main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The tale of Darth Vaders Son - A SW - AU (please be nice and post a lot of comments)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by FTeik, Jul 15, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pelranius

Pelranius Jedi Master star 5

Apr 25, 2003
    Sure hope the NRI is getting sloppy...

Will post more comphrehensively soon!

Now that's the way to fight the rebs!

2. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    3 new Star Dreadnoughts being built at the minute? Just imagine what Lucan will do if/when he gets his hands on those beauties.

3. FTeik

FTeik Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 7, 2000
    @Spike2002:

Obviously you already forgot this part from the update of 5/12:

4. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    [face_laugh] Alcohol is bad for the memory :p

5. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    Expect an update ...

...now.[face_dancing]

6. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    I know i should be updating the "Colliding of Empires"-story, but since things are going more smoothly here ...;)

Warning, this chapter gets a little hot towards the end.@};-

The Tale of Darth Vader's Son

Alois Maghan entered the spacious suite located two levels below the bridge, that was his home aboard the "IronDuke". Passing the mostly empty foreroom he walked into the once luxuriously furnished living-area. Say about Allegiance-Class Star Cruisers what you want, but the housing they provided for the Captains or Admirals aboard was excellent. Simple, but elegant carpets covering the floor, fine woodwork and spaces for paintings at the walls, large dining-desks surrounded by comfortable chairs for the Captain's officers or guests, a library-section and all the other things, that would make a human being feel comfortable.

Alois Maghan had no use for such things. Grown up in the slums surrounding one of the spaceports on Mundisbellum, where he had earned his living at the docks carrying goods offboard or onboard of freighters since the age of ten Alois Maghan had been short on personal property for most of his live. And while the large room wasn't empty, Maghan had done some re-decorating since he had taken over the suite.

Now the walls were covered with displays and maps showing images of historical battles. Battles on different worlds, fought by different species with different equipment. Each display and map was accompanied by a comment of the battle, explaining what had happened and why. Battles on the ground, on the water and in space. Activated the displays would show, how the battle had gone, from the first marching up of the troops, the first sightings the opponents had of each other, the skirmishes at the beginning until the battle was finally over. Often Maghan would pick out a certain section of a battle and study it, changing a detail here or there and letting the battle progress from there in a different way than it had done in reality. Placing himself into the role of the leader of one side (usually the one, that had lost) and "fighting" against a computer, who had been feed with everything to know about the enemy and his commander, his strenghts and character. Maghan had also added his own comments.

While the walls were reserved to battles the floor was devoted to games. Not games of chance, but strategy-games. Small, but high desks and displays for the games of dozens, if not hundreds of worlds and equaly many species. Dejarik, Master's Dejarik, FieldCommander, all the classical strategy-games. Absent were the more modern games, since Alois Maghan considered them entertainment and not education.

Finally a large working desk dominated the side of the room opposite to the foreroom, but for now Maghan ignored it. Making sure, that nobody could enter his quaters in a short amount of time and without making a lot of noise the tall Commodore started to take off his uniform. First the cap, which was followed by the grey tunic, then the protective piece of armor Maghan wore below the tunic, boots, trowsers and finally the underwear. Seconds later he stood under a hot shower.

---

The angry glow of a crimson blade illuminated the otherwise dimmly lit room and the air was filled with the malicious, buzzing sound of a lightsaber. Miney stood in the classical ready-position, waiting for the attack, that was to come. The whole body of the young female was trembling with anticipation, for she had been trained to act, to attack, to have the initiative and not to wait and let the enemy come to her.

But - as her Master had explained to her more than once - sometimes patience was a virtue and waiting the only thing one could do. At least it gave you the time to consider your options and rethink your strategy. An amused smile appeared on the face of the red-skinned Zabrak-girl as she wondered, if her Master was always able to follow his own advice. As careful and methodical Lucan Vader usually was, there were times when he followed his instincts against all logic or

7. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Interesting. Miney could grow up to be a formidable opponent of the Jedi. She's also very loyal to her master...overly so. It could be her weakness.

