main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends ~ The reason I didn't update...~ finished on ff.n, part II started

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by MsLanna, Feb 1, 2008.

1. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I began to methodically cut the jelly into pieces. "So I can decide to stay. Or else? I am not really qualified for anything in this galaxy. It's about just enough to be a distraction for C'baoth and maybe a jester to Thrawn." I shook my head and began to eat.

"Your perspective is regrettable, but that can be mended." Arn's voice was suddenly back to official Imperial. "You are still alive, not in detention and not interrogated. Despite the complete lack of proof for anything you said, you live comfortably; you are even being integrated into the Empire."

Really loved that part in particular. C'boath... :mad:

This update? =D=

2. Corellian_Ale

Corellian_Ale Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 3, 2008
    I'm kinda' turning on Thrawn how he's using you to distract C'Boath.

I'm curious as to how you'll end up changing "history" from here on in...;)

What?!?! No [:D] ?!?!?

3. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    Sinre - :mad:, I agree. Nobody messes with Arn, he's too nice for that. Don't think Thrawn will do anything until it's either my life or sanity that's in danger. :(

Alexis - I'm sure he'd make a better Emperor than Palps. And what I heard of Csilla and his personal Empire, he might be a good choice, indeed. Thrawn would have kicked the Vong back to their own galaxy withouth blinking.[face_love]

Idri - Maybe Thrawn will have an eye on Fel now.;) And I will not have a plaid lightsaber, thanks a lot. I rather have none.[face_blush] And who knows, maybe Blindman will return and sue my ass off for stealing that idea.:p

Amanda - Yeah, you go and beat up the original.:D And Thrawn is a rare commodity for me. *sigh* No lessons in Cheunh for Mellannas.:(

Vadey - Yes, C'boath is turning out to be more of an annoyance than necessary. Can't wait to see him again.[face_plain] And Arn is playing 'good cop, bad cop' all by himself.[face_laugh]

Ale - knowing where your mind is at home, no more [:D] for you.:p Thrawn's not supposed to be nice, maybe he'll just annoy me so bad, that I go back on my promise and just let Rhukh stab him.:p

[u]Twenty-three[/u]

[i]Get up, cadet Morrison!
    This is your free day, so use it!
    I expect you to stand to attention at eight sharp.
    Move, move, move![/i]

My eyes flew open when this unexpected call woke me. What the - ?
    It certainly sounded like Sergeant Toris, and I was due at the sims today. A nice joke; I bet Arn was behind that. I just hoped, he never tried to convince C'baoth to do the morning call. I'd probably try to drown myself in the sonic.

Not so today. I jumped out of the bunk, banging my head on the edge of it. So what? Taking the time to shower for real is a treat. I start thinking about a tub again. I think in 'Dirt' or one of the sequels one was mentioned. Admittedly, it was in the Grand Admiral's quarters, but Thrawn couldn?t spend all his time there. Maybe I could sneak in when he visited the Noghri. Now that sounded like a plan!

I had my fave breakfast, wafer-y things with creamy stuff and konot-tea. Yes, the face-kicking stuff does have a name. I asked Arn, and though he is still not happy with my interest in Mandos, he is indulging me. Must be C'baoth, that I have to suffer him sees to make Anr a guilty conscience. I feel for him, but he can't really go to Thrawn and berate him. Maybe I can. I'll think about it.

While eating, I found a manual in the labyrinth of date of the ship and repeated my lessons of last week. So many fiddly knobs. I only remembered half of them. But I caught up real fast. If I set my mind on something?.

I arrived at the simulator early and took some time to fawn over them. Since I had been clever enough to set the timer of my pad a little before eight, Toris did not find me drooling all over his machinery.

"Good morning, Sir!" I shouted happily.

"Cadet Morrison, did you repeat the subject matter of last week?"

"Sir, yes, Sir!" I was suddenly very happy about my inspiration of the morning.

"Then let's go," he gestured towards the nearest simulator.

I almost bounced up the ladder and dropped into the cockpit. For a moment, I just sat there, taking everything in, letting my hands wander over the controls. This was most certainly, what I was in the Empire for. Grand Admirals and Dark Jedi blast themselves.

"All set?" Toris' voice came over the comm.

