main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Optimistic Appreciation Thread!

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by koonfan, Oct 25, 2010.

1. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
  2. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Being eternally optimistic, I will not open!

Seerow, JackG and AkashKedavra_93 like this.
  3. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I shall not click that either. I'll stay optimistic. Here is a sunrise.

[​IMG]

4. Dathomir-Witch

Dathomir-Witch Jedi Master star 2

Jan 2, 2013
    rumblewagon and Seerow

Don't worry too much, actually you only find links to other threads, when you open it.

Seerow likes this.
  5. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Not spoiler free, but staying optimistic. I suck with spoilers actually.

6. Dathomir-Witch

Dathomir-Witch Jedi Master star 2

Jan 2, 2013
    I just can't stay away from spoilers. I find the most horrifying ones, ask myself "Why? Why did I do this? Why do I have to search for them?!" - just to continue looking for more spoilers after one minute.

To add more optimism: Soon it will be Saturday again...

And that's really a beautiful sunrise, btw.

7. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    I guess we can chalk today's episode as another good one.

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  8. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    No spoilers please, I haven't seen it yet.

But that's good news, that this arc continues to be monumentally better than the last one.

9. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I'm very happy with the Maul arc so far. I knew it had to be good but wasn't expecting it to be so worth the wait. Pacing is breakneck, Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood almost giving me whiplash fast but its alot of fun. I may have had some issues but "Shades of Reason" had the most complex character interplay to date. I can't wait for the next part. Once its complete I'm going to mini marathon all the Satine/Deathwatch/Maul episodes so far in one major arc. I'm positive the next arc will keep this moving and it might even be great to see Anakin doing something again. Job well done TCW!

10. InterestingLurker

Jun 15, 2011
    The praise that the arc has been receiving across the Star Wars fandom(not just here) is impressive. Its good to know that (almost) everyone is enjoying this arc so far.

QuangoFett and rumblewagon like this.
  11. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Hopefully the good reception will inspire the folks in charge of this show to make more villain-centric episodes.

12. InterestingLurker

Jun 15, 2011
    Wow. That episode was even better than the threesome I had last night.

13. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Um, well.... "Lawless" was epic. My faith is fully restored and despite the disaster that was the Onderon arc I think I can put him up there with Matt Michnovetz and Brent Friedman. I cut Friedman slack for the Droid arc because those were going to be rough no matter who wrote them and he did a great job with SDITV.

Now its on to an Ahsoka adventure that looks promising since its described as a tear jerker. seems like it'll give Ahsoka major development, its go Tarkin in it, and its got Ventress in it.. I'm actually looking forward to seeing Anakin take the stage again.

Uh-oh my optimism is crashing. Its only sad that in 3 more weeks or so the season will be over and the drought will start. This season does feel much shorter and not just because there were twenty episodes. There is alot less certainty on when season 6 will air. But it'll finally have the Clovis arc and hopefully a clone arc is in there somewhere.

QuangoFett likes this.
  14. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Season 5 hasn't been the best season (looking at you, Gascon), but it most definitely hasn't been a bad one. I have very high expectations for my Star Wars, so that this season is merely "good" as opposed to "amazing" probably undersells this season.

Having said that, we got to see a possible precursor to the Rebel Alliance on Onderon (an arc I actually really enjoyed), a group of younglings undergo the Gathering, and be attacked by scum and villainy along with David Tennant, and of course, Darth Maul and the Mandalorians take on Mandalore's government full-force.

I have high hopes for this finale arc and hope it gives Ahsoka and Anakin's relationship some meaty character development. Very curious as to why they think this makes a better finale than the Maul arc - could this be even better?!?

InterestingLurker likes this.
  15. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Seerow, I did this marathon, and it paid off! They all work really well together, make sure to include the eps from seasons 2, 3, and 4 in addition to 5!

The funny thing is this arc interweaves with the Lux/Ahsoka storyline for the S4 ep, so you could alternatively weave in all the Lux stuff from S3 and S5(!) I guess that would actually lose the focus you're looking for though...

16. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I could do that since I like Lux. I posted my full list in the "Old TCW Episodes Thread'

17. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    I propose it should be a separate marathon to keep you focused on the Mandalorian task at hand.

Hell you could even weave in all the Darth Maul and Savage episodes, but that's just crazy talk...

18. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    This is my list.

19. InterestingLurker

Jun 15, 2011
    Well, with the recent episode, it looks like they've set up the rest of the plot to be pretty intriguing. But what I really liked was that TCW finally introduced nano-droids. Seriously, I was wondering when they'd introduce nanotechnology in the Star Wars universe.

20. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    New episode was good. Its a little weird coming off of the high from the Maul arc but its a good episode. The super-sleuth thing was rad. I actually liked the opening and Ahsoka lampshading her tendency to save they day by doing it again, clever play writers. Man that's some dark stuff Letta got up to using her husband as a bomb. Filoni's commentary on the episode is one of the best so far talking about all the distrust the populous has for the Jedi. Why did they do this and that? What humans (and aliens) don't understand they fear, right? He said the days of painting the heroes with a bright brush are over and we're not going to believe how this ends. Oh, your so mean Filoni!

21. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    And now this is what I'm talking about. "Sabotage" has given me the best connect the dots (old episodes) game this season.

AkashKedavra_93 and 07jonesj like this.
  22. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    It was just nice to have a well-paced episode after the incredibly fast Maul ones. This episode was given time to breathe, and let scenes hold their own. This arc really is reminding me of the Rako Hardeen arc in terms of tone and pacing.

Seerow likes this.
  23. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I'm getting that myself with "Sabotage". On their own the episodes in the Rako Hardeen arc are harder to appreciate, even "Friends and Enemies" and "Crisis on Naboo" which are outstanding episodes IMO. Its when I put them together the subtle complexity of the arc becomes apparent. "The Box" which seems really random makes perfect sense. Its important to keep in mind TCW is not Scooby Doo. Its not pretentious with explaining everything. I believe viewers are expected to put the disjointed pieces together and use some imagination. I like that about the series. Without the EU really the movies are kinda like that. Everything going on is not explained on screen. Then with the gaps between them.

24. InterestingLurker

Jun 15, 2011
    Just question: who is writing the current arc?

25. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Only 1 season in and a vague idea what happens to his character later on but I do appreciate Hondo (whatever his last name is). I like him a lot.

Seerow likes this.