraUnduli

Jul 12, 2008
    OMG! Those stories were so good.. They made me cry. Winter is so overlooked, but all the fics written about her are awesome!

Keep posting, everyone!

-Miks :D

Merry Christmas to all!

13. JediLuminaraUnduli

Jul 12, 2008
    .. *bumps thread up* ... don't.. die on me, thready.. :'(

Eerr. new topic; Where did Winter go in the LOTF and Millenium Falcon series? She hasn't been mentioned for so long. :( I miss her.

-M

14. Rau_Fang

Mar 28, 2005
    Well, Winter was essentially created by Timothy Zahn... so if it were my guess, people are just drifting away from the classic EU stories. In the process we are losing sight of some of the classic characters, anyone remember Airen Cracken or Crix Madine(I know he died in Darksaber(?) but still he needs some attention)? I think this is why I love the Talons so much. Talon Karrde could have easily slipped into oblivion, but a few good people nipped that.

I wonder if there is away to revive ye ole Republic Intelligence in a similar fashion [face_thinking]. I'm sure that Winter would get a lot of love in such a group fic.

Also, I haven't read all of the LOTF, but I'm working on it.

15. JediLuminaraUnduli

Jul 12, 2008
    [[Sacrifice spoilers :p to what happens in the.. yea.]]

It's true that the classics are being forgotten; heck, whatever happened to Mirax Horn? I don't believe I've heard anything about her for quite a bit..

It's very unforunate that teh classical, original characters aren't being 'revived'. Winter has a lot of spirit, and Mirax is very cool. I wish the authors would continue writing about them, but apparently the Millenium Falcon series is the newest thing.. >.>"

Yea, it's true; Talon Karrde could've been forgotten quickly, just like Mara was after her death (I don't think I heard any more references to her after the book after Sacrifice-ish). Dear me, I miss her.. :( She was teh pwnage.

Hmm... I do wonder so too. :) *strokes chin* Perhaps there is a way..

Yeah, she would be much wanted in something like that. :(

The first few books are quite good, Sacrifice was very captivating. I didn't exceptionally like the ones after, but that might have been because Mara died. :(

-Miks

I heard some rumours about a comic of Winter being created. Has anyone else heard of this?

It's probably false, but just a hope... :3

16. JediLuminaraUnduli

Jul 12, 2008
    Oh good. I just went to Winter's page in Wookiepedia;

Apparently, she's going to be (YES ACTUALLY APPEARING!!!!) in Outcast, first novel of FOTJ. :D WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!

-Miks

17. JediLuminaraUnduli

Jul 12, 2008
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

.. Thought this club needed a bump :D

18. JediLuminaraUnduli

Jul 12, 2008
  19. JediLuminaraUnduli

Jul 12, 2008
  20. JediLuminaraUnduli

Jul 12, 2008
    Buuuuuuuuuuuuuump =P

21. JediLuminaraUnduli

Jul 12, 2008
    Hey everyone!

I know it's been a while since someone posted in this thread, but hear me out.

Winter finally shows up in Outcast (LOTF) :p:D:eek:=D=[face_peace]8-} if only briefly for the operation.

That way, we know she's alive and well, and working in Darkmeld now.

Never give up Intelligence operations, eh, Winter?

Now all we need to do is get her and Tycho back on the same planet.. :p

Anyone still here? :confused:

-M

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.