main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RPR Archive The Role Playing Community's Third Annual Christmas / Winter Ball

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource Archive' started by Imperial_Hammer , Nov 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chukles38

Chukles38 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 10, 2005
    IC: Chukles
    Outside the Hotel and Other Locals

Chukles stood nervously, the tray of food in his hands. He tugged uncomfortably at his tux collar, wondering why he was doing this again. Party's weren't his thing. Maybe if he had had a date... but, no. After last year, he was quite reluctant to ask for a date to the Christmas Ball. He swallowed and fidgeted in his tuxedo again. The clothing did not particularly bother him. The unassuming black tux was comfortable fitting and stylish though clearly not showy. Simply put, he was nervous. It occurred to him that the valet had already moved his car away. Well, it was too late to turn and run. With a deep sigh and another swallow, Chukles managed to get his legs moving towards the door.

As his eyes adjusted to the light, Chukles couldn't help but be impressed. The hotel was magnificent. He doubted any word in the English language could adequately describe the surroundings, so he merely decided Swahili must have some words that would work and moved on. Fortunately for him, the Lobby was empty. He moved quickly to the potluck table and laid down his plate of cream cheese tarts. He let his eyes roam over the massive tree as he did so. Hammer had more than outdone himself, that was certain.

Chukles looked to his left and saw a massive gold hall, shimmering with light. Inside were gathered several of the guests that had already arrived. He recognized some of them: Ktala, Xan, Sarge, Saintheart.... Starting out sure of himself, he moved into the hall. However, his courage faded on about his fourth step. He was about to call out the them, but he just couldn't. He locked up, and instead stood still staring at the group several yards in front of him. Realizing how foolish he must look, Chukles shoved his hands in his pant pockets and paced the edge of the room for a few moments, anxiety building all the while.

Absently, Chukles reached up and stroked his freshly shaven face, letting his hand continue up through his hair. Deciding he had had too much, Chukles quietly slipped form the hall, leaving the talking guests behind him. He wandered idly through the hotel, and noticed a lavish bar and an equally exquisite lounge. However, these rooms did not interest him. Instead, Chukles made his way outside into the Balthasar Gardens. The air was chilly, but not particularly cold. It was indeed a beautiful night.

Chukles wandered for several minutes amongst the gardens, lost in the trees and the lights and the fountains. The beauty of the hotel was truly astounding. As the crisp air filled his lungs, Chukles began to feel the anxiety flow out of him. However, one look back towards the main building and it was back again. With a sigh, Chukles turned.

The first thing he saw was the massive Conservatory of Casper. Without a second thought, Chukles made towards the building. He reached it shortly and was astonished for the umpteenth time by the majesty of the decorations. Chukles could see no other guests here, and was thankful for that. With no real purpose, he moved over to a bench and sat. His eyes roamed the wreaths and trees, taking them in as would a child. It was only inevitable that his gaze would shift higher to the stars above, and Chukles became lost in their infinite beauty.

TAG: Any

2. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    IC: Xany

The Golden Hall

Xany gave Ktala a careful look. Her old friend wouldn't be handing out poisoned coins or something - would she? But eventually curiosity won over paranoia, so with a shrug and a smile, Xany took a coin. "Cheers, Ktala."

She raised an eyebrow at Saint's antics with the mistletoe - it would be entertaining to see what the next people to enter would do - but didn't comment. "Family's just fine," Xany said cheerfully instead. "I don't think I remembered to mention where I've disappeared to for the evening, but what they don't know won't kill them."

Grinning, Xany bit into the coin. And let out a surprised splutter: the chocolate coin had been filled with liqueur, which she had not been expecting. She swallowed, trying not to cough, and shot Ktala a half-amused mock glare. She should've known something was up with those coins.
    They were pretty good though.

TAG: Saint, Ktala, Peng, anyone in the Golden Hall

3. TheManinBlack

TheManinBlack Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2007
    IC: TheManinBlack

Wearing the finest brand of black tuxedo, Gary Sue, TheManinBlack was ready for Christmas Bash. The question was, was it ready for him? As he saw the swarm of what assumed to be fanboys and girls surround him he knew it wasn?t. Even if they were super hot, super models, it got annoying.

Well not really.

TheManinBlack adjusted his Black Tie, and Black Sunglasses, and tried on a phony unpretentious smile?as it fell apart in two seconds.

?OH MY GOD ITS?BOBAMATT!!!!? Someone from the crowd screamed.

?Actually it?s TheManInBlack?.?

??ohhh? the crowd audibly moaned, and departed. TheManinBlack, sighed, and pulled back on his Black Skimask, he could tell this was going to be a long night.

