main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TOR The Old Republic Timeline Video Discussion Thread - Rebirth of the Sith Empire

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Sinrebirth , Feb 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chance the Jedi

Chance the Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 25, 2005
    Nothing like that has never been announced yet, but it could happen.

Or are you talking about some of the art being used as screenshots for loading screens?

2. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I'd have to say at least both. There very good

3. Chance the Jedi

Chance the Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 25, 2005
    Nothing of that sort hasn't been confirmed.

4. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    New video up!
    http://www.swtor.com/media/clips/mandalorian-wars

One of the best clips yet I feel. Sufficient nod to Kotor 2 with the Mass Shadow Generator, but I was impressed that they got the Kyramud Battlecruiser into the video. Lots of Knights of the Old Republic Comic references too.

5. Lord Tuvitor

Lord Tuvitor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 27, 2003
    It's nice to see that Bioware is keeping an eye on all the applicable lore, as they did with the first Knights of the Old Republic.

The more they reveal, the more confident I am in this game.

6. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Agreed. And it was excellent to get some visual elements to go with the Battle of Malachor V, which happened off-screen otherwise.

7. Corpseslayer

Corpseslayer Jedi Master star 1

Nov 6, 2009
    Quite simple; the Emperor's forces were not yet strong enough. That's why he wanted the Star Forge in the first place. And the Emperor wasn't much stronger 300 years later, because the Republic fought him to a standstill. Throwing himself against Revan would have been even worse for him than an early war with the Republic. Revan would have crushed him. (This would make an interesting 3-way war though).

What do you mean - the exile has not been declared a pawn to the Emperor. And how does your Lucas quote relate to Revan/the Star Forge?

8. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
    Yes, but why not attack the terribly weakened Republic in 3951 BBY, when the Sith Triumvirate had almost totally destroyed the Jedi and the Republic economy was collapsing etc? He would have had less forces, but really just a handful of Jedi to hunt down and kill and the Republic, in it's state then, would have had less forces itself too.

I mean that some good explanation will be given why the Sith Emperor didn't attack the Republic when it was at it's weakest in 3951 BBY but had to delay his attack it until the Republic and the Jedi had rebuild, even if the answer is just that Revan&the Exile did so much harm to the Emperor's plans that he couldn't attack until centuries layer.

9. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    I think the reason for the delay might already have been revealed. The Emperor, like many, has the smarts and self-love to know that the greatest threat wasn't to his empire after Revan and Malak were destroyed. The greatest threat that was revealed to the Emperor was the threat of the Sith spirits and rogue 'Sith Warlords' that would of not only devided his forces, strength and concentration, but might have been a serious threat to his staying Emperor. First he had to consolidate power and rut out those with the potential to replace him, as well as wait till only a single serious opponent was left to face. The Jedi's Republic.

Just my ideas on that one.

10. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    http://www.swtor.com/info/holonet/timeline/exar-kun-war
    Surprised we haven't updated this.

By far the best one yet. It offers some very cool insights about the Sith, and gives justification to the good guys on the bad side ideal of TOR.

11. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Rebirth of the Sith Empire

Mildly interesting, in that the Empire was born from these people. Star Destroyer prototypes 1251 BTC? Bit early, aren't they? :p

12. Rouge77

May 11, 2005
    BW put Star Destroyers looking similar to PT&OT ones to the game, so there had to be an explanation. Probably there couldn't be a terribly good one.

Ravager was already problematic in KOTOR II, but perhaps we just must assume that the wedge-shaped Star Destroyer -type is just as ancient as the Hammerheads and that in the CW and afterwards the ship designers just took some old designs - Palpatine could have had a hand in that - made some changes and sent them to the shipyards. Trying to model his Empire on past Sith Empires is not a bad retcon to explain the similarities - if you want to build a Sith Empire, then the logical thing would be to study the Sith Empires of the past, including how their various symbols - including ships - looked in the past.

13. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I would have loved more Sith Meditation Spheres, mind you. Still holding out a hope for those to be in the game.

14. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Perhaps they will be introduced as the vessels that the Sith Council uses/has access to. With only those being likely for the position or already in it being given one? I shall hope against hope on Sith Meditation Sphere's.

15. Rouge77

May 11, 2005
    The Great Hyperspace War timeline update:

http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20110211

Unnecessarily vague at some points and the text accompanying the video actually makes it more clear what the Supreme Chancellor's decision actually meant for the Sith.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.