main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Panther's Cub - AU - Complete (Ch 76 8/19/06)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by PaddyJuan, Feb 18, 2003.

1. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002
    Q. Why hasn't ben reached his full potential in the force yet?(not physically or jedi experience), but shouldn't he have realized the number of things that with his potential fully unleashed(that was described)he can do?

Q. Are the sith linked to the dissapearance of the jedi that traveled with the Cirque du (word)?

Q. How long will ben stay on Hapes

Q. Will ben protect the Hapen queen, or any other significant character from an assasination?

Q. Will ben ever travel back to where he was once a slave? (as a jedi)

Q. Will ben meet obi-wan kenobi?

Q. Does ben have the gift of battle meditation?

-------------------------------------------------------
    Just returning from the dark age of not posting for a year. :( (just started to tentatively post) (Now I will post at least once a night) [:D]
    -------------------------------------------------------
    >>>forceblastthistothetop!!! [face_dancing]

2. Alikhar

Alikhar Jedi Master

Aug 6, 2004
    i read the 114 links, story, post, at once.

I like the relationship between Adi and Xanatos

I love the little one Ben
    UP!UP!UP!UP!

3. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    froggy?

here lil froggy?

4. MysteriousRaven13

MysteriousRaven13 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 2, 2003
    Where did Froggy go? [face_thinking]

5. Antiheroforu126

Antiheroforu126 Jedi Youngling

Oct 5, 2004
    Im going to stop lurking at this point, its taken me awhile to catch up with this story but I finally made it. Froggy! Come back!
    <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

6. tigerland

tigerland Jedi Master

Jul 1, 2003
    grrrr evil americans, and your stupid way of writting the date, when I saw 7/1 in the post subject did a liitle dance of joy thinking it was 7th of this month. grrrrrrrrrrrr again stupid americans.

come back froggy. pleassse

7. ca_tron

ca_tron Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 6, 2002
    I think we need to send out a search party. Split up and look around the pond.

8. Phoenix_Reborn

Phoenix_Reborn Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2003
    I promise she's still alive.

9. MysteriousRaven13

MysteriousRaven13 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 2, 2003
    Oh where, oh where has our froggy gone?!?! :D

10. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    Hello everyone,

I am truly sorry about the long absence and have missed all of you. However, due to family, work, and health issues, I will not be around the boards much for quite a while.

I know that many of you are rather anxious for more postings on this story. I am not going to be able to finish it in the foreseeable future. However, what I am going to do is post those chapters that I have so that you can see where the story was going. It will not be as complete or thorough as I normally try to be, and will skip several years at some points, but the majority of the plot is there. Hopefully, I will answer all of your questions. If I miss any, I will be more than happy to answer them when I finish posting this story.

I want to thank everyone who has posted here for their support during a rather long wait.

Froggy

11. ObiKajanee

ObiKajanee Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 25, 2003
    Froggy,
    Sorry you have been trapped in the real world for so long. And your health issues are, I hope, not too horribly serious.

Thank you for coming back to visit, whenever you can make it, with your wonderful story.

12. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    It's good to hear from you. I hope things do get better in the near future.

13. Laine_Snowtrekker

Laine_Snowtrekker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 8, 2003
    That's sad to hear. I hope you get better soon.

14. Jauhzmynn

Jauhzmynn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    It's alright Froggy.

I hope all will get better for you soon.

15. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    Chapter 70.

The Jedi sat on the cold stone floor of his cell, quietly meditating. Deep in the Force, he could ignore the frigid cold dry air and the dusty rough stone of his small cell. If he closed his eyes, he could not see the pitiful shards of white bone huddled in the far corner. It was odd, he thought, as a Padawan, I thought hours of endless meditation was a punishment. Now, a captive of the Sith, hauled out at irregular intervals to play training drone to that same Sith, mostly just locked away with only droids showing up to feed me, and it is still a punishment. He looked up as the sound of footsteps echoed closer. No more peace for today. He closed his eyes, took a deep breath, releasing his roiling emotions into the Force, then stood, turning to face the doorway and his fate.

~~~~~

Burning agony sliding slowly out of his chest, the searing scent of his own flesh in his nostrils, the dying sacrifice slipped away from the now crimson blade, collapsing to the floor. The low grating tones of the Sith Master scraped into his ears as the hooded being spoke to his killer.

?Your skills are progressing nicely. The lightstaff is well built. Pity your toy was destroyed in the making.?

?Yes Master.?

?Find another one. That one was most pleasing. The Force was strong within him.?

?Yes Master. As you will.?

?Leave the old one there. It will serve as a reminder.?

?Yes Master.? The apprentice did not allow himself to react. The air dryers that kept the sublevels from flooding would dry the carcass out, so that it would not rot, just slowly desiccate.

The last thing the dying captive felt, as his world turned blue and warm again, was a brush of touch against his wrist, a glint of white -- his young master returning that which had been stolen from him so long ago. A look of forbidden regret filled the garishly tattooed face; a bloodied finger touched his tongue, filling his mouth with the bitter taste he knew so well. He could see the tattooed lips, red with his blood, move, but there was no sound he could hear. He watched his master lift his discarded body and set it into the corner. And then there was only the Force. Finally, he was free. He tried to leave, to go to the light he could see around him. But he was tied to the room, unable to pass the wards, even in death.

A small blue aura curled up in the withered body that no longer held it, and wished that his tears had not dried up long ago. Alone. He was still alone. It was not until his replacement arrived, that the tiny piece of the Force was able to touch anyone or anything again. It sank into the battered child, soothed the terrors as well as it could, whispering instructions to try to help. But it could only reach the unconscious, never the thinking mind.