8. Pelranius

Apr 25, 2003
    Hurrah! Another post!

Miney could be quite trouble for the Jedi, trouble on the level of Grevious trouble.

Speaking of Grevious, were we the readers supposed to be reminded of Grevious by that training droid (you, four lightsabers and such)

Maghan, now he's an proper Imperial officer!

Somehow, I think the "Squidhead's" career is far from finished.

Personally, I think that Maghan should have ordered several more civilian periodicals, just to throw off any spies. Just a thought, mind ya.

Great work!

9. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    Miney: Very loyal or insanely devoted - who knows how something like this ends.@};- [face_love] @};- Especially if her feelings aren't returned. [face_frustrated] :mad: [face_frustrated]

And yes, i made this parallel to ROTS and Grievous on purpose. There will be others from the movies and the other EU, so keep your eyes open.

Nobody commented on Maghan's appearance or a special piece of clothing in his wardrobe. Nor did anybody comment on Lucan's method to punish his apprentice. I'm a little disappointed.

Perhaps the posts are to long for those little things to be noticed and to be remembered.

I'm considering to make smaller updates in the future to make the "digestation" easier and to increase the frequency of postings, the question is, would this be alright with you or do you like things as they are?

10. Pelranius

Apr 25, 2003
    I thought Maghan looked a bit like an Iridonian, but I assumed he was human.

The clothing bit... I admit I'm confounded on that one. I noticed it on the third read, but I couldn't figure out any legit SW relation to it (I actually spent an hour sifting through Wikipedia! Thank you very much, thank you very much, Mr. FTeik!!!!"

Whatever's best for you, my friend.

*goes off to ponder the clothing bit*

11. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    You might want to compare Maghan to these two gentlemen:

http://www.theforce.net/swtc/Pix/comics/totj/sithbred.jpg

You have to combine it with a piece of dialoge from the last update - or ask yourself, what kind of imperial officer wears white.

12. Pelranius

Apr 25, 2003
    Oh...

Iridonians... I mean Zabraks.

Maghan's possible heritage... I'm too PT focused at the moment.

That clothing... I was more focused on the size (I assumed too large) and ran off in that direction instead of focusing on the color..... (Very stupid, stupid Pelranius!)

I'll go read the crossover. I'm afraid I'm not very familar with Perry Rhodan, though.

13. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000

The tale of Darth Vader's Son

"Unidentified ship, this is Altraz-control. Identify yourself and stay your intentions." came the harsh voice out of the com-system.

"This is the NewRepublic transport "Danaer's Gift". Transmitting Authorisation-code now." Miney stated unimpressed. With the pressing of a button the code was on its way and the young woman gripped the control-stick of the helm tight. If the code wasn't accepted because it was outdated or simply wrong the "Danaer's Gift" better hurried to get back into hyperspace. The seconds stretched to eons.

"Authorisation confirmed, Danaer's Gift". Welcome to Altraz." came finally the response from Altraz-control. The voice on the other end of the link was suddenly much more friendly and exactly that raised Miney's suspicions. "If you transfer helm-control to us, you can lean back, while we guide you in. Enjoy the flight."

"Negative." answered the Sith-Apprentice. "Transports of the NRI can't transfer helm-control. At least not the pilots." The young woman grinned, satified, that she had evaded the trap laid out for her. "But you already know that, don't you?"

"Correct." came the answer from Altraz-control. "You can't be careful enough. Our security-systems have more holes than a Hutt has slime-pores these days."

"And here i thought our authorisation-code was authentic." Miney stated.

"It was. It just isn't the most recent code and it is not one with the highest clearance."

"No problem. We're not here for one of the high-importance cases."

"Maybe, but you have to identify yourself again, once you are down. Standard procedure for every case. Even for those that are not - how did you say - high-importance."

