main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive ~The Star Wars 4: Riot of Passage~

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Rabai, Jul 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Detonating-Rabbit

Detonating-Rabbit Jedi Knight star 5

May 23, 2003
    OOC: It looks like we'll be back online by Wednesday. I'm a little bit of the way through what I want to post (I have done a post for Sherrik, but that is all...) so I will have to finish that off come Wednesday. I work all of tomorrow, so I can't do anything until then... :p

2. Detonating-Rabbit

May 23, 2003
    IC: Pari Kotav ? 396 credits. Eriadu, Eriadu City, Port District, Eriadu Spaceport, Bay 49116.
    Inventory: 1 comlink, 1 SE-14C blaster pistol, 1 bandolier of slug clips, 1 duffel bag containing (1 short-range mechanical toxin sling, 5 biothetic sedative slugs), 3 datacards, 1 identichip.

With the trio of Bothans approaching his cargo airspeeder, Pari Kotav could have done many things. First and foremost, however, the Gotal reached across for his sidearm, an archaic-looking SE-14C blaster pistol, which was resting on the passenger seat besides him. Automatically recalling what that Ord Mantellian agent had said to him about not killing anyone ? that seemed so long ago, now ? he wondered whether or not he could get away with just stunning the Bothans, and then hightailing his airspeeder out of the docking bay.

With a sickening sensation growing in his gut, Pari frowned as he attempted to locate the switch on the side of the blaster pistol. The weapon, as he suspected, was set to kill, but when Pari glanced across the messy scrawl beneath the ?kill? setting ? the one usually reserved for ?stun? ? all the Gotal could locate were the words ?Really Kill.?

I find it oddly typical that I should be unlucky enough to pick up a modified blaster, as opposed to just a standard one?

Sighing, the Gotal rationally opted for his second and final option: retreat. Pari knew that he could have blasted the Bothans before they even had a bead on him, but his conscience had reached another conclusion: killing was bad.

And besides, it will do my reputation little good, especially when I?m trying to keep a low profile.

By the time the Gotal had reached this conclusion, however, the three Bothans had split; the Bothan Pari recognized as Captain Keu?nar was approaching the pilot?s door, while the other two had rounded the front of the vehicle. One of the armed guards stopped at the front, while the other continued towards the passenger door. Pari didn?t even want to guess where that Commodore character had gotten to?

He swallowed, his nerves already shot. The Gotal simply could not handle too much more of this.

Gunning the airspeeder?s engines, and kicking up a grey cloud of dust around the vehicle ? a rolling haze that instantly engulfed all three of the nearby Bothans ? Pari brought the boxy, snub-nosed vehicle into a steep ascent. Almost ten metres above the ground, and now above the miasma of volatile dust, Pari realized with some irritation that Captain Keu?nar was clinging to the pilot?s door with a petrified expression cast across his cream-furred face.

Pari sighed. I must be cursed?

He swung the airspeeder about, then accelerated, the nose of the vehicle aiming dangerously towards the ferrocrete floor of the landing bay. As the airspeeder descended, Keu?nar began glancing rapidly between Pari and the swiftly approaching ground.

The Bothan saved Pari the trouble by letting go, and plummeting the final metres towards the landing bay floor. This move allowed Pari to wrench the control stick back towards himself, throwing the whining airspeeder into a steep climb that enabled her to narrowly miss colliding with the landing bay wall.

Accelerating once more, Pari shot over dozens of landing bays, before finally emerging high above the slow-moving crowd of pedestrians mulling across the ?Barter Concourse? below. The Gotal leveled out, decreasing the speed of the airspeeder while he tried to figure out what to do next.

A crimson laser bolt seemed to materialize from nowhere, flashing past the port side of the airspeeder?s enclosed cockpit.

What?

Another shot past the starboard side, dissipating towards the distance.

I should be so lucky?, Pari thought glumly, shoving the control stick forwards and throwing the airspeeder into a punishing dive towards the unsuspecting crowd below. With the approach as rapid as it was, Pari had to level out sooner than expected, with only a few metres between the airspeeder?s scuffed fuselage, and th

3. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    IC - Tiafe
    Eriadu - The Kalahaan District
    Credits: 0 Inventory: None

Tiafe had quickly gained the attention of the bartender, ordering a number of tasty items on the menu, and a drink for his new friend. Taking up a seat near the fire, he digged in.