~~~~~

Cold eyes watched the pair of Jedi descend the ramp of their ship, hands neatly tucked into their robe sleeves. So calm and confident that their mere presence would solve any problem through the existence of their precious light-side Force. What a joke. They had no idea of the abilities they scorned, pushing aside their superiority claiming to serve the galaxy. Serve the self interested Senate is what they did, selling themselves for crumbs and criticism in a manner no so called mercenary would stoop to. Fools. She got paid and paid well for using the Force. And with none of those stupid rules the Jedi tried to force on anyone with almost any midichlorians at all. What gave them the right to decide who could use the power!

They had called her a failure, called her dangerous. She smiled; a cold ugly expression. They were wrong on the first count, but oh so right on the second. She was a hunter. At the top of the food chain, not a poverty stricken Senate minion groveling to a hideous troll for backward scraps of words. And they, the self proclaimed guardians of the galaxy, her rightful prey. That is the way the real galaxy worked outside the sheltered Temple. Her eyes narrowed as she studied the Master. Mace

16. ca_tron

ca_tron Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 6, 2002
    I think I might have to go back and re-read some of the chapters. Take your time froggy and get better. Lord knows I know what it's like to have bad things happen to you. I seem to have Murphy following me around.

17. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    It looks like a flashback to Ben's captivity and Dan-Lyn is in BIG trouble. It is the first one in captivity that confuses me- could it be Bruck??

Post when you can froggy- and feel better!!!

18. Tirra_Parr

Tirra_Parr Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 12, 2002
    Awesome! Froggy lives!
    I am glad to know that. I was somewhat worried.

Great post, nice and foreboding just like always. I love the way you keep me guessing.

Come back whenever you can. I'm patient...sometimes.

tirra

19. Laine_Snowtrekker

Laine_Snowtrekker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 8, 2003
    Whoa. Is it a flashback? Or it the present? Or even the future?

Is the POV in the last part of the post who I think it is?

20. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    Couple of quick notes:

benknobi1: He is very close to full potential; however, there are a few things holding him back, both educational and personal. He has crammed a lot of study into half the years most Jedi would have at his age. Also, he has not been exposed to many Jedi on a continual basis, just a few. So he does not see many of the different variations of abilities that he would if he had spent extensive time in the Temple.

The Hapans are there to set a background, when that mission is over, the Jedi will leave and continue on to a new one. I'm sorry I won't be finishing that scenario right now, but it is really more of a side story and details than part of the main plot at this point.

Alikhar: all at once?! don't give yourself eyestrain! Thanks!

Glad you all had fun guessing on that last chapter! Like I said earlier, the chapters are a little disjointed, and skip some time, but I hope you get the main gist of the story.

Thank you all again,

Froggy

21. Smily-faced_Abi

Smily-faced_Abi Jedi Youngling

Sep 2, 2004
    wow! :eek: :eek: i love this story, took me a while to read the whole thing up till the last post, but it was worth putting in all those hours of avoiding work!
    Was a little confused when i read the last few posts not being sure if they'd jumped a few years or if i'd missed something. but it's clearer now its been explained.
    keep up the fantastic writing! :D :D

22. kateydidnt

kateydidnt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 11, 2004
    *headache* *headache* *headache* I would recommend not reading this story all in one night. Ouch. Tired...fantastic story.

*Starts snoring* I-)

23. Jedi_Tigris

Jedi_Tigris Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Wow! I just spent the last week (between classes, homework, and finding time to sleep... ;)) reading this. What a great story! I hope it will be continued...
    Wonderful job!

24. Ganki

Ganki Jedi Master star 3

Jan 27, 2002
    Wow been awhile since I've been here, and oh so many chapters to get caught up on. All amazing even though we are now left with a cliffie. *sigh* Need more of this great piece of work, and hopefully we shall get it soon.

Hopfully all is well, and please write more.

*poke poke* UP!

~Ganki

25. Alikhar

Alikhar Jedi Master

Aug 6, 2004
    Is fantastic!!!!!!

Terrific!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a great story!!!!!!!!

i am waiting for your next part.

Gambatte!!!!