"Don't worry, Altraz-control, i'll survive it." Miney let her answer be followed by light laughter. "Now the sooner you provide us with a homing-beacon and the landing coordinates, the sooner we can convince you of our genuine intentions."

A moment later they got the coordinates and Miney transfered the controls to Giswad. While she went through her last preperations she considered the contents of her conversation with Altraz-control.

The ability to control starships by remote had a lot of advantages. It allowed the pilots and controllers of the large space-ports and inside the hangars of the large warships to coordinate the traffic and movements of countless spaceships, reduced accidents, supported inexperienced or otherwise impeded pilots, but like every system developed to make things easier for people it had its backsides. To prevent abuse the remote-controls of a ship were secured with codes. Before entrusting his ship to the guidence-systems of a spaceport or larger ship a pilot had to transmit the access-code to his helm-controls.

Transporters of the Intelligence-Agency of the NewRepublic lacked those systems. To be more precise, they weren't entrusted to the pilots of the vessels in question. Aside from tracking-devices it was another measure to prevent the transfer of control to parties, that shouldn't get it and to allow the NRI to get the control over its vessels back, should hostiles or deserting pilots try to get away. The offer from Altraz-control to guide the "Danaer's Gift" in had been a trap. If Miney and her ship were genuine they COULDN'T transfer control. Thanks to a very thorough preperation about the working of the NRI Miney had known about this, so she had been able to give the right answers.

Interesting was the question WHY Altraz-control hadn't been satisfied with the authorisation-code alone. The controller had mentioned holes in the securiry-systems. Now was this just the opinion of a single operative or part of the professional attitude of the NRI? The Rebel-Alliance had been a small group by comparison, an organisation difficult to infiltrate with its members always on the run and motivated by their hate and always forced to look over their shoulders. Now, almost ten years after the battle of Endor, the NewRepublic as successor of the Rebel-Alliance was a state governing thousands of worlds with qui

14. Pelranius

Apr 25, 2003
    Hmmm, figures like the NR rats to have such a place. Wonder if Lucan could leak its existence after Minnie's through.

Did Luke rat on Minnie?

Now I suppose you've spent to much time developing Minnie to just throw her away know, I suppose?

15. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Oh? I hope we get to see a fight.

16. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    I started a short story over Christmas with the intention to have it i finished at NewYear. That didn't worked as planned, but you can read the first chapter here:

http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=22758760&brd=10476

Hope you like it.

17. Darth_Abtranor

Darth_Abtranor Jedi Youngling star 1

May 30, 2005
    Hi! I just found this story a little while ago, but didn't want to post anything till I finished it (what there is so far anyway-reading it took a long time. Not that I mind, of course.)UP!!!:D

18. Darth_Abtranor

May 30, 2005
  19. Lord_Redav

Lord_Redav Jedi Master star 1

Apr 29, 2005
    Another new reader here, F'Teik. It seems as though that your story has attracted quite a few sith lords. But what bothers me is is Lucan REALLY Vader's son or is he just adoptive? Because I really don't see Vader getting involved with another woman even if Amidala's dead. And that new post of Minnie. Can we look forward to another battle in the next post? Update quickly! This and Union, if you can.

20. Darth_Abtranor

May 30, 2005

I was just wondering if Amidala was even involved with vader in this story.[face_thinking]must think on this...

21. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    When i start to write a story i usually have all the major plot-points and connections between them already made up.

I also try to include as much as possible from already established official material. The problem with this is, that i only include, what is already known and published, so what happens in later (younger) sources doesn't fit anymore.

For example i started writing the Union-story after TPM, but before AotC. As a consequence Padme Amidala Naberrie will still be queen of Naboo in that story when she and Anakin come together as adults. We also don't have Count Dooku or droid-armies fighting clones made for the Republic.

In this story we'll get a different approach to the raid on the Jedi-temple (i think you will like that), the reasons why Padme never appeared in the OT or the extent of Vader's injuries.

