main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars The Old Republic - Renaissance

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by TheGoodImperial, May 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MyrialofKanz

MyrialofKanz Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2011
    Myrial & Iliac of Argazdan with Ashlae Starchaser; Before the Temple; Argazdan

?I think the Jedi can settle their disputes among themselves. Once the negotiations are over .? Myrial?s voice was cold now. She gave Ashlae a look that this was the end of their discussion. Her plans were set in motion and the Jedi?s arrogance was actually part of them. Xelon Tarn had no idea he was little more than a helper, an unknowing assistant in her unfolding scheme.
    ?As I assume you are here to spy on me as much as to negotiate I´d say we should cut the chase short, Jedi Tarn. Why don´t you come to the temple and I will show you the heart of things. The truth you are so desperately avoiding to face. Then you can judge, evaluate and leave us if you wish. To report to your Masters.? Myrial nodded.
    Iliac, still holding Ashlae?s hand understood the nod. His eyes finally left his mother and the Jedi and he turned to Ashlae. ?It is time to go.? He whispered to her. And indeed it was. It was time to leave. His ship, his fleet awaited him. It was time for war.

Stepping up the stairs towards her temple all of her guards followed the Jedi, as if they expected him to draw his weapon and strike out at her any second now. ?Master Jedi Tarn, as you will soon see things are not as they seem.? Myrial smiled and saw Iliac hurry away. It probably did not escape her guest, too. But that did not matter anymore. The game was on. And Xelon tarn could do nothing to save his precious Republic from the defeat it was about to experience.

Tag: TSG, TEE, TGI

ooc: TGI - as part of the endgame initiative ? has given me control over Ashlae for now until TEE returns.

2. Winged_Jedi

Winged_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 28, 2003
    OOC: Oh, I do apologise, I rather assumed I had included Bao-Dur in my last round of "updates". Sorry about that. Allow me to correct the oversight.

[blockquote]
    [b]Bao-Dur[/b]
    [i]Living Rooms/Crime Scene; Vondo Vad´s Tower, Caridan[/i]

Bao-Dur notes the droid's involuntary movements with interest. A sign of a restriction placed within its programming. Such blocks are a perfectly understandable precaution when dealing with an HK.

The most interesting revelation is that the HK does not view Vondo as its Master. Who, then, is its master?

Such questions can wait until they are safely aboard the shuttle. The Zabrak Jedi scans the room one last time, before sweeping toward the exit.

"If there is nothing else of importance," he says, "I am going to the Gordian Reach. These HK droids [i]will[/i] accompany me and assist me or they will face permanent de-activation and a forensic examination of their programming. They will be returned to your custody, Inspector, upon conclusion of my investigation."

He does not insult the man by using the Force to persuade him, but the tone of his voice makes his message clear: [i]do not question me on this[/i].

[b]Tag: TGI[/b]
    [/blockquote]

3. tjace

tjace Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2008
    IC: Paladin Halcyon
    The Avenger; Unknown system; The Sith Wreck

They arrived in the system, guns charged and shields ready. But someone else had gotten here first, and done their job for them. ?Looks like someone was here before us. We pick up no more than five life signs aboard the ship and massive loss of atmosphere in over 60 percent. I think someone shot quite a few holes into it. Looks like this was easier than expected. Except you need to know what has happened here. I can send a team on board, if you feel it is necessary, Jedi,? said Captain Lorvet.

?You are right, Captain. I do need to find out what happened here. Therefore, I will be accompanying your team. I need to observe firsthand, and if we happen to run into any Sith still aboard, we?ll have a fighting chance,? Paladin responded. This was it. He had no doubt that they would run into trouble, but he was eager to meet it. This was the moment he had waited for.

Tag: TGI

4. TheGoodImperial

TheGoodImperial Jedi Knight star 2

May 17, 2009
    So . . . GM announcment . . . the one I would have preferred not to make.

First of all, I won´t shut the game down. But I decided to address the problems we got with it right now in a direct fashion. The Summer Break was probably a bad idea and the sudden departure of half the staff of this board didn´t help. Several of my storylines have suffered from a odwnsized cast to a degree, where I consider them crippled and impossible to go through with my original plans. Oh and my Co-GM left and my other Co-GM got left by his entire crew.

Do I feel frustrated about it? Absolutely. But I did this long enough to know, that all depends on sticking around with those guy who stick around with you.

Therefore I plan to consolidate the whole game. Especially the Outer Rims-storyline has suffered less than any other and therefore will see completion if I can do anything about it.

That might need some cutting, though. I take over several player characters now. And those I take over now I won´t give back until the end of Part One of the game. I will also write most of you who were active a PM soon, in which I will try to sort out who is still game and who is still able to go on with his story. From there on, I will relaunch next week and bring the story to the planned end (to which we were pretty close already).

I hope people I "push out" now understand it is nothing personal, but a question of integrity to me to try and deliver my game to my remaining players. Life can always intervene with games. It is no drama. I just need to adapt to it somehow as a GM and hope the remain of the game will stay as entertaining to us, as the first part was to me.

If any need to talk about this rises, please feel free to send me a PM. Until my next update - and only until then - I will allow OOC opinions and statements, too.

TheGoodImperial

5. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    ooc: Okay, it looks like some public speaking might be necessary here. TGI, not everything wnet to plan, but count me in. Seriously. It is the most impressive piece of storyatelling that made it here, recently. And I am all game!

6. MyrialofKanz

MyrialofKanz Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2011
    ooc: I am here, too. Waiting for you to continue.

7. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    Take your time TGI :)

8. spycoder9

spycoder9 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2008
    OOC: I'll be waiting also :) I've had fun with this game!

9. TheGoodImperial

May 17, 2009
    ooc: Tuesday the game will restart for most of my players for the ENDGAME of Part I: Disorders. I gotta write a few last PMs and all that, but all in all MyrialofKanz - my new Co-GM - will kick of the resurrection of the game with a combined post with TheSithGirly and from there I´ll post updates.

Thanks everybody for the patience.

TGI

10. TheGoodImperial

May 17, 2009
    Final Note of the GM

So, as you might all have realized, I didn´t reboot on that said Tuesday. When my PMs went out I just got another wave of people leaving and that one gave me the killing blow. It is no fun when I have to start to break my neck to get storylines working because everbody left. There simply wasn´t a way to conclude any of the tales I began to tell.

I am well aware this whole summer break and my personal fallout with SirakRomar killed a game which people actually liked and played with great enthusiasm. For all those who relied on me getting this story to an end somehow, my apologies. I just underestimated how little value experiences from other places like this have here and thought I´d do my thing, when I realized this wasn´t the place to do it.

So TORR ends for now, but who knows? It might one da resurrect and actually tell the story I had in mind to an end. Thanks a lot to all players who gave such amazing characters to the game and especially my special thanks to SirakRomar and Sarge who helped me get this thing of the ground.

See you in the next game.

TGI

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.