main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Awards & Contests The Summer 2010 RPF Awards - Come Congratulate The Winners!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by RPF_Awards_Sock, Jul 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RPF_Awards_Sock

RPF_Awards_Sock RPF Awards Host VIP - Game Host

Apr 14, 2010
    Summer 2010 Role Playing Forum Awards

Welcome to the Summer 2010 RPF Awards!

Please be sure to review the entire post (even if you?ve done this before) to ensure that everything runs as smoothly as possible.

Purpose of the Awards
    Our role playing forums are very special ? unique in their quality and community. We come here to play, but also to work. It?s not easy to build a successful game or navigate through the galaxy with a character. It?s especially challenging now, with three distinct forums dedicated to different aspects of role playing. Many of you dedicate significant amounts of your free time to make this place the best it can be.

These awards have been established in recognition of the extraordinary efforts of you ? our users. The VIPships and publicity awarded to winners are meant to serve as both a reward for a job well done and a way to increase visibility. It is hoped that others will learn from their example, and that they will continue to serve as leaders of these role playing forums.

How it works
    Awards are held four times per year, in April (Spring), July (Summer), October (Autumn) and January (Winter).

The four categories for awards are:

Best GM
    Best Roleplayer
    Best RPG (Star Wars and Non-Star Wars)
    Best New RPG (Star Wars and Non-Star Wars)

New RPGs are defined as any active game less than three (3) months old and have over 50 posts at the time of nomination (once a game crosses the 50 post threshold, it may be nominated so long as the window to do so is still open). RPGs must be active (no locked threads may be nominated).

Voting will consist of two rounds:

[b]Round 1:[/b]
    [ul][li]Lasts for five (5) days[/li]
    [li]A time to nominate any active RPG or player[/li]
    [li]Once a thread/player has been nominated once, please refrain from nominating them again (one nomination is sufficient to save a spot on the ballot)[/li]
    [li]Users may [i]not[/i] nominate themselves for awards[/li]
    [li]All users may make a total of two (2) nominations per category[/li][/ul]
    Any RPG that wins an award becomes ineligible for next season's awards, to ensure fairness and variety. Any players who win awards will be ineligible until the next year.

[b]Round 2[/b]
    [ul][li]Begins immediately after the results of Round 1 are posted[/li]
    [li]A list of all the nominees will be compiled for members to pursue[/li]
    [li]You then have seven (7) days to [b]PM[/b] your votes from the choices to the host[/li]
    [li]Users have the option of voting for up to three (3) people in the Best RPer and best GM categories, and up to two (2) games in the Games categories[/li][/ul]

[color=red][b]***Campaigning (ie, soliciting votes and/or nominations) at any time during the awards, in any thread, in any forum, is absolutely not allowed!***[/b][/color]

[hr]
    [b]The winners will be announced at the end of Round 2.[/b]

[hr]
    [color=mediumvioletred][b]Prizes[/b][/color]
    As always, the part you've all been waiting for.

The winning [b]GMs[/b] and [b]Roleplayers[/b] will each be awarded VIPship (with the ability to choose custom colors) for one week. In addition, they will earn a place in the "RPF Hall of Fame" in the Community Centre. The winning [b]RPGs[/b] will receive a special place in the introductory sticky thread, as well as the right to the title of "Best RPG," until the next season's winners are announced. Moderators are allowed to win Awards, but their prize will be limited to recognition alone. When a moderator places in the Best GM/RPer category, the top three contenders will be recognized, with the two non-mods getting colors. Two non-moderator users are guaranteed colors for every awards season.

[hr]
    [color=mediumvioletred][b]The "RPF Stars" Awards[/b][/color]

Winners of the RPF Stars Awards will not receive titles or colors, but they are encouraged to place their titles in their sig or bio. The idea behind these awards is to provide recognition for exemplary

2. spycoder9

spycoder9 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2008
    Haven?t really been over at the RPF much, so can?t vote there.

Best GM:
    1. DarkLordoftheFins

Best RPer:
    1. Jedi_padawan_Leigh - Maybe I?m a little prejudice but having played alongside her for awhile, she has been great in SotS. Her description, doubled with the ability to provide real and plausible emotions for her characters, makes it an easy pick.
    2. TheSithGirly - She has played in SotS astoundingly great, just like Leigh has. I enjoy both of her characters, and I have become attached to her Angela, who of course has been laid to rest.

Best Non-Star Wars RPG:
    1. The Sins of the Saints - The background had been well put together, the story has been very entertaining and fun to follow along, and the characters are developed behind the scenes very well.

3. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Best RPer:
    1.WildWookie

Best Star Wars RPG:
    1.StarWars: Intervention

11.Best Single Post* (include link):

I have no idea if this is still elegible for submisson, but here goes:

Kahn_Iceay's post on 5/31/08. One of the best posts, imo.

Kahn_Iceay's post *please scroll down

I should have submitted this long ago.

4. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    I am shocked, deeply shocked about how little I had time to dwell here lately. Work (new work that is) really changed a lot for me. nevertheless, my nominees . . .

Thanks for my nomination, though.

Best GM:
    1. Winged Jedi - He can be voted for again and he actually always deserves an Award. manCubs has lost nothing of it´s brilliance and Chessboards will be among my GAMES OF MY LIFETIME. Well deserved.
    2. -

Best RPer:
    1. TheSithGirly - Her brilliance and deep character play is hard to argue, but I appreciate she brought it back to these realms and gave my Sins of the Saints her special touch with no more or less than two of her best characters. Especially Jackson Clay, somehwere between faith and insanity, good and evil, perversion and righteousness is so multi-layered, I cannot help but adore him. Therefore. She deserves a place on that list.
    2. Mitth-Fisto - Kir Kanos? Avergus? Markus? Simply one of the best players we got. his characters are always something special and always something to read. It is just such a pleasure to play with him, I felt honored to be his partner (in ManCubs) and GM (in SotS).

Best Star Wars RPG:
    1. Chessboards - Still my favourite game around here. Simple, but brilliant. And now almost coming to an end . . .
    2. AFAS - What an achievment. Incredible. Part two comes to an end and I had a great time in it. Deserves it´s place on that list.

Best Non-Star Wars RPG:
    1. -
    2. -

I haven´t read enough. Which is a shame.

Best New Star Wars RPG:
    1. Tales of the ABYverse

Best New Non-Star Wars RPG:
    1. -
    2. -

YOU MAY ONLY MAKE ONE NOMINATION PER CATEGORY IN THIS SECTION

RPF Stars Awards
    1. Most Entertaining GM: LordTroepfchen
    2. Most Educational GM: LordTroepfchen
    3. Best Game Design: -
    4. Best Character Design: Spycoder
    5. Best Opening / Most Potential At Opening: Puh . . . no clue . . .
    6. Most Improved RPer: Ben_Stormrider
    7. Most Helpful Person in the RPR: darthramza
    8. Most Social User: Sarge
    9. Most Likely to Annoy the Mods: ??
    10. Most Disgruntled Oldbie: None
    11. Best Single Post* (include link): follows later . . . have to decide on that one . . .

5. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Best GM:
    1. Winged_Jedi - Seconding Fins' opinions here. I'll admit I'm mildly afraid he'll reject the nominations again, but whatever. He deserves them.
    2. Saintheart - Have I mentioned lately that I love ToF? I love ToF. Saint's a talented writer and gamemaster, and because of him I check the NSWRPF as soon as there's a new post.

Best RPer:
    Too many for me to decide right now. I may update this later.

Best Star Wars RPG:
    1. Man Cubs - Maybe I'm biased, but holy crap is this game awesome.
    2. Star Wars: Intervention - Bravo and Grey put in a lot of work, and it shows.

Best Non-Star Wars RPG:
    1. Sins of the Saints - Perhaps the last time it'll be eligible, so how can I not nominate this? Even if it ended up not really being my thing, it's a great game.
    2. WELCOME TO PRISON - While they may or may not branch out into other games, this one has brought a decent number of YJCCers to the NSWRPF, and it's pretty fun to follow, too.

Best New Star Wars RPG:
    1. Elite League Limmie - A sport that's not podracing? IT MUST BE NOMMED.

1. WELCOME TO PRISON - See above.

RPF Stars Awards
    1. Most Entertaining GM: Saintheart
    2. Most Educational GM: Winged_Jedi
    3. Best Game Design: Trieste
    4. Best Character Design: Penguinator
    5. Best Opening / Most Potential At Opening: WELCOME TO PRISON
    6. Most Improved RPer: -
    7. Most Helpful Person in the RPR: Fins
    8. Most Social User: Sarge221 (Maybe we should just rename this category to "Most Likely to be Sarge")
    9. Most Likely to Annoy the Mods: Every RPR regular :p
    10. Most Disgruntled Oldbie: LightWarden

6. Winged_Jedi

Winged_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 28, 2003
    Aw thanks, gentlemen, I'll accept the nomination this time around. [face_blush] And here are a few of my own...

Best GM:
    1. Trieste- For putting so much thought into an original game, receiving and listening to constructive criticism, and executing everything so successfully thus far.