TAG: all

4. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Penguinator-176
    The Golden Hall

As Saint wandered over to hang a sprig of mistletoe, I called out, "Mind your markups, now!" Not the best joke, but one everyone would get and groan about. I smiled slowly, hoping I'd come across as dashing and suave, which was not an easy look to pull off next to a plant-wearing swordsman. "Family's great, now that I'm on my own. It's hard to believe I've spent, what, nearly four years with the RPF. A lot happens in four years! Wish I'd paid more attention to these parties back when they first started out."

I remembered that my earlier forays past the fourth wall in the RPF. Existential crises were bound to happen when one referred to one's self in the third person for a while. Thank the heavens for markup codes, otherwise I'd never be able to sort things out, I mused inwardly. Well, outwardly. Inwardly?

I reached for one of Ktala's gold coins, just as Xany spluttered in surprise. Mental subtitles told me, "Don't do it! It's a trap!" I smiled again, cautiously withdrawing my hand. "I think I'll stick to egg nog, thanks."

Tag: Saint, Xany, Ktala, all

5. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Sinre
    The Golden Hall

A wave to YT followed as he strode into the lobby, and Sinre moved towards the entrance. The guard held out a hand for the invitation, and Sinre smoothly dropped it from his sleeve, in true Sith style, and deposited it in the mans hand. The guard blinked in confusion, and Sinre walked past, into the party.

He smiled at everyone, easing around the edge of the crowd. He was hardly a center-of-attention individual, though found himself there more often than not. He stopped at the entrance of the golden hall, glancing up as he saw the mistletoe. Bemused, he imagined Nick had placed it there, knowing him.

He went to find a seat and sat, bemused as he watched the others converse. Sinre sadly realised that he knew of most of these people, rather than personally knew them. The_Loyal_Imperial and Hammer remained his only close friends, though he conversed a great deal with Nick, Matt and Sarge a great deal.

Ah, what the hell.

He took the plunge, striding into the group gathered around the food. He bowed, lightly, to the girls, and offered a little salute to the guys, two fingers flicking up from his brow, and smiled. "Hey, guys. Have I missed much? I see Nick is hedging his bets about the kissing." He pointed a thumb backwards at the mistletoe.

He suddenly looked around. "Where is Chukles? I saw him walk in just before me."

TAG: Saint, Ktala, Xan, the rest of the group.

6. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    IC: Xany

The Golden Hall

Xany coughed lightly, rubbing her throat. That liqueur really burned. She grinned at Peng, who had noticed her splutter and opted not to go for a coin. "They're good - *cough* - though, once you get over the shock."

The Golden Hall and lobby were now abuzz with conversation as more and more guests arrived. Next to appear was Sinre, who greeted the group with a bow at the girls and a small salute for the guys. "Hey, guys. Have I missed much? I see Nick is hedging his bets about the kissing." He pointed a thumb backwards at the mistletoe. "Where is Chukles? I saw him walk in just before me."

"Actually, that was Saint Modheart himself," Xany said with a laugh. "Something about spreading mischief. Chukles, though, I'm not sure -" She looked around as well. No sign of him. "I could have sworn I saw him come in, but I don't see him here."

TAG: Sinre, Saint, Ktala, Peng ...

7. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    IC - Saintheart

The Golden Hall

Saintheart was peering off in the direction of the front door as an aborted cheer swelled and sank in the crowd. The reason behind it became very shortly apparent. Hmm. Guy in a ski-mask ... oh, wait. That's right. ManInBlack in his usual ... inimitable ... style.

Ahhhh, why worry about it. Saint had set the pace by basically turning up in Viggo Mortensen's wardrobe from Lord of the Rings.
    "Hey! MIB!" Saintheart called across the room, cupping his hands around his mouth to improvise a megaphone. "Get over here, you new-game-spawning devil, you!"

TAG: ManInBlack!, Ktala, Xan, Peng

8. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    IC: Bravo
    The Lobby

Stomps out boots on door mate outside before he opens the door and enters into the lobby. As he closes the door behind him, he takes off his gloves, stuffs them in his winter coat, and takes off his winter coat. Idily wonders if anyone will know that he RP's mostly as Jim_Palso now a days. A greeter arrives quickly to take his coat, leaving Bravo wearing tan pants, black boots, black belt, and a green sweater over a blue t-shirt.

Taking in a breath, a warm, at home feeling smile spreads across his face. Bravo welcomes the goodness and joy of days long past as a RPer when he first started at TFN and present RPing times with the Jedi outcasts. It just felt good to be among his friends and fellow RPers.

