main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub The *OFFICIAL* YJK series Fan Club V1.0: Well what are we waiting for?

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by _3MD_PsychoSniper, Feb 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I think it was a key prison world. Aurra Sing, for example, was kept there. She escaped when the Yuuzhan Vong destroyed the prison; I assume more Dark Jedi were sent there, myself.

2. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Hmm, yeah. Oovo IV. I guess Dark Jedi from the Shadow Academy could've been kept there.

The fifteenth anniversary of the first YJK book is June first! :eek: [face_dancing]

3. dewback_rancher

dewback_rancher Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2009
    I don't recall ever venturing in here before... and if I haven't, then shame on me. :p

Anyways, I LOVED the YJK. It had so many things Del Rey's ruined or just plain lacks: it has basically what I point to in terms of "how to do Luke Skywalker right", it had the only SW character before Tera Sinube who shared my love of terrible, facepalm- and groan-inducing punnery (Jacen)... there was just so much to love.

RIP my favorite Solo kid, Jacen Solo- Del Rey murdered you long before your actual death....:_|

4. Jaina Byrd

Jaina Byrd Jedi Master star 4

Feb 21, 1999
    Our kids are so grown up! That means I am, too... I've really grown up paralleling Jaina- though at this point she's a lot older than me, but I like to think that since they live such longer lives than we do, it's all relative.

5. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Welcome, Dewback. :) Yes, the transformation of Jacen into JINO is one of the many moments of great suck in the post-YJK. *Headdesk*

Jaina, without these books... there's pretty much a 100% guarantee I wouldn't be a SW fan.

6. Jaina Byrd

Jaina Byrd Jedi Master star 4

Feb 21, 1999
    Wow! That's extreme! The movies don't do anything for you?!

7. dewback_rancher

Aug 23, 2009
    Glad to see there's so much agreement. I mean, I love horrible puns so much I've LITERALLY started to come up with them in my SLEEP (don't ask what I came up with... it was pretty bad! [face_laugh] ), and Jacen shared that sense of humor throughout the YJK.

Then, in VP, which takes place maybe a few months afterwards, you can't recognize the guy. And now, I can hardly go back and reread them, knowing what happens to him! :_|

8. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    The answer is somewhat long and difficult... but also straightforward. The movies did nothing for me then, but simply due to me not having watched them all the way through. They do it for me now. I love the OT and think they're some of the best movies ever.

In June of 1987, or July, can never keep it straight, I sat down to watch TV with my babysitter. I was 8 going on 9 and she turned the TV onto ROTJ. Before then, I had no conscious recollections of SW. I might've played with some toys or whatnot, but that moment is when I first saw it. And... I liked it. Not overwhelmingly loved it, but it was cool to me.

Over the next eight years, I saw... bits and pieces of the OT. I'd sit down, catch some parts of ANH and then something would come up. ESB... until it came out again in theaters, all I saw of it was 'No, I am your father!" to the end credits... and that was it. I caught ROTJ a few more times, on occasion the uncut version but it was usually the edited version for USA that somehow managed to be longer than the uncut version. :rolleyes:

1995 was... not a good year for me in RL. I was living with an emotionally-abusive stepfather. The financial situation for my family was... not good. We had two mortgages and Charlie was unemployed a lot. I had few friends. I... wasn't in a good spot, mentally. One day in 1995 i walked into the local Waldenbooks and found the first YJK book there. I picked it up, looked at the back cover and thought, "Star Wars? Doesn't this have something to do with that guy with asthma?"

The YJK was a sanctuary from RL for me. A haven from Charlie yelling and brow-beating at me for 'only' working eight hours in a kitchen, or daring to not immediately do everything he wanted. I needed and still need a sanctuary from DRL, a little bit of escape. Was it a huge thing to help me get through the 90's? No, but it was a thing to let me escape a little bit.

People say SW needs 'realism'. I say I can turn on the TV for the kind of realism some of them are talking about! [face_not_talking] Give me a universe where the good guys win and sisters don't kill their brothers on command from their parents!

9. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Welcome,dewback. Ah, yjks for me. I enjoy fiction at all levels, from kiddie stuff to hentai, extreme fantasy to very realistic, but LOTF killed many things for me. I guess it started with Lusa's death in sbs. Then jacen. Why couldn't he just be a good boy and stay with his queen? Oh, and btw, Isolders still alive and well and playing with Allana. Ta'a chume can stay injured or dead. Teneniel and baby sis are also fine:). Analin is alive and Tahiris not in a heap load of trouble for sticking around a sith or assassinating people.
    Really, lotf sucks. If I were to write an sw series, it would be a yjk like series about a young Ben or Allana.

10. DarthIktomi

DarthIktomi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 11, 2009
    I think a lot of characters are ruined by the change of writers. YJK was the foundation for a great future, one which has been burned to...its foundation.

11. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Back to the Big three saving the day. :mad: At this point, what was the point of the YJK???

12. DarthIktomi

May 11, 2009
    Well, they are giving Ben his due. And Jaina. But Jacen and Anakin are dead, and we don't even see Tenel Ka in a consular role. And where did Lowbacca (and Lumpawaroo) go? I mean, with their choice to inherit Chewie's life-debt. (Apparently they couldn't decide if Wookiee society was patrilineal or matrilineal, meaning it would go to Lumpy or Lowie respectively.) And they cancel the Zekk novel! And Kyp's become a guy who comments every now and then. (I can't remember Tionne taking any sort of prominent role after the NJO.)

I mean, I accept that Jaina had to be with Jag and not Zekk for obvious reasons, but that's about it in these "Let's kriff up KJA's ideas because Darksaber and Dark Empire were bad." changes.

13. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    Wow. It looks like I missed out on alot of crap since I stopped reading SW novels. Zekk's ending, IMO, isn't too bad. TK's hot cousin? awesome. Jaina, well, ok, so she ends up with Jag, I guess it could be worse.

Yes, Jacen did die long before DelRey killed him.

I've read a bit of Wookiepedia and have this theory:

All that Force psychosis stuff where the affected think that everyone's been replaced with a fake, it's all real. Those few Jedi were right. Perhaps something they did while they were in the Maw saved them from being replaced with fakes sometime around NJO and everyone else really was replaced with evil clones, aside from the ones who weren't born at the time, like Ben and Allana.

14. DarthIktomi

May 11, 2009
    And who are you, person pretending to be SilSolo?

15. dewback_rancher

Aug 23, 2009
    The plot thickens! DUN DUN DUUUUUNNNNN! [face_mischief]

16. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Meh, it fits. Almost everyone from the YJK and before suffered character derailment of epic proportions.

17. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    We still will always have Jedi Under Siege. [:D]

I'm not entirely opposed to what has happened, though obviously it would have been nice if it hadn't. I mean, look at what happened to the prequel generation of heroes and youngsters. They died, horrifically, pointlessly. Jaina, Tenel Ka, Zekk and Tahiri are still very much apart of the story as of LotF, Jaina and Tahiri as of FotJ, though I could definitely do with some more Tesar, Raynar and Lowie... but we have had a lot of Raynar love as of late which cheers me immensely. I love Raynar.

18. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    The PT's death and destruction was a foregon conclusion due to the time period it was set in. No real way for it to end other than the Purges.

The YJK... Jaina killed her twin brother on basically orders from her parents! That's beyond a wallbanger into "Whoops I just shattered carbon neutronium!"

19. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I... I suspect that we're not being told something. We'll have to see, I guess.

Incidentally, does this thread also cover the JJK? I've never managed to find a single one of these, but after NJO: Edge of Victory, I was very intrigued by Tahiri and Ikrit and the Golden Globe, I must say. I read that the magician at Vjun was retconned into a fake Prophet of the Dark Side by Abel... beautiful continuity.

20. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Well, until we get something-which I doubt we will-my point stands. Luke Skywalker went the distance for Vader, but not his nephew. A man who at the time, was the epitome of evil and not his nephew who he knew had more than 'just' evil.

I. Hate. These BOOKS!!!!!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

*Ahem*

The JJK are highly underrated and quite well done, Sinre. I recommend them. Ikrit is awesome. :D And it's one of Tionne's biggest roles, too.

21. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    I think we should change this thread to include both JJK and YJK.

22. DarthIktomi

May 11, 2009
    Agreed. Let's see:

Anakin: Jacen disgraces Anakin's memory.
    Jaina: Remember when she had a personality? Jaina's personality, last seen in YJK.
    Jacen: Total character derailment. In the old days, I groaned at the jokes (Finally caught that KJA got crap past the radar. "A lightsaber impresses the ladies!") Then he became Scrappy Hippie in the NJO, and then Darth Scrappy in Dark Nest and LOTF.
    Lowbacca: Where is he?
    Tenel Ka: I actually wouldn't have minded if Jacen killed her, but only because it would dovetail well with his cutting off her arm in YJK, and it seemed they were going that way. For that matter, Jacen could've upstaged her and then told her to kill him to save the galaxy. Hell, I'm still convinced they were on an Evangelion kick. (And yes, I consider Shinji a girl. He has a girl's face.)
    Tahiri: ENOUGH WITH THE PERVINESS, TROY! There will be NO shotacon or *glares at Filoni* lolicon in Star Wars while I'm a fan!

YJK and JJK were the only KJA books I actually liked.

23. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    INCOMING TRANSMISSION FROM THE OFFICE OF THE CHANCELLOR

*A hologram slowly begins to form eventually coalescing into a
    humanoid shape. The cross T visor and beskar armor identify
    him as a Mandalorian mercenary. A jetii'kad trophy swings freely
    at his belt as he begins to speak.*

Greetings, gentlebeings, allow me to introduce myself. I am Bardan_Jusik Mandalorian warrior and currently under contract to the EU Senate as Director of Security. As per the EU Constitution, Lady Adalia-Durron has stepped down as Chancellor and dissolved the current government. The time has come for the Senators of all threads to come together and elect a new Chancellor, a strong Chancellor. If your thread has no sitting Senator, you may elect one and be represented in the Senate.

The candidates thus far are; Adalia-Durron, the incumbent, for Chancellor
    and her running mate for Vice-Chancellor, Albaholly. Opposing
    them are Evil_King_Wiggins for Chancellor and his running mate
    Sinrebirth for Vice-Chancellor. The vote is scheduled for 23
    January. If you have any other candidates you wish to nominate or wish to add to the discussion follow this link

http://boards.theforce.net/eu_community/b10194/31471142/p2/?31

We in the Senate look forward to your participation.

END TRANSMISSION

24. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Wow, we've been quiet, not since the last Senate tidbits has this been posted in... saddening, Senator RK, is it not?

*shrugs*

I agree with the name change to include JJK as well. I still need to find those, and one more YJK, and then that era is completed, collection wise.

I really enjoy Tionne as a rule (to pick up on our old thread of conversation, RK), so the more the merrier. But at least our surviving YJK cast is doing a bit better nowadays.

25. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    yeah... wait, I'm not the senator. I don't think this thread has a senator...:confused:

Tionne. What's she been up to?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.