main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oceania The People's Chip (Hamish and Andy)

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by SithForceLord, Jun 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    Ok, I'll go out and say that I have admitted Rove is a top bloke and one Australian I quite like. Hamish and Andy are right up there two now. So much so, that I've been downloading their radio podcasts.

Are Rove and H&A in a similar situation as Steve Irwin? People around the world like him yet most Australian's didn't, or do you guys love Rove and H&A too?

I can honestly say I'd love to try the Gravy Chip.

Anyone here like / dislike the aforementioned celeb's and has anyone managed to get their lips around some of the "People's Chip's"?

2. Rebel_Padawan

Rebel_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 11, 2003
    I only watch Rove if I happen to be watching TV at that time and I do occasionally listen to the H&A show... As I did listen to them briefly on Friday arvo and I have absolutely no idea what this 'gravy chip' is... It must be a Melbourne thing?

3. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    No no no.

40,000 nationwide votes for GRAVY as a new flavour for chips were cast, almost 50% went to 'Gravy'. Smith's chips ran with it and proposed a 500 bag release, they had complications and they ended up with a mis-calculation of flavour. They ended up 5 bads short. DRAMA.

99 bags went to each state.

Apparently they're delicious.

Smith's are now making another run of, I think from memory, several thousand due to popular demand. :)

4. Norrad_Roff

Norrad_Roff Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2001
    [homer_simpson] Mmmmm. Gravy.... [/homer_simpson] =P~

5. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    Hamish & Andy are great on the radio. Really good jockeys. I don't really watch Rove, though, so can't comment about their pieces on there.

The gravy chips deal is amusing they got it to go so far. I'd want to try one, but wouldn't go out of my way very much to that end. :p

6. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    I don't watch/listen to either, but Hamish and Andy definitely have a fair sized following. Haven't seen any of these gravy chips around, though. I'll get back to you when they hit the vending machine at work. :p

7. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Rove last night the boys took personal space invading to a whole new level! so funny. the tandem ghost, the tag team ghost and the double decker ghost.

Genius.

8. Rebel_Padawan

Rebel_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 11, 2003
    So ah this Gravy chip idea, I bought a packet the other week, it was really just a massive onslaught of chicken flavoring... nothing special

9. evil-incarnate

evil-incarnate Jedi Youngling star 7

Jun 30, 2004
    I've managed to devour 7 packs personally....
    LOVE them.
    =P~

Have another 2 packs sitting here.
    1 is to be eaten shortly.
    The other is to be taken to my work so that some of my co-workers can try them.

Then, no more gravy chips. :_|

Still don't understand why they don't market them when they sold out almost instantly as a promo....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.