"I haven't eaten this much," he said between mouth fulls, "Since that time I had dinner with the Chief Engineer's wife..."

He gulped down, nearly chocking, when he realised what he said. "Oh," he grinned, "Long story. Anyway, to business."

He cleaned the oily mess off his hands as he spoke. "If you haven't already noticed, I'm not really dressed for any particular occasion. In fact, I don't have anything on me at all. Not even a coin to spare. If you could help me in that regard ... perhaps some new clothes or a place to sleep ... you can be guaranteed that I will help you with whatever you require. I can get in touch with a few well known faces, let's just say I have the knack," he winked, "They should be more then useful for gaining information on any Jedi that live in these parts. More so, the underground is a far better place to find anyone then going to the authorities."

tag: Abiha! ... sorry for the delay!

4. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    OOC: I'm tired of excuses, I just hope I get a post in before I leave for around two weeks. Sorry people. [face_blush]

5. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    OOC: Well, this will be a test of faith. :p Having (now) 6 visitors at my house which I didn't know would be here at this time has caused new, and unknown, obstacles for my online time to arise as you could imagine. My mind just hasn't been on RPG writing, I'm afraid.

I am leaving tomorrow for 10 days, and when I come back I will come back in full. ;) Here's to the middle of January and the revival of this brilliant game!! *cheers*

But please, I am sorry for my absence, but by all means you all can continue if you're around. :D Peace.

6. Detonating-Rabbit

May 23, 2003
    OOC: Rubs sleep from eyes...Are we all around?

7. YoungAngus

YoungAngus Jedi Master star 5

May 7, 2005
    OOC-I'm here, I just havnt had time/inspiration to post. Ill get something up soon.

8. slumvillage

slumvillage Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 16, 2005
    OOC: Just got my new computer set up. I'm here. Eh, I don't think tonight is a good night for posting up anything intellegent. Still recovering from last night. Holla!

9. DarthReven

DarthReven Jedi Youngling

May 8, 2005
    OOC: I'm here, but on Firday i leave for like 3-4 days...

10. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Daria - Eriadu City, Port District, 'The Park?

Daria walked, a thin smile grew on her lips. She was close to finally completeing the last part of her 'job', and finally leaving this miserable hole of a planet. As tempting as it might be not to, she would however pay off the alien who had helped her. She still had to purchase her ticket, and leave. She yanked her cap down on her head, as she walked, looking out from her visors.

Before she made her way to the park, she had a small stop to make. She stopped at a vendor, who sold electronics. She purchased two small blank data cylinders, a blank chip, and another datapad.

She left his store then, and made her way towards the bar, on the way to the park. She stepped inside the 'freshners for a few moments, and entered a few descrete codes. A few moments later, she came out, much refreshed indeed. She didnt stay long however, as she had no wish to run into any other 'informats' that might be running around. She needed to move quickly.

She made her way to the park, and took a seat on the bench she had met the alien eariler, one hand hidden on her blaster, the other holding a chip. As she waited, she imagined the other half of her plan going into action.

It was hard not to enjoy such dark thoughts, as she sat, waiting with slumped shoulders as she did.

Tag: Deto, any who wish to play... ;)

OOC: Sorry for the wait..My modem had died.

11. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    OOC: I'm currently awaiting a response from my young apprentice before I can post again. Unless someone wishes to tag?

12. Detonating-Rabbit

May 23, 2003
    GM Notice

I honestly don't know what to do, because something - something - has changed. I might be burned out, or maybe I've lost my edge on control, but I do not feel that I can adequately manage The Star Wars 4 at this stage. As co-GM, when Sai was our GM, the work load was incredibly heavy; but, with that said, he and I were able (geographically and socially) to meet up and organise the future plot twists and turns of this wonderful RPG. Now, however, with him gone, I don't feel as though I can handle the incredibly complex nature of the plot-line we established without an incredible amount of time and effort from my own co-GMs.

