main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Storm Cometh; pre-NJO, MASSIVE AU, feedback please, AUTHOR'S NOTE 4/17

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jek_Windu, Mar 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jek_Windu

Jek_Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 26, 2003
    This is a repost, you'll have to go to this one to read new posts

WHAT IF OUI-GON HAD TRAINED ANAKIN?

WHAT IF JEDI MARRIGES HAD BEEN ALLOWED?

WHAT IF ANAKIN NEVER TURNED?

WHAT PALPATINE FELL TO THE CHOSEN ONE'S BLADE?

WHAT IF THE EMPIRE WAS NEVER BORN?

This is the answer...

2. Jek_Windu

Jan 26, 2003
    Prelude

38 A.C.W. (After Clone War)

Sith Knight Tavion wacthed from the balcony as her dark diciples trianed, preparing themselves to bring about the Republic's downfall and avenging Darth Sidious. Her unforgiving gaze went from duel to duel, each separated by a short wall. Her eyes moved to one particular student, Vilas. His moves were graceful and agressive, full of the Dark Sides hateful energy. Vilas' opponent was weak, foolish and clumsy, unworthy of the Sith's power. Tavion would not tolerate such weakness among her apprentices. The red blades clashed again and again but it was clear that Vilas would be victorious. Finally the weaklings lightsaber flew from his hand, Vilas stood over him, his eyes cold pits of hatred. The young Sith's head turned upward to his Master. Tavion smiled evilly as she held out her fist, put her thumb out to side. two pairs of eyes wacthed that thumb, one hoping to kill, the other foolishly hoping for mercy. The thumb went down.

"No!! Please, Master!! I will do better!! Please!!", the weakling said. Tavion did not justify his disgraceful plea as her cold brown orbs wacthed Vilas run the fool through the stomach. His bloodcurdling scream wrentched through the room, but the students didn't even flinch. Everyone knew that the weak died off to make way for the strong. They also knew that the Sith were the strong and that the Jedi were the weak. Tavion grinned again as she dreamed of the glorious day when she would stand over the body of Jedi Master Luke Skywalker and wacth the Jedi Temple crumble to the ashes of Republic City. It was only a matter of time until the light was comsumed by eternal darkness. What Tavion did not forsee was that maybe the Sith would not be the ones to bring about that darkness..........

3. Jek_Windu

Jan 26, 2003
    Chapter 1: Torturous Birthday

The planet of Courascant turned it metropolitan face toward the systems' sun, relunctantly dragging away from the cultural slpendor that was the planets night.The first bits of sinlight poking its way through the clouds and skyscrappers, the planets deziens waking up to restart the peaceful, boring routine of life. Children running in the wake tried parents, Senators begginning to congragulate themselves on being masters of the universe. An all-around normal dawn for Republic City.
    Everyone in the Solo home was asleep, trying to soak in the last precious moments of rest before a hectic day. One as the Supreme Chancellor, one as a Republic General, the other three as Jedi Padawans. Anakin Solo's eyes drifted open as the early rays hit his bedroom. He was about to turn over and go back to sleep, as he was not a morning person. then he remembered. All remnatnts of tiredness dissipated at the realization. Today was his thriteenth birthday. Now, usually Anakin wasn't so excited about the annual event, however this was the exception. Today was his thirteenth birthday, a very special day for a Jedi Padawan. It was the day where the Padawan began the road that would lead him to Knighthood. It was also a day when a Padawan got a very special present form their Master.
    Anakin quietly pulled himself out of bed and silently walked into his 'fresher. Man, it's good to have an ex-CorSec officer for a Master, he thought as he looked at himself in the mirror. He supposed that he wasn't that different from other Padawans, in some ways. In others he ws totally different. First, he was the decendant of one of the greatest Jedi heroes ever, that alone set him and siblings up for a lot of pressure. Then, he shared his name with that great Jedi hero. Anakin shook his head as he walked into the shower.
    An hour later, the Solo home had transformed into a bustling center of motion. Han was getting breakfast ready, Leia was preparing some speech, the twins were busy commiting murder by tickle.

"Stop!! Hahahahahahaha!!!! Stop!!! Hahahahahahaha!!!!", Anakin cried as his brother and sister tortured him. "Ho no!! You're ours Little Brother!!!", Jaina yelled with Jacen looking on in merriment.

Anakin's salvation came when Han yelled that breakfast was ready. Anakin smiled in anticipation when he saw what lay on the table. Correlian eggs with bacon and Kuat grits, or Han Solo's Core Surprise. All of them sat down and began feasting on the good food ravenously. Especially Anakin, he should have known he wouldn't be able to get away with that.

