main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Edmonton The State of the Fanforce (it has a pulse!)

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Rogue_Thunder, Jan 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    I know I haven't been posting much, so I'm as much the problem as anyone. However, I've been insanely busy this past year with personal stuff and looking after the fam. Basically, what I'm saying is that things in my life have calmed down now, and I'm ready to try and get some activity going, and try to rebuild this great group. I have a few ideas for activities for the coming spring, and if anyone has anything they'd like to add/do then speak up. :)

Poker/Sabacc Night

I've been looking around, and there are rules for adapting a regulation 52 card deck for playing sabacc. I was thinking of having a "poker" night (or we can play real poker in lieu of sabacc if no one's into it) for "chickenfeed" - you know those pennies, nickles, dimes and quarters you always have left over, sitting in a jar somewhere, now if people want or feel more comfortable about it all the money won can be donated to charity, but just be aware that I've played these "for fun" poker nights and usually a total nights winnings never get over $10, so you won't feel too left out if you walk away a loser, plus it's a fun night with snacks and friends. I'd be willing to host this in a few months, when the weather turns nicer and I get a chance to do some spring cleaning/get rid of some stuff lol.

NEW SHFD

Good ol' Super Happy Fun Day. It's been a long time since we've had one of these. I can put the events to a vote, or we can just meet up and play it by ear.

Sledding!

It's been ages since I've gone, but I don't think my back would hold up, but don't let that stop us. Find a hill, and if the weather's nice, have a fire and some hot chocolate for afterwards. There's some great hills by my place, just need some firewood.

That's about all I have for ideas right now, but please feel free to add anything you wanna try. Hope to see you guys around this year! :)

2. Ky-Wan

Ky-Wan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    Hey man,

glad your up and about. These are all good ideas, at the moment I can do some things like movie meet up or such. I think that just getting people active and out is obviously a big step. I know many seem to watch the forum and either never post or only commment on certain things and that's your choice but..if your gonna lurch then why not pop in and say hi every so often folks. Hard to do that if our boards become the general canada boards cause we don't have activity.

I'm not saying everyone should check here everyday or such, just that if the fan force as it is is to stay alive then it can't be always Berx coming up with ideas or trying to wrangle interest. This is a members group and it takes members to keep it going. If people don't want to post and don't care what happenes to the place then again your choice. I'd like to think there's still an intrest to meet up, see movies and talk not only sw but any topic really. It's a little sad to see the place drfit apart as it has but you have to accept it in some cases.

If people are out there and want to do events or hang out great post and lets do it. If not.. well it's been a fun ride knowing all of you no matter what differences there are.

Ok off my soapbox

3. SHAAK_GG

SHAAK_GG Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2005
    Well I guess I can chime in quickly. I very much miss how the EFF used to be back when I joined in 2005. We always had great turnouts, had events often, and of course weekly games night and although I only attended two they were fantastic. It is depressing to log on here, or even the RL boards and see there have been no new posts for days, sometimes weeks, and even months. I really don't how such a strong group collapsed like this.

4. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Ok guys, great to see you posting, but you're kinda stepping on the whole "starting from scratch" vibe I'm going for here. Yes, I too, miss the old days, but reminiscing isn't getting us anywhere.

Jarrett, Jay: do you guys see any of the above events as something you'd like/be able to attend? Do you have any suggestions for new events? Can you contribute to the future of EFF here? :)

5. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    The above mentioned ones I can't really see myself attending no, some of the basic things I mentioned like movies are a good possibility

6. spottcat211

spottcat211 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 27, 2002
    Jeeze, it's been a while since I've been around here... Turns out my evenings and weekends will be freeing up within the week here, so I would be up for some get togethers.

I would be up for just about anything (that doesn't involve cold weather, so I think were good for about six months), but might I suggest reviving games nights? Not trying to step on your reincarnation, but I always enjoyed them... Perhaps we could (also) get an RPG going?

Unfortunately I don't really have space of my own for hosting, or I would definitely be volenteering...

Hope something comes of this!

-Alex

7. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Wow awesome to see you back, Alex! Good to hear you'll have evenings free now. Yeah, I hope we can do something soon. I'll be posting some more suggestions coming up, so keep checking :)

8. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    Good to see you too. Yeah games nights are a possibility...I've yet to actually play my clone wars monopoly

9. clinton_o

clinton_o Jedi Youngling

May 28, 2010
    Clone Wars Monopoly? I'm in for that!

I always seem to lose, but do I care?

Nope!

10. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    lol welcome to the boards... :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.