To answer Lord Redav's question, Lucan is Darth Vader's biological son. How he will be concieved and with whom will be answered in a future update.

22. Darth_Abtranor

May 30, 2005
    A post? Please...[face_praying]

23. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    Not until this is finished:

http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=22758760&brd=10476

Please understand, after more than three years working on three mega-epics without an end in sight i need a break. A break and a story, where i can see the conclusion of it.

24. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    Well, Pride's Prize is finished.
    Its been a while, but here is the next part of

The tale of Darth Vader's Son

"I have to admit, you're the last person i expected to see within the walls of our humble facility, Master Skywalker."

"May i ask why, Director Yush?" Luke Skywalker answered. Leaning back in his chair, his hands put on his knees he tried to look as un-intimidating as possible.

"You're Luke Skywalker. The Jedi-Master Luke Skywalker. And with the war against the empire heating up again i would have thought somebody like you would have better things to do than looking after already sentenced and imprisoned criminals." Yeen Yush explained.

"What makes you think i came for one of the criminals? What if i wanted to have a look at the people in protective custody?" he asked politely.

"No matter what kind of rumor you might have heard, i assure you, that those people are well-treated." the Sullustan Director of Altraz said defensivly.

Luke Skywalker kept his expression neutral, as he regarded Yush. The director was speaking the truth, that much his experience with non-human species as well as the Force told him.

"I would hope so. Having these people imprisoned - and they are imprisoned, no matter what euphemistic term we use officially - is against the spirit and principles of the Rebel-Alliance and the New Republic."

Yeen Yush shook his slender shoulders in resignation. "No ideal, no matter how noble, survives contact with reality completely unscatched. We are still at war. If one of those men or women uses his right of self-determination and free speech to speak against us out of hundred listeners seventy might ignore them, twenty-five might stop even their passive support and the remaining five might be tempted to act. We can't afford that." The director was silent for a moment. If each of the persons put into protective custody would have only reached hundred people, the NewRepublic wouldn't have seen itself forced to act the way it had. But with most of these people belonging to the elite of their worlds and easy access to the mass-media or access of the mass-media to them ... .

"Besides, some of those people really were in danger." Yeen Yush added after a few moments, as if to console his conscience.

Luke nodded in understanding, satisfied, that the being responsible for Altraz was aware of the difficult situation and the moral dilemma the NewRepublic had gotten itself into. The naive farm-boy he had been less than twenty years ago would have been shocked at the idea, that a government claiming to stand for freedom and self-determination would use such practices. He also knew, that the next question of his past innocent self would have been, how people could disagree so much, that some of them could be imprisoned and still be good.

What did you do with a politican, who really believed after the oppression of the empire, that his world should be independant from any kind of large, galaxy-wide operating government, if you needed his planet? What did you do with a popular artist, who spoke against the NewRepublic, because it had to many flaws for his or her taste? What did you do with a person, that had lead a normal life under the empire, but who or somebody he had been close to had come into the cross-fire between Alliance and Empire and blamed the Alliance for it?

The Jedi-Master of thirty-five years knew better. Or perhaps he didn't knew better, but at least understood, that the world was more complicated, than an eighteen year old peasant could know.

"How many are there?" he asked, because the silence became unbearable.

"In total or in this facilitiy alone?" Director Yush asked back, playing for time.

"Both."

"Six million in total. Fortunately only few, considering the numbers of worlds and populations out there. In this facility we have fifty-thousand."

"Fifty-thousand in addition to the criminals?" Luke asked in astonishment. "You have to forgive me, but from outside your complex doesn't look large enough to house so many people."

A humorless smi

25. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Hmm. Force-using prisoner...

...there are so many bad guys that I can think of.

'Course it won't matter if the Sith Apprentice gets there first. Either the prisoner is dead, or about to escape.

Excellent FTeik. Good to see you back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.