main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RPR Archive The RPF Community Council

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource Archive' started by NaboosPrincess, Dec 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Yay! The Resource Forum

But shouldn't this forum get a "new forum party" thread, too?

2. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    Awesome!

Only if I could see the banner! :(

3. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    Server issues are a pain in the butt. :( But, it's a cool banner!

4. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    Indeed they are...

I can't wait to see it!

With the RPF Awards approaching soon, I believe we should begin discussion on them, because I have a question. If you win, say, best GM or RPer in one, can you win the same in the other? Or best game?

5. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I saw the banner before it went down.

It has Link! that's a winner in my book.

On the Awards, are there going to be SW awards and non-SW awards? Or just RPF awards?

6. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    I thought I had read that there would be two, one for each forum...I could have read wrong.

Link is definately good! :D

7. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    We won't be discussing the Awards this time around because LSA and I already have the post ready to go for the upcoming season. It will mostly be the same as it has always been, but if you win in one forum, you can't win in the other. This is consistent with previous rules with regards to winning both GM and RPer (we don't give out double VIPship.)

8. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    *blinks*

So this thread has moved too. Now I'll never be able to find it, because I relied on the colors to find it in the RPF.

Hm. So what's this, then, the RPR?

9. Dubya_Scott

Dubya_Scott Jedi Master star 5

Jun 11, 2002
    Alright. The Resource Forum is up. And it looks pretty good. :)

10. milney

milney Jedi Master star 5

Aug 21, 2003
    Off Topic: I saw the banner a few weeks ago after NP was gracious enough to let me into the forum to test the news adoptions thread before posting the final version.

On Topic: RPF Adoptions v2.0 is almsot ready to rock and roll.

I've got a few last tweaks to make to a new section in the thread, then it'll be bigger and better than ever! :D

11. Detonating-Rabbit

Detonating-Rabbit Jedi Knight star 5

May 23, 2003
    Awesome news, milney, and the banner is impressive. Most impressive. :D

12. Imperial_Hammer

Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 25, 2004
    Yes, a good job by everyone involved...

I am quite anxious to see what this Council will be assigned to tackle next, now that all the threads that could be up are up...

Should be most interesting.... :)

-I_H

13. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    A very nice banner. I seen it earlier this morning! :)

14. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    I haven't been able to see it yet. Fragging tech issues. [face_frustrated]

15. Kalio_Dynkos

Kalio_Dynkos Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 17, 2004
    *Pops open a bottle of champagne*

Wonderful! The resource forum! I can see already that this will be one of my favorite places to be found in. Great job, LS_A and NP for getting this up so quickly and for making it look so good.

I did happen to see the banner once today. It was the first banner that worked for me in the past week, but then after I left everything went back to being as it was before - blue and blank.

I, too, look forward to our next task now that the forums are up. I ready for work!

16. Livi-Wan

Livi-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    The new forum's up! Awesometastic!

What a treat to come back to after being in Berlin for two days. As Han Solo said, 'I'm out of it for a little while and everyone gets delusions of grandeur...' :p

Now, if only I could see the banner...

17. Dark-Enigma

Dark-Enigma Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 8, 2006
    The banner looks very nice, and the stylesheet is excellent. Who made this excellent combination?

18. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    Oh, there's the banner. What? No Star Wars elements in it?

19. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    Hmmm...yeah, why is there not any Star Wars in the banner? :confused:

So, what is next in line for discussion?

20. LightWarden

LightWarden Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 11, 2001
    Rule revision? As they are, we're not really paying much attention to many of the current rules/they no longer apply.

21. LightSide_Apprentice

LightSide_Apprentice Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 22, 2001
    NEXT DICUSSION TOPIC: RPF RULES

Since it has been requested, and since I've rather had an interest in the matter personally, I'm open for any and all discussion concerning the present RPF Rules. What's on your mind? Do you feel them too broad, too narrow? Are there too many rules, not enough?

Whatever your questions or concerns are, now's the time to raise them. We're all members of the same community, so we might as well all be involved in shaping that very community. Feel free to speak your mind. I only ask that you remain on topic. Perhaps one forum at a time, though it doesn't bother me if you'd prefer tackling all three simultaneously :)

22. LightWarden

LightWarden Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 11, 2001
    Well, you're probably going to have to re-evaluate the "One RPG per franchise" and "Two RPGs per genre" thing. And then there's that issue where two people came up with a very similar game idea.

I think I had some other things to mention, but I'm somewhat tired. And busy for the next few days. If I remember anything else, I'll try posting.

Ooo, right, I remember one of them. You guys somehow managed to ban heterosexual allusions in the NSWRPF. Was that intentional?

And that thing about limiting use of characters seems very unusual for an RPF. Do you guys have problems with people bogarting the wizards or something? I'm pretty sure I've seen people playing similar archetypal characters in different RPGs, so I don't think it's too much of a "I AM THE LAW THING" more of a "Out of respect for your fellow RPers, please share."

I'm also somewhat confused by the profanity laws.

23. Imperial_Hammer

Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 25, 2004
    After that, I put the Resource Rules on the Docket....

LSA and I have already been talking about it, so he knows what I am barking at... :p

But I shall refrain until we get the NSWRPF rules straightened out!

My feelings: Although the rules about characters and generas seem pretty shady, I haven't really seen any real problems with it in practice...

Whether this will remain the case is debatable...

Has anyone really ran into real troubles with it?

-I_H

24. LightSide_Apprentice

LightSide_Apprentice Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 22, 2001
    I don't see any real issue with our present one thread or game per franchise rule. It's not entirely limiting ;) We already have two Lord of the Rings games running, as a good example of the flexibility of this rule. There are obvious opportunities to allow for exceptions :) The purpose here is simply to ensure we don't get a bunch of RPGs all based on the one theme or story. If you feel that even this is still too restrictive then we might require an in depth discussion in which I'd be willing to debate the point much more thoroughly ;) Assuming, of course, this feeling is shared by a great many people and not just a few.

There is no obvious rule in place for preventing a player from blatantly copying another person's game. I do not see it as necessary and would consider it common sense and a courtesy of respect not to attempt to snatch someone else's idea(s). This issue is probably something that a Moderator will deal with on a case by case basis. You're certainly welcome to bring any such instances to our attention if you feel we may have overlooked them :)

Any sexual allusions should be kept to a minimum, regardless of whether they are between opposite or common genders. These forums are open to a general audience, so we have young teenagers and even older ones, and adults, who don't find it appropriate to visit a place that details any explicit scenes. It's not that hard, really :p If you're struggling, drop me a PM and I'll clarify the way it works for you ;)

Concerning the use of certain characters, I am surprised it's been raised in here. Are we just nit-picking or is it an actual concern? I don't recall either NaoboosPrincess or myself making a habit of restricting people's freedom for character choice :p For argument's sake, I'll quote a segment of the rule to remind us all.

In the interests of fairness, pre-existing characters may be used, but players are encouraged to use one character class or type per scenario.

Fairness. Encouraged. Need I say more? :p It isn't at all a "I am the law thing" but rather a respect thing. You have probably guessed as much yourself, so I appreciate your seeking clarification, in any case :)

Last, but certainly not least, what, precisely, is confusing about the profanity laws? There are some words you are allowed to use and some that you are not :p I am not sure that I can be any clearer, especially when the links that have been provided list, for all to see, the specific words concerned :p ;)

25. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    How is using more than "one character class or type per scenario" disrespectful?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.