Best RPer: (there are several who I cannot decide between, and so I may make my second nomination later. My first though, goes to someone who has never won before)
    1. Jabba-Wocky- A courteous player of formidable intellect.

Best Star Wars RPG:
    1. Elite League Limmie
    2. **Forces**

Best Star Wars RPG:
    1. Elite League Limmie
    2. **Forces**

RPF Stars Awards
    Best Opening / Most Potential At Opening: Tales of the ABYverse

7. Kahn_Iceay

Kahn_Iceay Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 5, 2006
    Best GM:
    1. DarkLordoftheFins
    2. Vangarian

Best RPer:
    1. Mitth_Fisto

Best Star Wars RPG:
    1. Tales of the ABYverse

Best Non-Star Wars RPG:
    1. Sins of the Saints

Best New Star Wars RPG:

1. Majesty and Decay - Saga of Nameless Lands II

RPF Stars Awards
    1. Most Entertaining GM: Vangarian
    2. Most Educational GM: Sinrebirth
    3. Best Game Design: Sinrebirth
    4. Best Character Design: MarcusDade (Saga of Nameless Lands II)
    5. Best Opening / Most Potential At Opening: Saga of Nameless Lands II
    6. Most Improved RPer: Kev-Mas_Colcha
    7. Most Helpful Person in the RPR: Xani
    9. Most Likely to Annoy the Mods: Dade :p
    10. Most Disgruntled Oldbie: Lightwarden
    11. Best Single Post* (include link): I honestly don't know if an OP is eligible for this but Ramza, Opening Post, SoNL II

8. Dubya_Scott

Dubya_Scott Jedi Master star 5

Jun 11, 2002
    Unfortunately I haven't been around the RPF a whole lot this season. So, sadly, I'll have to skip the nominations and voting this time around...

:(

9. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    Best GM:
    1. darthramza

Best RPer:
    1. Kahn_Iceay

1. Majesty and Decay - Saga of Nameless Lands II

RPF Stars Awards
    1. Most Entertaining GM: darthramza
    2. Most Educational GM: Sinrebirth
    5. Best Opening / Most Potential At Opening: Majesty and Decay - Saga of Nameless Lands II
    7. Most Helpful Person in the RPR: Xan
    9. Most Likely to Annoy the Mods: Dade

10. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Best RPer:
    1. Wildwookiee
    2. Mitth_Fisto

RPF Stars Awards
    4. Best Character Design: Mitth_Fisto

6. Most Improved RPer: Darth_Cadaverous

11. Best Single Post* (include link): bterrik Link Just in case the link doesn't go to the right page in the game, here's the post:

11. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    Okay, last time around, so I wanna do my duty as a citizen of the RPF and nominate who deserves nominations . . .

Best GM:
    1. DarkLordoftheFins - Because he simply is . . .

Best RPer:
    1. SirakRomar - Here is me hoping she will accept it this time . . .

Best Star Wars RPG:
    1. Chessboard

Best Non-Star Wars RPG:
    1. TheSinsOfTheSaints

Best New Star Wars RPG:
    1. Elite League Limmie

1. Welcome to the Prison

RPF Stars Awards
    1. Most Entertaining GM: Fins
    2. Most Educational GM: -
    3. Best Game Design: Trieste
    4. Best Character Design: -
    5. Best Opening / Most Potential At Opening: -
    6. Most Improved RPer: Ben_Stormrider
    7. Most Helpful Person in the RPR: Sith-I-5
    8. Most Social User: Hm . . . dunno . . . Sarge again?
    9. Most Likely to Annoy the Mods: -
    10. Most Disgruntled Oldbie: -
    11. Best Single Post* (include link): I really wanted to nominate someone else. Went through half a dozens players posts, when I stumbled upon one of Fin again. The reason why he deserves his noms above . . . he takes two guys, puts them into a motel room and is more epic than any 300 billion blockbuster would ever be . . .

Fin - I still do - Date Posted: 6/20 4:56am Subject: The Sins of the Saints - Date Edited: 6/20 5:39am

And . . .

Are we actually allowed to post the best post thingy´s here? That makes life easier, though. So, in case anybody did not get the link her is . . .

DarkLordoftheFins - Sins of the Saints:

Some hours later than the rest of all scenes . . .

Milton Prest
    Hotel Room, Washington D.C.

Treachery was something human. Something born out of jealousy, calculation and greed. Calculating he was. What else could he have been. these other things . . . yes. Maybe. He yawned. Not because he was tired, but because he was watched and wanted to appear to be tired. the observation team had most liekly been send for his own security. The President most likely. He would loose them later that evening. "One flight. San francisco to Tokio and back it is. How many seats? all of them, obviously. Yes. My client wishes to be alone in the first class. Is that possible? no? Well, call your Boss and check the name of my client once more. You´ll find he owns fifty percent of your company. Then you´ll book it and call my office back, yes? I give you an hour." He killed the connection and rubbed his forehead. The headache was real. And new. Pain was new. Humanity was. A rather humbling experience.