Tag Anyone :)

9. General_BlackLegion

General_BlackLegion Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2004
    IC. General_BlackLegion
    The Lobby

BlackLegion re-read his invitation to the RPC Winter Ball. For the previous two balls, BlackLegion was absent from the JC due to various reasons. As a result, he has never been able to attend one of them. However this time, he is able to go.

Riding in the limousine, he finished adjusting his bowtie and dusted the sleeves of his black winter trench coat. Nearby, he had a gift to the host of the ball, Imperial_Hammer, on the seat and brought several bottles of Corellian Whiskey from his own collection of alcohol.

?I hope I don?t make a fool out of myself to the girls,? he mumbled, ?It?s been a while I did anything in this scale.?

As the limo went, he fiddled with his oak cane and adjusted his holowatch. He wiggled his toes in his leather shoes. Finally, he arrived at the hotel.

The Aqualish chauffeur opened the door for him and he gave several credits to the chauffeur as a tip. Holding to the bag of the gift and the Whiskeys in one hand and his cane in the other, he stepped into the hotel. He then gave his ticket to the guard at the front door, while placing his bag on the floor. Then the guard picked his bag up and handed back to him and walked into the grand splendor that he has missed for the previous two years.

?Well I am here; let?s see who I remember," he mumbled again while taking off his leather gloves after placing the bag on the ground again with his cane. After he placed his gloves in his trench coat pocket, he picked his things up.

Now settled in, he kept walking down the lobby and started to find some notable faces. He hopes to meet Imperial_Hammer, so he can thank his host and Sinrebirth, as he wants to introduce himself to the Imperial Chancellor as the new Senator from Tatooine from the SWC Senate.

Tag: Imperial_Hammer, Sinrebirth or anyone else who wants to cheer this nervous person up! :)

10. blubeast1237

blubeast1237 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 10, 2007
    IC: Blu
    -Hotel

Blu looked away from the EUChancellor and over to the swarm of new presences he saw. Straightening his tie and holding his shotgun, Blu walked over to a man he was confident in saying that he had never met before.

"Evening sir, let me introduce myself, my name is Blureguard." Introducing yourself before you asked someone who they were was only polite. "BlackLegion, correct?"

"Are you having a...ball?" Everyone loves a good word pun.

Tag: G_B

11. NickLitYouAFlame

NickLitYouAFlame Jedi Master star 5

Feb 27, 2007
    Nick
    Lobby

Nick, adorned in a simple, blue-black suit and sporting a similarly hued bowtie, took a second to greet his peers with curt nods and a few hellos. He laughed at both Sinre and B?s jokes before turning to Yettie. Nick plucked a small red piece from the procured bag and then turned the rest of the congregation.

Having worked up a mighty thirst in setting up the mistletoe (which he had set up, in fact), Nick was ready for a drink. He spoke to no one in particular, asking, ?I?m for starting the party. Would anyone like to accompany me to the lounge??

Tag: All

12. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Ktala
    The Golden Hall

Ktala pouted as Peng drew his hand back from her tray. Probably due to Xani, busy coughing like mad next to her. Ktala sighed.

"If you HAD listened, I DID point out that THIS side.." she gestured, "Was plain chocolate, while the other had liqueur in them." She made big puppy eyes. "Im NOT playing Sith. Im A wise one. Handing out gifts...."

Ktala laughed as Saint moved over to hang mistletoe. As Saint wandered over to hang a sprig of mistletoe, Peng called out, "Mind your markups, now!" "Family's great, now that I'm on my own. It's hard to believe I've spent, what, nearly four years with the RPF. A lot happens in four years! Wish I'd paid more attention to these parties back when they first started out."

Ktala smiled. "Well, you havent missed much." She blushed. "I mean, this is only the third one. And yes, we have grown to love them also!"

Just then, Sinre walked over. He bowed, lightly, to the girls, and offered a little salute to the guys, two fingers flicking up from his brow, and smiled. "Hey, guys. Have I missed much? I see Nick is hedging his bets about the kissing." He pointed a thumb backwards at the mistletoe.

Ktala laguhed, and gave a groan. He suddenly looked around. "Where is Chukles? I saw him walk in just before me."

Xany coughed lightly, rubbing her throat. That liqueur really burned. She grinned at Peng, who had noticed her splutter and opted not to go for a coin. "They're good - *cough* - though, once you get over the shock."

Saintheart was peering off in the direction of the front door as an aborted cheer swelled and sank in the crowd. "Hey! MIB!" Saintheart called across the room, cupping his hands around his mouth to improvise a megaphone. "Get over here, you new-game-spawning devil, you!"

Ktala laughed as she spun around to look at the new arrivals.