"So, the birthday boy needs his strength, eh? I guess we'll, just have to give him an extra helping.", Anakin stared as his father laid at least another kilogram of eggs and said eat up. This gained snickers from Jacen and a "he's a growing boy" crack from Jaina. Anakin sighed as he thought what a torturous day he'd already had and it wasn't even lunch yet!!

4. Jek_Windu

Jan 26, 2003
    Chapter 2: A Little Histroy Lesson

11-year-old Tahiri Veila walked to her Jedi history class in silence, which was a rarity. In fact, it was so rare that yhe other Padawans kept giving her amazed stares. Some them actually stopped whatever they were to begin hushed little chats that mostly consisted of "Tahiri is being quiet?!". Tahiri herself didn't care much, she was too busy thinking of something to wear to Anakin's party that evening. She'd never been to a real party, and she wanted to impress everybody. The young girl snapped back to reality as she neared the classroom.
    The teacher was a nice old Master, retired from missions to teach Initiates. "Today's lesson is going to be on something all of you could know quite a bit about.", he said with a knowing smile. The Initiates, however, were not as thrilled. While the teacher was nice, his lessons were not known for their stimulation value. "Today, we will be studying the life and training of the late Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker.", he said. This really got some heads perking up, there wasn't a Jedi in the Order who didn't know something about Anakin Skywalker.

"So, does anyone have anything they want to share about Anakin?", he said and twenty hands shot into the air. The Master choose slectively, and finally settled on the small hand of Tahiri.

"Tahiri, what do you know on the subject?"

Before the words were even out of his mouth, Tahiri was making her reply, "Anakin was born on Alderann. As a child, he was best friends with Prince Bail Organa, at the age of seven he was discovered to have the highest midichorlian count of any Jedi at that time, 24,000 per cell, by Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn and his Padawan Obi-Wan Kenobi. When he was tested by the Council, Jedi Master Yoda proclaimed that he wasthe Chosen Onemeant to bring balance to the Force. Anakin was an Initiate for two years, when Obi-Wan took him on as an apprentice. Six years later, the Clone Wars began and Anakin and Obi-Wan were sent to the front lines. A year into the war, Obi-Wan and Anakin were sent from the front to protect Senator Padme Amidala from Separtist asassins. During the mission, Anakin and Padme fell in love. Shortly after the asassins were caught, Anakin and Obi-Wan were sent back to the front. During the war, Anakin became a hero to the entire Order. A year after the mission, Anakin and Padme were married. Two years passed and the Separtist were finally defeated, Chancellor Palpatine, frustrated by the failure of his plans, revealed himself to be a Sith. Because of his arrogance, he publically challenged Anakin to a duel, claiming that the Chosen One did not exist and that Anakin was a weak child. Taking up his challenge, Anakin went to the Sith world of Korriban where he fought Palpatine to the death. During the battle, Anakin was mortally wounded, but managed to kill Palpatine before he died. And that's about it."

The Master was rubbing his temples from hearing someone say so much, so fast, "Very good, Tahiri, uh...class dismissed, you may have a short rest before your lightsaber sessions.", he said, wincing. As the Initiates filed out of the room, Tahiri went back to wondering about what she was going to wear that night. She didn't have anything fancy, at least not something she thought should be worn to something big like this. Then the spark of an idea, I could just ask Jaina to borrow something!! Yeah, that'll work!, she thoght as she began to skip happily to the Lake to enkoy her surprise break. Guess it's not all that bad to talk a lot.

