main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Problem With Prequels

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Goldenboy62, Oct 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Durwood

Durwood Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 18, 2002
    I didn't realise that expressing a negative view or opinion on a movie made on "malcontent".

Did I ever equate a contrary opinion with being a malcontent? No. I in fact said, "...the extremely small number of loud-mouthed malcontents who have been bitching about Star Wars since seeing their first ewok..." which, you would have to agree, only defines a very small number of the Star Wars fanbase as was my intention.

Where do you get you "numbers"?

Actually, I got them from here. I presume that the poll is representative of Star Wars fandom on a whole, and it shows that less than 4.85% thought Attack Of The Clones was "Medicore" or worse with a negligable .89% rating it as terrible. It's also a fact that Clones topped many, if not all, "Best Summer Movie" internet polls, and while the reliability of internet polls is understandably debatable, I feel they're accurate enough to gauge general interest. (Yes, I know there are people who will vote multiple times in order to make their favored choice the "winner" but since everybody has a different favorite, they pretty much cancel each other out.)

2. sdj

sdj Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    Well on Amazon the average review for the AotC DVD is 4 out of 5 and the reviewers are not rating the DVD quality but the film itself.

Bashers explain that please.

3. Ben-Obi-Wan-Kenobi

Ben-Obi-Wan-Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 28, 1999
    The Problem With Prequels

Natalie Portman !

4. Ben-Obi-Wan-Kenobi

Ben-Obi-Wan-Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 28, 1999
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.