"We have to stop meeting like this." the voice came from behind him. Milton turned around. He knew he would come. but this was earlier than anticipated. the asian looking shape of Anton was obviously more fitting. Smarter. More elaborate. He had never changed his form, he simply could not. but if he could hav,e he might have picked a similiar form. "Well, I guess it´s our last meeting, anyway." He wondered how hard these observers would work to identify that asian man he was talking to.

"Flight 2440 it is, then?" Anton asked. Nodding Milton sat down. "Flight 2440 it is. Just you and him. Whatever it is he wants to have, it´s all yours." Mlton smiled. Anton shook his head and ignited a cigarette. "If he had ever known how much you hate him, Milton. If he had ever known. Then again, you hate everything, do you?" Milton sat down. "Everything? no, just what I can´t . . . " "Shape?" tony asked and smiled. "Destroy." Milton replied. "I found Zinsky." he then answered. tony nodded. 2then you´re close to the truth now, Milton. Very close. Too bad you won´t find it in time." Both men sat there and then they laughed.

"Hard to life like this, right? human. no more precognition, no more awareness of the graeater designs." tony asked through his laughter. "And the pain!" Milton replied. "Yes the pain!" Tony answered and both laughed. Something desperate in their lau

12. cdgodin

cdgodin Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2009
    Here's my nomination. Sorry if you aren't allowed to nominate your own RPG.

1. AVP: Alien vs. Predator

13. RPF_Awards_Sock

Apr 14, 2010
    Ding ding ding!

Nominations are now CLOSED!

The list of nominees will be up very shortly. Stay tuned. :D

14. RPF_Awards_Sock

Apr 14, 2010
    Ding ding ding!

Nominations are CLOSED! Voting will now commence.

[color=mediumvioletred][b]Summer 2010 RPF Awards Voting[/b][/color]
    [blockquote]Welcome to the voting stage! In this stage, we'll pick the winners from the list of nominees. Please [u]look over the list before voting[/u] - some nominees may have been stricken from the official list if they are ineligible in some way. Your vote will not count if you vote for one who is not listed!

[i]The Rules:[/i]
    1. You may only vote for people/games on the list.
    2. One ballot per person, please. You may not use socks to vote!
    3. Voting is by [link=http://boards.theforce.net/PrivateMessages/SendMessage.aspx?usr=1361834]PM only[/link]. Any votes posted in this thread will not count.
    4. Votes must be in RPF_Awards_Sock's inbox no later than [color=darkgreen][b]July 31[/b][/color] at [b]9:00am[/b] Pacific Standard time. Please include "RPF Awards" in your PM subject line and [u]use the voting ballot provided exactly as-is[/u] (it makes tallying easier).[/blockquote]
    [hr]

[color=mediumvioletred][b]Voting Ballot:[/b][/color]

Best GM:

Best RPer:

Best Star Wars RPG:

Best Non-Star Wars RPG:

Best New Star Wars RPG:

YOU MAY ONLY VOTE FOR ONE PERSON IN THIS SECTION

RPF Stars Awards
    1. Most Entertaining GM:
    2. Most Educational GM:
    3. Best Game Design:
    4. Best Character Design:
    5. Best Opening / Most Potential At Opening:
    6. Most Improved RPer:
    7. Most Helpful Person in the RPR:
    8. Most Social User:
    9. Most Likely to Annoy the Mods:
    10. Most Disgruntled Oldbie:
    11. Best Single Post (include link):

[hr]
    [color=mediumvioletred][b]The List:[/b][/color]
    [u]Best GM:[/u]
    DarkLordoftheFins
    darthramza
    Saintheart
    Trieste
    Vangarian
    Winged_Jedi

[u]Best RPer:[/u]
    Jabba-Wocky
    Jedi_padawan_Leigh
    Kahn_Iceay
    Mitth_Fisto
    TheSithGirly
    Wildwookiee

[u]Best Star Wars RPG:[/u]
    **Forces**
    As Father And Son
    Chessboard
    Elite League Limmie
    Man Cubs
    Star Wars: Intervention

[u]Best Non-Star Wars RPG:[/u]
    The Sins of the Saints
    WELCOME TO PRISON

[u]Best New Star Wars RPG:[/u]
    Elite League Limmie

[u]Best New Non-Star Wars RPG:[/u]
    AVP: Alien vs. Predator
    WELCOME TO PRISON