5. Jek_Windu

Jan 26, 2003
    Chapter 3 - The Old Fossil

The old fossil sat cross-legged in the gardens of the Jedi Temple, meditating. It something all Jedi did everyday, as normal and peacefull as eating or sleeping. But it was not peacefull for the old fossil , it had not since he had been a young man. Everytime he meditated, he saw them, images of the very worst moments of his life. The image of his wife being murdered by a Sith Lord, looking at his former apprentice dead in his arms, so many things that would haunt him for the rest of his life. So many wrong decisions, so many lost opprotunities....It would drive most beings insane with pain and guilt, but the old fossil was strong, if he wasn't, he'd be dead. A tear rolled down slowly from his old eyes, the only outward sign of the pain he was enduring.
    Jacen Solo had never been in such a deep meditation. it'd been discovered at an early age that he had enormous talent in the Unifying Force. As a result, his training was centered around meditation and healing. He could feel all his loved ones, his twin and Zekk enjoying a make-out session, Tenel Ka running some ridiculously difficult obstacle course, Raynar trying (and failing) to woo some poor girl, his brother listening absently to Tahiri in motormouth mode. Jacen went deeper, towards the core of the Force. He was suddenly alarmed, he was feeling ...despair...from his Master. Jacen's deep brown eyes snapped open. Despair was not something he should be getting from his Master--nor any Jedi Master, for that matter. He grabbed his Master's shoulders, shaking him.
    "Master? Master?! Wake up!!", he yelled. Obi-Wan Kenobi's sea blue eyes opened slowly to see his Padwan's face. He frowned for a moment, as if disoriented. He composed himself and replied,
    "I suppose that's enough meditation for today,", Obi-Wan paused as he and his apprentice shared a moment of relief and peace,"well we should begin lightsaber sessions, go get the training remotes, please.", Obi-Wan finally finished. As Jacen went to get them, the young Jedi pondered about the old man. He'd never felt anything like...that from Obi-Wan. Jacen knew the old Jedi had his scars from the war, but that...it just made the apprentice uncormfortable. He pushed those thoughts out of his head, he'd have to concentrate to get through this quickly. Jacen didn't like lightsabers that much , that was more Anakin's hobby, but it was a vital part of his training that could--and would--save his life.
    Obi-Wan activated the remotes and they floated up in the air, perparing the sparing program. Jacen took a deep breath and ignited his lightsaber, its emerald glow calming him.
    "Begin.", Obi-Wan siad calmly. One of the three remotes fired two shots at Jacen's right flank, but the young Jedi blocked them easily; he had been well-trained in Form 3. The lone remote began firing steadily while the other two circled. The remote fired at Jacen's head followed by a shot at his foot, Jacen ducked and rolled away from both shots and came up to block three more shots. The sparing device changed programs and started firng in auto-mode. The young Jedi twriled his blade in a fury, blocking each shot with the percision of a thousand generations of Jedi Knights. Just beacuse he disliked fighting didn't mean he wasn't good at it.
    Obi-Wan smirked, his apprentice was making a mistake common in the Skywalker/Solo bloodline. He was focusing too much on the remote that was attacking him and not enough on the ones that were cricling. The experienced Master intantly saw what the remotes strategy was and knew that the sparing session would be over very soon.
    Jacen contiued blocking and dodging, unaware of his trainer's assesment. He developed a rhythm, block, dodge,block. But he was not wacthing the two remotes circling him. Suddenly they stopped circling, parrallel to each other, the young Jedi didn't notice. They fired simultaneously, Jacen flipped out of the way, but was hit square in the chest by the first remote. Jacen heard chuckling behind him.
    "You did well, your swordsmanship was adm

6. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Fascinating concept Jek. I like the way you write Tahiri, especially the long history lesson section. Very funny. I can just imagine the poor old Master yawning. I also like the practice fight showing Jacen's technique, and his tendency to focus on the obvious.

Great work. :)

7. Rogue_of-Peace

Rogue_of-Peace Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Hmm.... MASSIVE AU.... couple more posts then it will suit me.

Go Jacen! And wow, Obi-Wan as his Master? He must be very old now....

Is Anakin's Master Corran?

Need more!

8. Jek_Windu

Jan 26, 2003
    Yes, Corran is Anakin's master, and guess who Tahiri's gonna be ;) The next post is almost done, but now I have to go to church. I'll work on it from when I get back to 3, when Dune and Children of Dune start!! :D

9. Jek_Windu

Jan 26, 2003
    Chapter 4 - a Birthday and a Nightmare

Anakin Solo was enjoying his lunch, having a rather one-sided conversation with Tahiri. Though many would find the talkative girl annoying, she had insantly grown on him when they first met. It had been about 8 years ago, loneliness had driven Anakin to the Room of a Thousand Fountains, where the boy had hung his head and began to cry. At that point a three-year-old little girl had come up to the sobbing boy, put her face inches from his and asked what he was crying about. At first Anakin had been embarassed, caught crying by a girl and worse, a younger girl. She'd persisted, asking him again and again, eventually he had gotten so annoyed he'd stopped crying and told her that he was lonely and to go away. Tahiri responded by saying "There, you're not sad anymore, now you want to be my friend?". From that day foward, they'd been inseperable.
    The young Jedi left his musings to pay attention to what his closest friend was saying.
    "..He came up to me and started asking these questions, I mean the ones like, "How are you feeling" and "Do you like it here". Then, he came to my telekinesis class and asked Knight Chang if I was good at it!! I think he's gonna ask me to be his Padawan!! Can you imagine, me as a Padawan and then one to Master Ikrit!! Anakin, aren't you gonna say anything?", she said in motormouth mode. She'd been speaking so fast Anakin only heard "Padawan" and "Master Ikrit". Fortuneately, he caught in quickly and put out,
    "Yeah that'd be great, I'm happy for you."
    Anakin felt Tahiri suddenly become more serious and thoughtful-a general rarity when dealing with her-and arched an eyebrow in question.
    "Umm...do you think Jaina has anything I could wear to the party?", she asked with an air of nervousness. Anakin's eyebrow arched so far it was dissapearing in his bangs.
    "Why can't you just wear one of the dress tunics you have?"
    "Because, well...y'know...your uncle and aunt will be there, plus your famliy...", she said with a resinged shrug.
    Anakin sighed inwardly, they'd know each other for almost a decade and she was still nervous about his family, just one of the many things he disliked about having famous relatives.
    "Tahiri, we've known each other for eight years, that means they've known you for eight years. You're family, don't worry about it.", he said, adding a Solo grin for good measure. Tahiri sighed and nodded, but Anakin didn't think she really believed him. She started eating her food slowly, so Anakin decided to let her brood for awhile, and he looked arounded the huge cafeteria. He'd always found a certain peace when he was in here. It wasn't same kind as meditation gave, but it was peaceful. content, even though it was louder than the Falcon trying to lift off. Then he saw her, she was the prettiest Padawan in the Temple in Anakin
    eyes, with her long blonde hair and bright orange eyes. Kareina D'naliegh, the youngest daughter of the Chandrillan Senator, she was quite popular amnog the Padwans as a skilled duelist and among the Knights as a model Padawan.She looked over at Anakin and waved with a radiant grin, causing the young Solo to flush. Tahiri looked up from her plate, comptemplated Anakin for a moment, then followed his gaze to Kareina. She turned back to him and started giggling quietly.
    "Annie and Kari, sittin' in a speeder...", Anakin groaned and ran his fingers through his hair. He had a growing dread this was going to be a long day...

