main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The RED, WHITE AND BLUE

Discussion in 'Archive: Dayton, OH' started by Sean_Starrider, Mar 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sean_Starrider

Sean_Starrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    As many of you probably watched the President speak earlier, War is eminent. Unless Sadaam Hussein surrenders himself within the next 48 hours we will invade Iraq. The reason for this sudden invasion is because if it were to go to a vote, France has vowed to veto any proposal of disarming Iraq because France in fact sold weapons to the Iraq government. It is important that we support President Bush in his decision because we are fighting for not just our freedom but the freedom of the free world. We have not once but 2 times(WW1 + WW2) liberated France from being taken over and it is a slap in the face for them to not support us. What I would like to see is not hatetred towards other countries but a pride in the country that has given us all the freedoms we have enjoyed our entire lives...When you come to the meeting this Sunday, Show up wearing Red, White and Blue in support of this great country that we live in and call home. May the Force be with you all and may God Bless America!

2. Jedi_Junkie

Jedi_Junkie Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 6, 2003
    While I am weary of this impending war, and the reasons given for it, I am still an American. I do not feel whole heartedly that war is the answer, but I don't believe diplomacy will work in this situation. As I said, I am an American. I will do my patriotic duty in having my opinion on Pres. Bush's actions (and his motivations), and I will also proudly display my American pride. Plan to see me wearing the stars and stripes on sunday.

3. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Qui-Gon_Ludo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    Go USA!! Take it from the French guy :)

4. padawan_schlicher

padawan_schlicher Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Yeah, if a guy from France is all for the war, you gotta know that we are truely doing the right thing. RED WHITE AND BLUE THROUGH AND THROUGH!!!!

5. PADA-1

PADA-1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2003
    Don't mean to get on a mean streak with everyone here, I respect all your opinions but I can't say Im jazzed about this war. I was in the last one with Iraq in the 24th Mechanized Infantry Division so I KNOW what our guys are in for, it ain't gonna be pretty. BUT, if this is inevitable I sincerely hope our military utterly devastates anything or anybody who gets in our way,this means man, woman or child who seeks to harm our troops. This war will not be over as fast as the last one nor will we be done with Iraq once and for all, I won't be wearing stars & stripes on Sun. but please don't see me as unpatriotic.

6. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
    Hey Ludo, I think that your great great great grandfather was that french soldier in the patriot. Remember the one french guy fighting along side the Americans.:) Pada it's totally cool if you aren't wearing red, white and blue on Sunday. I just wanted to do something to show that our Fellowship is thankful for our freedom and show support for our troops. The fact that you were over there during Dessert Storm defending us makes you a great American and someone I am truly proud to be in the same Fanforce as. :)

7. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    Well, he might have been, who knows!! :)
    I am from a military family, my Great granpa being born in 1907, he lived through the WWI, and he was an officer in the French infantry during WWII (he had a LOT of Nazi memorabilia he took from the soldiers he took care of, like daggers, flags, etc...). My dad served in the commandos for 2 years, and I was in the military 1 year before moving here. I am very proud of the US soldiers, it must take a LOT of guts to be over there right now!!

8. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
    Was the sight of the statue of Saddaam falling to the ground and the head being pulled around the most beautiful thing you ever saw. I had a warm feeling all over my body seeing people experience freedom for the first time. God Bless the USA!

9. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    Yeah, that was sweet, but the news anchors ruined it for me, as instead of being happy for the iraq people, they were using the occasion to bash on French people once again. I am French, do not agree with the politics of my country right now, but enough is enough!

10. Jedi_Junkie

Feb 6, 2003
    I'm all for the ousting of Saddam and all.. But I don't think we, as Americans, have the right to claim ourselves as the liberators of Iraq. We just sound so arrogant. The Iraqi people helped in their own ways, and there are also British troops (and I believe other countries?) in Iraq fighting. And was America's initial crusade against Saddam to free the Iraqi people? I think not, however we wish to think of our governmet as a philanthropic body they sent in our troops to protect their hides.. But hey.. We should all be happy, Saddam seems to be out of Iraq's picture for a while, and seeing that statue flop over with the might of a unified mob of soldiers, and citizens.. I couldn't help but smile.

11. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
    Did anyone else think it was cool how the statue or Saddaam fell just like Palpatine at the end of ROTJ? On a side note, I feel that America/England IS responsible for the freedom of the Iraq people. If it were not for them Iraq would not be free. There are not troops from any other country over there and Iraq's people did not start rebelling until coalition forces rolled into Baghdad. None the less it is a beautiful thing.

12. Jedi_Junkie

Feb 6, 2003
    I didn't think there were other countries, just wasn't terribly sure, and I supppose you have a point. The Iraqi wouldn't have had much of a chance without some serious military assistance from someone. I just think we should try to be a bit less... I don't know.. Loud about our victories, self-important? I'm not sure that's quite the phrase I'm looking for.
    And now that you point it out, seeing that statue fall was very similar to the fall of Palpatine. In symbolism, too..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.