"Set, and ready to go." I grabbed the steering stick and went off, happily scrapping simulated TIEs in the training tunnels. It was fun, and took me only an hour to realise that the tunnels were laid out to mirror certain movements you should be able to do with your fighter, backward rolls, nose dives, generally confusing evasive patterns. Though the last might just have been a glitch in the programming. After finding that out, it became easier not to turn my TIE into a scrap heap.

After that, it was t

4. furrylittlebantha

furrylittlebantha Jedi Master star 3

Dec 2, 2005
    Reserving this post for review Monday when I get back. :)Awesome chapter! You need to add 'ditching Luke and Mara on a tropical desert island with some middlingly terrifying beasts so they can bond' to Thrawn's honey-do list. :D

5. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Brilliant update, Lanna -- I'll add more when I can think more coherently. It's still too early in the morning for me. :p I-)

6. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    My pad blared at me and I threw it against the opposite wall. It flew apart in a most satisfactory shower of debris. Whatever. I needed to think.

I don't know why, but that was my favorite part. I guess I just like breaking objects that are annoying. :p

7. JediMasterAmanda

JediMasterAmanda Jedi Master star 5

Sep 7, 2005
    great update lanna. =D=

My pad blared at me and I threw it against the opposite wall. It flew apart in a most satisfactory shower of debris. Whatever. I needed to think.

what if it was something important? o_O I have had those times though...I think I robbed my cell of it's battery once so I could be sure to have quiet.

8. aurrasingrules101

aurrasingrules101 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2003
    You broke your pad?!:eek: You're never going to find your way around now :p

Great post!

9. Corellian_Ale

Mar 3, 2008
    Love the "to-do" list!!!

And Hethrir... Maybe I could manuever Thrawn into having him assassinated.

Then what would I do with Vyyk?!?!?![face_laugh]

And no impure thoughts this time around...=D=

10. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    I think this is my favorite update yet, and that's saying something! :p

And while I was at it, I could have Daala executed for unaccountable stupidity, and the Suncrusher stuffed where no sun sheds daylight, and maybe with a good spanking or two Kyp could be back to normal. So many possibilities. I finished my meal and began punching at my pad until it showed something that looked like you were supposed to write. Saving The Galaxy For Beginners. I certainly liked the sound of that.

So do I! =D=

11. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    I'll see what I can do about Mara and Luke, furry.;) Though even if I manage to ditch them on a tropical island, there's no way any of their adventures will end up here.:p

Idri - No problem. I can do incoherent, too. Just have a look. [face_mischief]

Alexis - It was bound to happen sooner or later. Annoying technology.[face_plain]

Important, Amanda? You really think something important will happen that involves me? o_O Hopeless optimist.:p

Maybe I don't want to find my way around, aurrasing?;) And there's always Arn....

Ale, are you ill? o_O:p And that's all just fanfic, it is not happening for real where I am. I think. [face_worried]

Is it the plan to change the future of SW, Vadey? I think I like that, too. Might just try it.:)

Okay, note: I am on holiday.[face_dancing] Meaning, I am not writing much.[face_blush] And for the following two weeks, I won't have i-net on top of that. :oops: To keep you at least a bit entertained, I worked out a schedule.
    *rummages her pockets*
    Darn.
    Well, in that case, there's just a bit of silliness as intermezzo this week, a full update next week, and nothing at all the week after.:oops:
    You have been warned.;)

[u]For Real[/u]

Well, this time it's really very easy. You wanna know why I didn't update? Tell, ya. It's all [b]Ceillean[/b]'s fault. She wrote a fic gift for [b]MacEwok[/b]. No, I am not against fic gifts, and no, I have nothing against MacEwok. At least not right now, I think I have a fork stashed away somewhere. Better'n nothing.

Anyway, I read the pm version of that, or honestly, I got to read only the part that went into the pm. I think it was the most important part anyway, there was a lot of action, but no plot. Not sure the vig had a plot in the end, though.

[i]So what?[/i] You might think.

Well, there was a scene I once started, getting kinda challenged to do it. I agreed, but after two pages that resulted in nothing more but nekkidness and kissing, I gave up. I put it aside, and forgot about it. But then I read that pm thingy and thought, well, who knows, maybe I [i]can [/i]do it? So I returned to it.

It was fun. Really, except for all those words that didn't come and phrases that sounded awkward and a thesaurus that was kinda prude and didn't know some very obvious words. And do you now what the image of a showering Fett can do to a girl?