TAG: ManInBlack!, Saint, Xan, Peng

13. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Lobby

Bravo had grabbed a drink when Nick had made his comment. Quick to want to make new friends, Bravo patted the man on the shoulder. "Sure thing. We gotta do something of mischief. Maybe bring snow balls in and throw them at people." Bravo just made the comment to ry to start a good natured conversation. :p

Tag Nick

14. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    IC: Gunny

His glass only a quarter of the way full, Gunny continued on into the Lobby, where everyone was clustered. If someone stopped to talk to him, it woudl be OK; however, he was more interested in grabbing one of the Christmas cookies he had brought. Making his way over to the table, he grabbed a tree-shaped cookie and started to nibble on it, making sure to wash the crumbs down with more egg nog, the carton of which was still in his hand.

TAG: Anyone

15. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    The Lobby

Bravo raced over and dragged Gunny over to where he and Nick were standing. Bravo shrugged. "We minus well turn this lounge idea into a party."

Tag Gunny, Nick :)

16. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008

Gunny, still nibbling on his cookie, was brought over by Bravo to where Nick was standing. Bravo said something about a party, but Gunny swallowed the last little bit of egg nog in his glass. Holding up the carton a little, he said "Want some egg nog, guys?"

TAG: Bravo and Nick

17. NickLitYouAFlame

Feb 27, 2007
    Nick
    Lobby

Nick pointed at Bravo and nodded. He said, ?My thoughts exactly. I?m Nick, and damn glad to meet you, sir.? Nick clapped Guns on the back and lead him towards the lounge area. As he walked, he extended his hand to Bravo to shake. With his arm still outstretched he said to Guns, "We are getting some drinks, actually, Gunny, my boy. We can flavor you 'nog while we're at it, if you were so inclined."

Tag: Bravo, Gunny

18. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008

Gunny nodded; he needed something other than egg nog to drink. Following the other two to the bar, he sat down at the counter in the exact same seat he had vacated several minutes before. Thinking, he placed the carton down on the counter and then asked the bartender to give him a drink. As he waited, he looked at his surroundings; the bar was lavishly decorated, and it sparkled in all possible places. Quite the decorator he thought.

TAG: Bravo and Nick

19. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Lounge

As Barvo sat down with his new found buds, he said, "Pleasure to meet you guys," Bravo tatsed some of the eggnog in a glass and slided the carton and a glass Nick's way. "Not bad. Long time since I had had egg nog."

Tag boys :)

20. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008

Pleasure to meet you guys Bravo said after taking a drink of the egg nog. Not bad. Long time since I've had egg nog. "Nice to meet you as well," Gunny said. "So, Nick, Bravo, how've you been doing?" he asked. He wasn't in the mood to get another drink at this time; he was looking for a good conversation.

TAG: Boys

21. NickLitYouAFlame

Feb 27, 2007
    Nick
    Lobby

Nick poured from the carton into his glass. He took a sip and cringed. Nick knocked it back and shivered. He set the empty glass on the bar and said, quietly, ?Not my thing.?

Nick raised his hand, to get the bartender?s attention and said, loudly, now, ?Give me a glass of scotch.? (Don?t worry, I?m decreeing that underage drinking is acceptable for this occasion.) The tender uncorked a bottle and poured it into a new glass. Then, he grabbed the used crystal wear and rinsed it out.

Nick took a sip of his new drink and grinned at the burning it left in his throat. He stated, ?Now that?s a drink.?

Tag: Bravo and Guns

22. Chukles38

Chukles38 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 10, 2005
    IC: Chukles
    Conservatory of Casper

Chukles didn't know how long he had been sitting there. It felt like hours, or days, or years. Time lost meaning as he gazed up at the stars. In actuality it could not have been more than twenty minutes. His breath came slowly. He was calm now, the anxiety and nerves now subsiding. He let his eyes wander over the constellations above his head with no particular pattern in mind. He took in a deep breath, and with a smile realized his birthday was almost a week away. Strange that he would be at this party when that occurred.

The air in the conservatory was chilly, but Chukles didn't mind. It was calming, and he needed calming. He let his eyes fall from the sky. He once more took in the decorations. This was a party. What was he doing sitting out here? Oh, right, he was like this in social situations. It aggravated him, to be honest. He would always lock up and run and hide. With a great sigh, Chuckles realized he was jsut pathetically shy. What he needed was someone here with him to cling to... someone to make it okay. Maybe........ he smiled, as he reached for his phone and dialed a number.