But I'm not going to ask that of Tyi and slumvillage; it would be unfair of me to ask of them what I expected, and received, from the GM at the time. That is not to say that I don't think that they could handle it, just that I don't think I could support them in their duties.

The Star Wars 4 has, I think, always been a difficult rpg to control. What Sai has achieved here with respect to the stylistic conventions of the rpg, something I planned and attempted to promote throughout my time writing with you, has been for the most part successful. It was an absolute privilege to write with, and alongside, him within this rpg; I have learned much that I believe will assist me with my own writing in the future. He is, as I have always believed, an excellent and talented writer.

But I just don't feel that I can successfully manage this rpg, and it would be unfair of (and on) me if I tried to continue. I apologise profusely to those who I have enjoyed so much writing with, and to my co-GMs. It is with much sadness that I am writing this, because I have so thoroughly enjoyed roleplaying in this game with all of you. You all have such great talent - whether you're new or experienced at this - and it has been an absolute pleasure to write with all of you.

It would be sad to see this go; it has been a long time running, and I continue to believe that there is much left that can be done. I give this to my co-GMs to manage; Sai and I both believe that they are both most capable.

This will mark the end of my writing here. It would appear somewhat hypocritical of me to suddenly start a new thread, or to join any others. Anyway, as many of you know, this was the only game I participated in, because I solely wanted to focus on the unfolding story within The Star Wars 4.

Again, I apologise to everyone I have let down. This was not how it was meant to be. I'm sorry.

Peace.

13. YoungAngus

YoungAngus Jedi Master star 5

May 7, 2005
    OOC-Im sad to see you go. I cant help but blame myself partly for the dropoff of activity here, I apologize for that. Deto you were a wonderful RP'er and GM. You were a great asset to this game and I am sad for you to be leaving.

14. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    *Sob!*
    Another one bites the dust.

Sorry to see you go!! I have enjoyed gaming with you.

And I do hope this game dosent die out yet. I have been enjoying the heck outta it!...but the way we keep losing GM's I dunno.

Take care.

15. AbihaVast

AbihaVast Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 5, 2005
    IC: Abiha Vast
    Credits: 100

Abiha chuckled at the strangely mannered man. "Well, I am afraid I'm about in the same posistion as you." She paused, "Though I may be a little more stable financailly."

She sighed and thought about the situation for a moment. "If you would like though, you may travel with me. Though I do think, If I cannot find a Jedi here, I will have to find a way off this planet."

She fiddled with her credits, trying to find the propper amount for the waiter.

Tag: Kartanym... how do I know how many credits I've spent on the measl?:confused:

16. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    OOC: Just make it up for the time being, Abiha :)

Deto, I'm sad to hear the news. Having a little experience in GM'ing myself, I now how hard it is to keep a game running. That being said, I'd like to put my hand up and volunteer to help where needed to keep this game running strong. I'd also like to suggest to Deto that you keep playing on in some capacity. To lose your skills completly from the RP arena would be a real shame, and I think we all agree on that :)

IC - Tiafe
    Eriadu - The Kalahaan District
    Credits: 0 Inventory: None

Tiafe smiled. It had been a while since he'd drifted in the deep calm of space. The thought of doing that again raised his spirits, but a more important task was at hand.

"I shall do all that I can to help you, friend. Even if it means leaving here. Though to be honest ... I wouldn't mind that anyway," he grinned, "Now, can I suggest you get some rest. The darkness isn't the best time to go hunting in the Underground. I'm sure there's a few beds free here."

tag: Abiha

17. DarthReven

DarthReven Jedi Youngling

May 8, 2005
    OOC: Well, i'm sorry that you had to leave, Deto. You were able to keep SW4 up and running in a spectacular way, you dont know how much i thank you for that. Well, where do we go now? We'll need a new GM, i gues Ti and Slum might take it, as our Sub-GMs... We should try to improvise something atleast...

It was fun playing with you, Deto. I hope you will come back to grace the RP forums soon again...

18. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    OOC: Ummm. Question for our Co-GM's...

Since Deto chracter was about to contact my chracter, should I now run him as an NPC?

*SIGH*..i hate this...
    talking to myself once again...