Seven hours later it was almost time, for the long awaited party. Anakin stood in front of the mirror, looking awkward in his midnight blue tunic and black trousers.
    "Uh...3PO, I don't think this works, got anything...normal?", he asked, if there was one thing Anakin hated, it was dressing up, it was annoying and unnessacary in his opinion. C-3PO obiviously disagreed.
    "But Master Anakin, it is fitting for such a wonderful ocasion, if you dislike the color I can find something more appeasing."
    More appeasing would be something I could wear without half

10. Jek_Windu

Jan 26, 2003
    Well, here's a shameless up.

UP

11. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    very nice story. I shall add this to active topic because i can't remember on my own.
    :)

12. Jek_Windu

Jan 26, 2003
    Well, it seems the readers have lost all interest. Was the last post that bad? :confused:

13. Anakin_Solo02

Anakin_Solo02 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 3, 2002
    i like it! nice work, Jek! :)

14. Jek_Windu

Jan 26, 2003
  15. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    In case you haven't noticed the old board is still most active. My reposts are 5th in the list and no one has replied. The new boards are very slow. Give it time.

16. Jedi_Knight_Satine

Jedi_Knight_Satine Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2002
    On my 13th birthday, Qui-Gon gave me a rock.

[face_laugh] OH SO TRUE!!

Intresting dream! Kinda spooky! I like spooky! MORE!

(sorry if it sounds wierd....I'm on sugar at the moment 8-} )

17. Jek_Windu

Jan 26, 2003
    Well, next post the plot is gonna get thick.

Oh, yeah, for all A/Ter's this an Anakin/OC for this one, but in the sequel, it'll be kinda A/T.

18. Jek_Windu

Jan 26, 2003
    Uppity, uppity.

19. Jek_Windu

Jan 26, 2003
    And once more......

Wow. Such supense.

UP

20. Jek_Windu

Jan 26, 2003
    Bad news, I won't be able to post today, and most likely not during the week either. The spice mine (school) has been really murder lately, and I've got about 40 tons of homework to do. I'll try to get the next post up as soon ASAP.

21. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    Don't worry about it. Ill still be here

And There's no need to up. All stories are on the first or second page its not like the old board. BTW I made another fic on this board if you wouldn't mind taking a look.

22. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    "You know, you shouldn't hold your expectations for your Master's gift to high. On my 13th birthday, Qui-Gon gave me a rock." [face_laugh]

That was great! I loved Tahiri?s teasing. Poor Anakin, getting picked on all the time.

Lord Vader? Ooo, this is getting good! I can?t wait to find out what happens. More soon please!

23. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    She'd persisted, asking him again and again, eventually he had gotten so annoyed he'd stopped crying and told her that he was lonely and to go away. Tahiri responded by saying "There, you're not sad anymore, now you want to be my friend?". From that day foward, they'd been inseperable.

I loved that bit - it's soooo Tahiri.

Great dream - very spooky. It looks like things are going to get complicated. :)

24. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    She'd persisted, asking him again and again, eventually he had gotten so annoyed he'd stopped crying and told her that he was lonely and to go away. Tahiri responded by saying "There, you're not sad anymore, now you want to be my friend?". From that day foward, they'd been inseperable.

I loved that bit - it's soooo Tahiri.

Great dream - very spooky. It looks like things are going to get complicated. :)

25. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.