main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Skywalker Prophecy - Episode V: Hope and Darkness (OT AU; H/L, L/M, A/P, OCs): COMPLETED

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Darth_Lex, Aug 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    Just giving this a bump to the top as the sequel has started. Looking forward to more of Lex's great work. :)

2. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    Just managed to finish reading Hope and Darkness (school is a big pain in the butt when you're trying to play catch up [face_plain] ) and as usual I loved it.

Each scene was well-crafted to the point of making me green with jealousy ;) and I felt very much a part of the story. I can't tell you how syked I was when Bryon and Sarré got married, or when she discovered she was pregnant [face_love] but I will admit you had me a bit worried when you had Bryon get shot and nearly die [face_plain] Poor Mara :( You've got me a bit scared here- is she going to end up turning to the Dark Side? [face_shocked] I mean, the way she was talking about Anakin...and Luke...and the Council...Not a very good sign in my book. I also hope Luke wakes up and realizes that not acknowledging his feelings for Mara isn't going to "protect" her. :p

Right now, I have to say that one of my favorite characters right now is Danaé. :p I really hope that she does manage to find the same type of love in her life as the rest of her family has :D I felt so bad for her when she had to kill her former master :mad: Stupid sithin' Sith lords :mad:

I absolutely love the way you've written Padmé and Anakin together [face_love] They're so sweet (alot like Bryon and Sarré, but almost...I don't know. I like them better). I think that I might be liking your version better than the movies [face_shocked]

Anyways, I'm going to go move along to The Paths of Fate (and maybe I'll play catch-up A Bumpier Road seeing how I love the way you wrote Anakin and Padmé here :p [face_love] ).

Great job!

~LtJS

3. skywalker4life

skywalker4life Jedi Youngling star 1

May 14, 2004
    I just finished reading Hope and Darkness, and let me just say...

IT WAS AWESOME!!!

Honestly, it was really good and truly deserved all those awards it won for the Winter Fan Fiction Awards.

I'm really looking forward to The Paths of Fate.

Keep up the good work, Lex.

skywalker4life

4. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    DANA28: :D
    anakin_girl: Thanks.
    Lt_Jaina_Solo: Thanks for all the great comments! [face_blush] I can't tell you how syked I was when Bryon and Sarré got married, or when she discovered she was pregnant but I will admit you had me a bit worried when you had Bryon get shot and nearly die Yeah, I really did put those two through the wringer in this episode, didn?t I? :( Right now, I have to say that one of my favorite characters right now is Danaé. Yay! :) I know Bryon has a lot of fans, so I always feel bad for Danaé because I feel like she sometimes gets the short end of the stick. So thanks for letting me know you like her character too. :cool: I absolutely love the way you've written Padmé and Anakin together What can I say? I just love writing those two. [face_love]
    skywalker4life: Thanks! :D I?m glad you enjoyed the story so much. ;)

Thanks again to all my HAD readers! :D

5. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002
    Huff?huff?huff?puff?

Whew! Here I am with another wonderful Darth_Lex novel completed!

My plans had been to finish Hope and Darkness before the weekend, but you know how it is when DRL rears his ugly head.

In any case, onto the story?

Boy, you started with a bang! Shades of AotC with Byron and Sarre?s wedding. Lovely and romantic. It seemed very in character with Byron to prefer a secret wedding to one with a lot of pomp and pageantry. Still?I did sort of hope for a make up wedding later on. Still, with a war raging throughout the galaxy, I guess it wouldn?t look too good if there was a full scale celebration in the midst of others? suffering. * shrugs * Just wishful thinking from the feminine side of me?

I did like finding out about Sarre?s pregnancy, though. A very interesting twist on how they circumvented their birth control?although as the mother of one screaming savage, I think at some point it would be fair if the young Skywalkers were all warned to be careful what they wish for? :p

Anyway, I?m glad you gave Han and Leia a little romantic time together. I like how she still struggled with her feelings for Han vs Jarren at the end. Very Leia-ish that she would start second guessing herself and having doubts. Also very Leia-ish that she?d tell Luke to take a hike when she wanted to go rescue Han. :p

And how clever that you got Boba Fett to kidnap Han to Jabba but for a different reason. Really, the way you?ve been able to incorporate all these parallels to the canon in your story is just wonderful. It?s so much fun to see these tidbits from the PT and OT pop up throughout your stories.

It was a wee bit of a shock when you killed off two Chancellors so quickly, although it would go in line with how horrible Argis and his henchmen are. I almost stood up and applauded, though, when Sabe got elected as Chancellor Regent * grins * All that legal mumbo jumbo! Just what I?d expect from a lawyer! And later when Padme invoked the Regal Perogative and presented herself as a candidate for Chancellor? WOW, my jaw dropped. (As an aside, I must say, it was really evil of you to string the reader along for so long to find out just what Padme was doing when she invoked that Regal Perogative. I mean, I got to read it all in on sitting because I foolishly missed the train the first time around, but don?t you think that was cruel and unusual punishment?)

The whole action sequence with the fighting on Gimma3 was beautifully done. I was amazed with how intricately and perfectly you coordinated the action so that each person faced his/her demons during the battle.

Luke/Danae?those two really surprised me. From the way the story was set up in ADR, I really expected Danae to be the one to fall to the Dark Side, not Luke. Somehow, in HOD, Danae?s personality seems more like Luke of the canon to me. You did a really good job transitioning her from a self-doubting girl to someone confident enough to do her duty and prove herself a true Jedi Knight. Bravo!

As for Luke, he?s really proving himself more and more of Anakin?s son in this story, isn?t he? When he faced Delicti and she kept taunting him, I kept telling myself, ?Oh no?he?s gonna lose his hand?? and sure enough?although it would have been a disappointment if he hadn?t. Now, I?m really wondering about Luke, and how he?s going to face his demons. He really seems to have a lot to overcome. [face_worried]

Anakin ? I know he turned Dark and how this is supposed to be tragic, but the reasoning you gave for him to turn was very?reasonable. After all, all four of his children were being targeted. He may be the Chosen One, but he?s also human. No matter how hard a man strives to throw off temptation, he?s still only an imperfect mortal. It was sad and painful to read how he turned Dark, but I think under the circumstances, it?s completely understandable. I?m so glad Padme forgave him before the end.

And lastly, Mara?at first, when I kept reading how furious she was with Anakin and how unforgiving, I kept thinking that it was a very harsh reaction, but t

6. bladex2

bladex2 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Really good story :D

7. green_eyes

green_eyes Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 20, 2004
    I just finished a marathon reading of A Bumpier Road and Hope and Darkness. All I can say is AWESOME!

I loved so many things about it, that I couldn't possibly list them all. But I am definitely a Bryon Skywalker fan. Woohoo! He is tooooo sexy!

I'm off to read the next part!

Please send the PM"s from these stories as soon as you get a chance.

*green_eyes*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.