TAG: Any

23. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    IC: Darth Ramza
    Balthasar Gardens

After finishing a rather pleasant chat with BobaMatt, Ramza had slowly meandered his way through the lounge, and past the bar, out to the gardens. He was amused at the simple wonders nature provided, found the fountain's easily modeled spouts of water intriguing, and spent more than a few minutes admiring the carefully plot astronomical chart on the floor. He sipped slightly at the tube he had extended from beneath his collar. Wearing a stillsuit to a Christmas Party seemed like a bit of overkill, but Ramza had had one of his friends from engineering outfit it with special pockets that circulated the spice melange into his drinking supply. It was a bit like a less painful version of an IV drip.

He took a seat on a nearby bench, contently gazing skyward. This was the life.

[b]TAG: Any[/b]

24. General_BlackLegion

General_BlackLegion Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2004
    IC: General_BlackLegion
    The Lobby

"Evening sir, let me introduce myself, my name is Blureguard. BlackLegion, correct?"
    "Are you having a...ball?"

BlackLegion placed his bag on the lobby table and shook Blureguard?s hand.

?Nice to meet you Blureguard and of course I am having a ball! Ha-ha!? he laughed, ?Sorry if I don?t talk much, this is the first time I went to such parties, so I?m a bit nervous.?

He then went and grabbed a bottle of Corellian Whiskey from the bag and two empty crystal glasses off the lobby table. Then he took from the pocket of his trench coat and grabbed a cork opener. He then popped the cork off the bottle and poured the Whiskey into the glasses. He handed one to Blureguard, ?Care for a drink??

Tag: Blu, I_H, Sinre, or anyone else :)

25. Imperial_Hammer

Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 25, 2004
    IC: Imperial_Hammer

My how the crowd grows! Imperial_Hammer had just finished taking a chocolate from Ktala when everyone who was anyone started flowing in. He could see some long forgotten faces, like Bravo, and some very new faces such as MiB and YT. And then the circle of aces he now stood with. Ktala, Xan, Sinre, Saint, Peng. All top notch

He shook hands and greeted them all each in turn. He always got a tidal wave of people wanting to talk to him at the beginning of the Ball. Hammer appreciated because he was a big fan of protocol, but he felt sadly did injustice to each of them. There was more canned greetings than actual meaningful hellos.

"If you'll excuse me" he said with a smile as he ducked out of the group. "Duty calls."

The man weaved his way through a busy hall, greeting guests, until he got to the band-stand. Hammer grabbed a mic and tapped on it. The sound came resonating through.

Hello, yes hello. Hello everyone...

The hall, for the most part, quieted.

Real quick, I just wanted to thank you all for coming to this Ball. Its good to come together as a Community and celebrate the holidays, and I hope you all will have a good time. We have stuff goin' on throughout the evening, so stay a while. I hope to be able to get a bit of time with each of you, so look for me and remember to have fun. And now, your music for the evening..."

He handed the mic over to the bandleader, and the group went into a lively rendition of Jingle Bell Rock. Hammer had learned last year that his preferred classical/instrumental songs were usually changed. So this year, he would lead with a more contemporary start.

Hammer discretely slunk into the lobby, bumping into General_Blacklegion, Nicklityouaflame, and Blubeast.

"Ah hello gentlemen!" he said, approaching. "So nice of you to come on by. Legion, how happy to finally have you around here! Nick, looking very stylish my friend, very snappy indeed! And you Mr. Blu, always a style of your own. Very unique to be sure!"

I_H noticed the empty glasses.

"You alls should head over to the Villaro Bar. I assure you they have a bigger variety of both drinks and of food. This lobby has more just finger foods really. I am heading in that direction, you want to join me?"

He smiled friendly at the group.

TAG: ALL

[color=darkred][hl=green][b][u]*** Hotel GFM ***[/u][/b][/hl][/color]

[b]Lobby:[/b] A mini-bar had been set up with small little snacks and treats. A doorman has taken up his position to help people in and out.

[b]The Golden Hall:[/b] The band has begun playing Jingle Bell rock, and will continue with other upbeat Christmas songs until requested otherwise.

[b]Melchior's Lounge:[/b] A butler has set down a gingerbread house and a glass of chilled cider. The fireplace here has been lit.

[b]The Villaro Bar:[/b] The smells of a small feast drift out from the kitchen. Hams, potatoes, vegetables, pies, and the like are all being finished. Outside, the bartender has all sorts of drinks ready, and a tray of custom candy-canes and gingerbread men have been placed out of people to enjoy

[b]Balthasar Gardens:[/b] The fountain's waters trickle serenely as a whisper soft breeze stirs the air. Two doves have taken a rest in one of the trees and their coos can be heard.

[b]Conservatory of Caspar:[/b] A lone violinist has wandered into the Conservatory and has started playing gentle classical tunes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.