19. slumvillage

slumvillage Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 16, 2005
    OOC: It's sad to see Deto leave. He was truly the driven force behind The Star Wars 4 after Sai was no long able to GM for us. The Star Wars 4 is truly a GM killer. Rabai, Sai and now Deto. That is a little joke as I have respect for Sai and Deto. Rabai I didn't know that well as he was only here for a little while but he seemed like a good guy. He was the one who started it all.

I wish everyone to stay with the game. I am talking to Deto about where he wanted to take the game, aswell as Sai. So it might be a little while before we get going again. Especially with Tyi out for at least another weak. This will be my first time GMing but I have gained a lot of knowledge about how to run this game in particular from both listening and watching Sai and Deto.

Please bear with me now as this was very unexpected. I am glad that the holiday season is over so I'll be able to have some more time to work on SW4. I am certain when Tyi get's back we can get this up and running.

I will be in contact with all of you shortly. Not tonight but by tommarrow you will have a PM in your box from me. If you don't mind. :)

peace.

20. Detonating-Rabbit

May 23, 2003
    Quasi-GM Message

To everyone who is involved and waiting patiently to find out what is happening, I feel that I owe you a more detailed explanation as to what has been happening. As all of you know by now - some better than me, because you have seen this game through from its onset - the SW4 is a very complex game, with an equally intricate plot line. Since my joining, I have watched (and been closely involved in) the development of this rpg's multiple story arcs, a process that has been truly rewarding and educative. Now, I take my writing - within and outside of the SW4 - as very serious, and this is perhaps why I have only involved myself in this one rpg. Paramount to this initial decision is the fact that I wanted to focus on my own characters, a task that has become increasingly difficult.

But perhaps I have become my own worst enemy. My initial aims and goals, before and during my role as Co-GM, were to focus in tandem on character and plot development, keeping in mind everything that Sai and I tried to encourage with everyone's writing. However, as time progressed, I (mainly) made the plot too complex. This would have been fine, and equally supported, had Sai remained with us; I could cope with him being in charge, with myself working quietly in the background with my own NPCs to tweak the story arcs.

However, when Sai departed, I realised that I would have to try and continue both his and my own side of managing the continuation of the SW4. This was slightly unnerving. I have tried to do that, and GM in the best way possible (I thank everyone for their kind words, and I apologise again to those I have let down :( ) that was fitting for the rpg that I enjoy so dearly. I had big shoes to fill; I've always had the utmost respect for Sai, his writing and his GMing ability, and I've never felt that I have done an adequate job at that.

That is partly why I feel lacking in control. Secondly is that I have a bad case of writer's block, which has destroyed pretty much all motivation that I've had for so long now. I don't know where it came from, but I cannot - I feel - let everyone here down by trying to GM inadequately. It would be unfair on you, and I wouldn't feel any better for it.

This is no-one's fault. Not anyone's. It's natural for things to be quiet during the Christmas period, and for people not to write (for whatever reason). As I have said before, it has been an absolute pleasure writing with all of you, and I have enjoyed this immensely. I want to still be the GM, to lead the story into the future...

But if this is to be the case, then I definitely need to get my head around a few things. Who knows, perhaps the writer's block will lift very soon. But until it does, who knows?

And Ktala, I owe it to you to at least write Sherrik for a bit, so I will do that. Just not today; probably tomorrow. :)

I ask you to all have patience (yes, some more...) as we try to figure out exactly what is happening. I'm very sorry...

Edit: With all this said, Slumvillage (while Tyi is absent) will remain in position as Co-GM. I will stick around as GM, at least until Tyi gets back, or maybe this will clear and I will remain. If you all will have me. :)
    God, what a nightmare...but it should all work itself out. After all, SW4 must continue...

21. AbihaVast

AbihaVast Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 5, 2005
    IC: Abiha Vast
    Credits: 50

Abiha smiled and nodded,she walked to owner of the facility, and handed over the credits for the meal, and two bedrooms. "I bought rooms for the night." She smiled, "I'll see you in the morning." With that she waved and was off to bed.