Anyway, I tried to finish my diary update alongside that. Didn't work too well. Thrawn ended up almost crying, and I think he was willing to have his tub moved to my quarters just to get me out of his. Not that the tub would fit into my room. Not that I minded going to his. But you have to leave a man his dignity.
    I can do that; I got everything else.

So there you have it. The reason I didn't update violates the ToS, and I am not finished yet.

Somebody give that Admiral some tissues, he's gonna need them.

And that is the reason I didn't update here.

12. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Anyway, I tried to finish my diary update alongside that. Didn't work too well. Thrawn ended up almost crying, and I think he was willing to have his tub moved to my quarters just to get me out of his. Not that the tub would fit into my room. Not that I minded going to his. But you have to leave a man his dignity.
    I can do that; I got everything else.

So there you have it. The reason I didn't update violates the ToS, and I am not finished yet.

*snickers* Now THAT I'd like to see. [face_laugh]

13. JediMasterAmanda

Sep 7, 2005
    but, but I wanted to know what happened...:_| Now I have to go through band camp not knowing why you didn't update and knowing that the Grand Admiral cried. :(

Poor Thrawny I feel so sorry for him. *gives Thrawn a box of tissues and some chocolate ice cream*

You'd best update next week though. :p

14. Corellian_Ale

Mar 3, 2008

[face_laugh] That's the problem with ALL my fics!

15. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    *coughs* My fault? [face_whistling]
    I have a great effect on people, don't I? [face_laugh]

But come on, that Boba Fett scene was great. And I want more. :p
    Have fun on your vacation, by the way!
    [:D]

16. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    I love silly. 8-}

17. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

That;'s a very good reason not to update, Mel. But we all wanted to know what happened! 8-}

:p

18. Corellian_Ale

Mar 3, 2008
    MsLanna presents:

Twenty-four

I did not get long to sit and think. Only a few minutes after my pad had pinged out of existence, Ensign Arn rounded the corner. I did not ask how he found me. I remembered operations, and my back had never given me any trouble. Maybe it was even better now, or maybe it was just - enhanced. Anyway, it gave the word backtracking a whole new meaning.

"I will have to deduct the cost of a new pad from your pay," he commented, surveying the damage.

"I don't get any pay."

"I feared you would say that," he sighed. "I'll bring the subject up with the Grand Admiral." He offered his hand to pull me up.

But I shook my head. "Don't want to."

"Do you get a choice?"

"No." I didn't move.

"Attitude, Ms. Morrison," he chided. "You have no ambition at all. You know what ambition is, though?"

"'Course I do,? I shot back. "They're cold-blooded vertebrae starting out with gills and ending up with lungs."

He stared at me, but I managed not to flinch.

"You are having one of those moods again," Arn decided shaking his head. "But that's okay. I don't have to suffer it." He took my hand I let myself get pulled up. "The Grand Admiral wants to see you."

"Great," I muttered.

I followed him into the turbolift, and an uneasy silence descended on it while it raced through the ship. We got off in what seemed to be more living quarters, though by the way the doors were spaced; I guess that this is where the tinsel-boys made their home.

"Here you go."

I looked at the closed door, then back to Arn. "It must be quite a sucker of a job, being caretaker of Ms. Incapable, and never being allowed around when taking care would really be of need."

He smiled slightly. "But with the Grand Admiral I am at least sure he won't kill you."

"And with Rukh in the vicinity, I won't get very far with trying either," I nodded. "Hooray."

"You know what? When this is over, I'll help you get a drink." His attempt to cheer me was rather touching. I felt guilty for giving him such a hard time, when he was hardly to blame.

"Real alcohol?" My interest awoke.

"Real alcohol," he confirmed. "Engine Section 3 is making a real good brand."

"Now that's a promise I like," I grinned. The idea to get wasted was appealing to me. And it was my free day. Grand Admiral or no. "I'll try to hurry."

He mock saluted and left. Taking a deep breath, I approached the door. So this was it. Private quarters. Art. The whole frigging cliché. Wonderful. But first - the anteroom. It was small, dimly lit and full of nothing. After taking two steps I stopped.

"Hello Rukh."

Suddenly, I found myself staring down the business end of a horribly lethal knife. Not because it was so huge or anything, it was actually slender, made to fit up a sleeve, but it looked as if you had to had to drop dead just from looking at it.