[u][b]RPF Stars Awards[/b][/u]
    1. Most Entertaining GM:
    DarkLordoftheFins
    darthramza
    LordTroepfchen
    Saintheart
    Vangarian

2. Most Educational GM:
    LordTroepfchen
    Sinrebirth
    Winged_Jedi

3. Best Game Design:
    Sinrebirth
    Trieste

4. Best Character Design:
    MarcusDade
    Mitth_Fisto
    Penguinator
    spycoder9

5. Best Opening / Most Potential At Opening:
    WELCOME TO PRISON
    Majesty and Decay - Saga of Nameless Lands II
    Tales of the ABYverse

6. Most Improved RPer:
    Ben_Stormrider
    Darth_Cadaverous
    Kev-Mas_Colcha

7. Most Helpful Person in the RPR:
    darthramza
    DarkLordoftheFins
    DarthXan318
    Sith-I-5

8. Most Social User:
    Sarge221

9. Most Likely to Annoy the Mods:
    MarcusDade

10. Most Disgruntled Oldbie:
    LightWarden

11. Best Single Post:
    [link=http://boards.theforce.net/non_star_wars_role_playing/b10755/24043737/p84]Kahn_Iceay's post on 5/31/08[/link]
    [link=http://boards.theforce.net/non_star_wars_role_playing/b10755/31088183/p1/?7]darthramza, opening post[/link]
    [link=http://boards.theforce.net/role_playing_forum/b10328/30146826/p18]bterrik, 6/6/10[/link]
    [link=http://boards.theforce.net/non_star_wars_role_playing/b10755/30634379/p27]DarkLordoftheFins, 6/20/10[/link]

[hr]
    [link=http://boards.theforce.net/PrivateMessages/SendMessage.aspx?usr=1361834]Send those PMs![/link]

15. Kahn_Iceay

Kahn_Iceay Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 5, 2006
  16. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Voted! [face_peace]

Best of luck to all contestants. ;)

17. Dubya_Scott

Dubya_Scott Jedi Master star 5

Jun 11, 2002
    LightWarden always seems to be up for "Most Disgruntle Oldbie". [face_thinking]

18. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    Well. Didn´t I take the title from him last time? Looks like I could only temporaily challenge his firm grip on the title . . .

Voted

19. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
  20. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Voted!

And for those nominated, thanks for making some tough decisions nearly impossible to make;)

21. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    Voted!

22. RPF_Awards_Sock

Apr 14, 2010
    Last day for votes! Get 'em in now, or forever* hold your peace!

*Well: until the next awards season, anyway. :D

23. RPF_Awards_Sock

Apr 14, 2010
    Voting is CLOSED!

Stay tuned for the winners, who will be announced very, very soon ... :D

24. RPF_Awards_Sock

Apr 14, 2010
    Please join me in congratulating this season's award winners!

Best GM
    DarkLordoftheFins
    Winged_Jedi

Best Roleplayer
    Mitth_Fisto
    Jedi_padawan_leigh

Best Star Wars RPG
    Man Cubs

Best Non-Star Wars RPG
    The Sins of the Saints

Best New Star Wars RPG
    Elite League Limmie

Best New Non-Star Wars RPG
    Welcome to PRISON

[b][i]***RPF Stars Awards***[/b][/i]

[b]Most Entertaining GM:[/b]
    DarkLordoftheFins

[b]Most Educational GM:[/b]
    Sinrebirth

[b]Best Game Design:[/b]
    Sinrebirth

[b]Best Character Design:[/b]
    Mitth_Fisto

[b]Best Opening / Most Potential At Opening:[/b]
    Tales of the ABYverse

[b]Most Improved RPer:[/b]
    Ben_Stormrider

[b]Most Helpful Person in the RPR:[/b]
    DarthXan318

[b]Most Social User:[/b]
    Sarge221

[b]Most Likely to Annoy the Mods:[/b]
    MarcusDade

[b]Most Disgruntled Oldbie:[/b]
    LightWarden

[b]Best Single Post:[/b]
    [link=http://boards.theforce.net/non_star_wars_role_playing/b10755/30634379/p27]DarkLordoftheFins, 6/20/10[/link]

[hr]
    Thanks to everyone who voted!

If you are a winner in the Best GM or Best RPer categories, you will be getting your colors within the hour. :)

If you already have colors for one reason or another, when your original colors end, your RPF colors and titles will be granted.

25. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    Wow thanks :D ! Didn't think I'd have a chance so this is a nice suprise! hehe

Whee! Colours!

Umm...not sure how I go about changing them though lol :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.