main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY The Rebellion's website

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Doc_Bev, May 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    As the guy who maintains and updates the FF-UK's website, can I just suggest that the biggest problem with a FF website is not maintaining it, but getting people to contribute to it.

If you can get that sorted, then a website with an easy to remember URL with links to the forums is a great idea!

(Forgive me if I'm preaching to the choir here :) )

2. DarSolo

DarSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 26, 2004
    I agree! I myself find theforce.net or whatever it is to be hard to navigate (like to get to these message boards) unless you know exactly what you are looking for. RochesterFanforce.com is easy to remember and to tell new people interested Star Wars. It's just a static site which shouldn't be too hard to maintain links and the calendar on. Just sell a handful of the ROTS pins (which Tom donated) or a raffle (with stuff we are donating) and presto it's paid for. I don't get what the problem is?

3. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    The only problem I knew of what funding.
    And if DarSolo would like the items they donate go towards website hosting fees - I don't see how anyone could say "no" to that.

Granted, I'm sure the site would look a heck of a lot better if someone other than me (with my VERY basic HTML skills) were to work on the site, but we don't have any other volunteers in that department that I know of.

~Doc_Bev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.