Tag: Kartanym

22. Detonating-Rabbit

May 23, 2003
    OOC: Let's see how this works out... [face_worried]

[b]IC: Sherrik Kae'Ho - Eriadu City, Port District, Ishili Estate Preservation, Port District[/b]

With the temperature rising - seeming to strangely parallel the pollution levels of Eriadu City - Sherrik Kae'Ho could do little but attempt to breathe in as little of the foul tasting, warm air as possible. It seemed to swirl before the snappily-dressed Balosar as he approached the well groomed Ishili Estate Preservation, a sole hiatus of greenery nestled amongst the tall and dull ferrocrete surroundings of Eriadu City's Port District. This very location was where Sherrik had met the human female only the day before.

[i]Eh...an' now she wants to meet me up here again, hey? Well...stay on your toes, methinks.[/i] Sherrik glanced around as he entered the far side of the almost alien park. It would have made sense for the human to want to meet him where they had met yesterday, and so the Balosar information broker ambled slowly in the direction of the bench he had first spotted her. [i]Le's jus' hope she has nothing up her sleave,[/i] he thought with some trepidation. [i]Somethin' about her I don't trust...[/i]

The Balosar shoved his hands into the deep pockets of his crimson overcoat, absent-mindedly twirling a pair of deathsticks between his fingers. Sherrik hoped for there to be no trouble; he had had almost a gutful of this miserable planet already, and had survived for many months so far. It would be a pity for something to happen now.

He coughed painfully, straining his fatigued eyes as he caught sight of the bench where he and the human female had first met. [i]Ah...there you are, my pretty. But jus' why're we here, eh? You have somethin' more to ask of me?[/i]

Sherrik sighed slightly as he approached, his caution visible with every step that he took. However, with some relief, the human female looked almost calm. Aside from a change of clothes, nothing else seemed to be the matter. [i]Eh...we jus' talk, yes?[/i]

Sherrik stopped several feet away from the human, his hands still resting in the pockets of his overcoat. The Balosar guessed that he looked positively stricken, but it mattered little. He cleared his throat. "Eh...is good to see you again, Miss." He paused, as he gathered his thoughts. "Jus' how did you find the information I gathered, eh? Useful for you? I can get some more, if you want..."

[b]Tag: Ktala[/b]

23. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Daria - Eriadu City, Port District, Ishili Estate Preservation, Port District

Daria sat on the bench, thinking a few things over. Her last item, was almost in sight. She could hardly wait. The Balosar soon showed up, and she watched him, as he made his way over. Good. Soon, she would be gone, and everything would be alright.

Sherrik sighed slightly as he approached, his caution visible with every step that he took. She waited for him patiently, feeling very calm now.
    Sherrik stopped several feet away from the human, his hands still resting in the pockets of his overcoat. She watched as he cleared his throat. "Eh...is good to see you again, Miss." He paused, as he gathered his thoughts. "Jus' how did you find the information I gathered, eh? Useful for you? I can get some more, if you want..."

Daria smiled. "OH. I found your information QUITE useful. In fact..." She withdrew a hand from her pocket, holding up a datacylinder. "I decided to pay you in full, and then some." She smiled, as she flipped the datacylinder towards him. "Im sure you'll find the credits on there more than covers your time and effort." She smiled. "And probably just enought to get off this planet...but Im sure you'll put it to good use." She stood. "Just make sure, if anyone comes asking, you dont know anything." She smiled darkly.

"I have a ship to catch now. Enjoy the credits." Her smile turned darker, just before she turned. "Oh...And If I were you, you might want to be careful in a few hours... Should be an interesting show."

With that, she turned, and walked away from the bench, and out of the park, as she makes her way towards the ship. She had ordered a ticket. All she had to do was to pick it up. And then she would be free. And she would be alone once again.

Coruscant.

Tag: Deto

OOC: It be just fine! :)

24. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    OOC: WHERE DID EVERYONE GO?! :(

25. Detonating-Rabbit

May 23, 2003
    OOC: I'm still here, but I'm insanely busy. You have my word, though, that I will have something up as soon as possible; my writer's block is going away (albeit slowly) and I just need to figure out where the plot is at present. Then it's just a case of where everyone else is... [face_worried]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.