"Wow." Without thinking I reached for the hilt, and my hand closed around the blade as Rukh pulled it out of my reach. Pain seared through my hand and when I opened it, I saw two parallel wounds running along its inside. They were not deep, but making up for that by bleeding ferociously.

"I am not to play with," his gravelly voice ground out.

"I am sorry," I said, staring at my hand. Then I looked back at him. "It seems to be the only thing I am allowed to do around here: play along, play the good Imperial, play Padawan for the mad Jedi Master - just pretend all is fine."

I balled my hand, feeling the blood gather and drip to the floor. "Well, I have become very good at that." I took another step towards the next door, but Rukh was in between again. Faster than my eyes could follow, he took my hand, and wrapped something around it. His grasp was hard like steel, but he didn't even need to use any force. He just applied some pressure to the right spots and my hand moved all of its own accord.

I started at my dressed hand, taking a deep breath. "Thank you."

He gestured towards the door. "Just remember," he mewed after me, "that in the end, all games are deadly."

19. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] That was fantastically fun. :D

20. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    Interesting meeting with Thrawn.

"Ugh." I paused in the anteroom. "One day I'll just gonna? kill him."

"No, you will not," Rukh's voice meowed too close at my right.

Rukh just doesn't get sarcasm, I'm afraid. :p

"*bleep*," I said ? well, not really bleep, but you get the picture - dropping my forehead on my arm, I raised my glass in Jes' direction for a refill. The though of living Tem-clones walking the same decks was getting to me. Bleep indeed; I didn't even care how old they were.

[face_laugh]

Bleep?!

[face_laugh]

And let me tell you, the Empire Drinking Game is fun. Extracting darts from random Imperials is fun, too, so is the ensuing brawl. I soon felt rather beat-up, and for several reasons, but the bottle never seemed to get any more empty. I had to do something about that.

I don't think I'd like the Empire Drinking Game, but that's a good reason not to update. :p

Awesome update! :D

21. JediMasterAmanda

Sep 7, 2005
    sweet chapter. very interesting meeting with Thrawn there. Rukh should just go die because 1) no sense of humor and 2) he kills Thrawn in the end

I highly doubt I would ever join in on the Empire Drinking Game. I don't like alcoholic beverages, but I can easily act like I'm drunk.

22. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I loved these, sorry I didn't respond to the others, but they were just as funny.

Imagining little Lanna having a staring match with Thrawn made me grin. I wonder when you'll snap and decide to change things - I would have by now, with C'Boath as your prize.

The scenes with Rukh were interesting. Though touching his knive hurt. The description was so accurate, and the surprise so clear, that my hands ache. Ouch, ouch, ouch. I don't like this game Thrawn's playing.

And Arn has crossed the line from nice and sweet to insufferable. Of course Thrawn is clever. But that doesn't help us!

23. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    I am back! With more freckles than the GAR had clones.:p

Thanks for updating for me, Ale![:D]
    (See, they're back[face_mischief])

Author replies for the silly thing:

Alexis - I don't think the Grand Admiral will have his reputation thus compromised, so footage of the events is probably all destroyed by now.:p Anyway, a new board policy is up against harassment, so I better behave, or he'll have me banned.[face_laugh]

Better with the new update, Amanda?[face_batting] And just this once, let me have the fun for just one update. :p

Oh dear, Ale. I can see the amount of editing coming up to me. :oops: I hope it's violating the ToS in a good way. Your new girls seem cute enough for it to be fun...:p

Ceillean - Yes, your fault! And one day, I'll tell you how writing works for me and what such scenes to to my poor brain. There will not be any more![face_not_talking] Maybe I can get something into this fic sometime, thoug...[face_whistling]

Vadey - that's good to hear. I tend to be very silly sometimes.[face_blush]

Idri - *lol* But the reason I didn't update will go on for such a long time yet. What does one week of waiting mean in that scope? This might take me years!:oops:

And now, I'm off to get the next update ready. I hate those inconsistencies in my schedule. *sigh*

24. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Silly is a good thing. No one should take themselves too seriously! :p

Great update. =D=

25. JediMasterAmanda

Sep 7, 2005
    of course you can have fun, I was just saying that I wouldn't participate in the consumption of alcoholic beverages myself.