main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Tsavong Lah Fan Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by JEDI-SOLO, May 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    Who else likes him? I do I think he is a very cool character. Even though he is a bad guy. I hope he doesn't get killed and maybe if it goes this way will be put in an "Vong Remeant" so to speak. I think his character hasn't reached his full potential yet. Anyone else ?

2. JediMaster21

JediMaster21 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 13, 2002
    is there any cats around??

3. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Come again?

4. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Am I the only one who likes this guy?

5. Lady_Tahiri

Lady_Tahiri Jedi Master star 4

Dec 23, 2001
    Yes, Tsavong Lah is cool! :) In fact, now that you mention it, I'm starting to wonder why no one's made a Nom Anor fan club ... ;)

6. Fire_Ice_Death

Fire_Ice_Death Force Ghost star 7

Feb 15, 2001
    Hmm...Nom Anor is too.....self-serving to be liked.

7. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Well go ahead and make it! ;)

8. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Guys I am begining to lose hope. ;) It would seem I am the only Tsa fan. :(

9. El-Elyon

El-Elyon Jedi Grand Master star 2

Feb 27, 2002
    Who's Tsavong Lah ?[face_plain]

10. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    HA Very funny E_E! ;)

11. _Zap_

_Zap_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 28, 2002
    i'd like tsavong lah but he is a vong and the vong killed anakin :_| so i can't like him

12. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Yeah that is -1 point for Lah! ;)

13. Groovy_Ssi-Ruuvi

Groovy_Ssi-Ruuvi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    I could have sworn I posted on this thread last night. Oh well...

I'm actually a very big fan of Tsavong Lah. After YVH-11A, the Warmaster is my favorite new character introduced in the NJO. (Not such a big fan of Nom Anor.)

I'm so far impressed with the way the authors have treated him, and especially managed to get inside his mindset to develope a character whose pathology is vastly different from most humans. I hope they continue to do good things (sort of) with Lah in the NJO, especially as the plot revolving around his tainted artificial limb, the fate of Viqi Shesh, and the ultimate defeat of his forces all begin to draw closer to their inevitable conclusion.

14. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Yeah I just hope he won't die! I bought the New Esstienal Guide yesterday and it has a pretty cool pic of Tsa!

15. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    He's a bad guy, but he's a cool bad guy. :D
    I made an icon out of the picture of Tsavong Lah from the new Essential Guide. If anyone wants to request it be uploaded, you can do so in the Custom Icon Submission thread. :)

Oh, and you can see the icon on this page. ;)

~*~Bria

16. Noghri_1

Noghri_1 Jedi Youngling

Apr 13, 2002
    Waa-Zup J-S?

Tsavong Lah is definitely cool. But, be that as it may, HE MUST DIE!!!

And if you're really lucky, Anikin will return and wack the bag o' bantha fodder himself.

17. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    Ever since I was introduced to Tsavang Lah, I loved him, though not literally, of course. ;)
    I found him to be cunning, wise, and intriguing. What I found most intriguing was how he didn't kill Seef in Star by Star. Rather than slaying her for stealing a peek at his y'know what, he offered her a chance to make up for the offense, by going to his private chambers and...y'know.
    I thought it was very strange of him to do so. I mean, the Yuuzhan Vong have this image of being "big, bad, and evil", but what Tsavang did showed compassion and sympathy. I hope that Seef isn't tossed away. I would like to see him and her have a romance. :)

As for Nom Anor, I hope Luke tears him apart. :D

18. teri

teri Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 13, 1999
    I'd like to see the Vong kill more of the heros, like leia, imagine Solos reaction?
    beside he'd be getting to old, and they gotta die someday don't they?

19. Lady_Tahiri

Lady_Tahiri Jedi Master star 4

Dec 23, 2001
    Wow Valyn, a little overimaginitive thinking there huh? Anyways Tsavong and and evil Vong in general are very cool. Now Nom Anor, he's just downright funny! [face_laugh]

Kill the Solos? Never! That's mean. :_|

20. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    Lady Tahiri: "Wow Valyn, a little overimaginitive thinking there huh?"

Well, I just think that we should be given more insight in regards to the Yuuzhan Vong way of life. Sure, we know that they love pain, that they are warriors and religious, but we haven't really seen how the individual Yuuzhan Vong thinks (with the exception of a select few--namely, Nom Anor). We haven't seen much that detracts from their "evil" persona.

What Vua Rapuung did for Anakin in Conquest, and what Tsavang Lah did for Seef in Star by Star are a couple of the few examples that the Yuuzhan Vong are more than just your average, every day bad guy. There's more to them. They have a sense of virtue and perhaps compassion, as well.

I want to see more of the "human" qualities that the Yuuzhan Vong possess. :)

21. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Yes yes Valyn is getting somewhere! Tsavong Lah is the only Vong to show more human traits.
    Have you ever seen any other Vong be happy to see a family member? No, he is the only one that I have known to do that. He called Culzkang Lah Father. Every other Vong has simply said their family is part of their Domain.
    Plus the deal with Seef yes. I think they have great plans for Tsavong. Hopefully he will see the light!

22. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    Jedi Solo: "Tsavong Lah is the only Vong to show more human traits."

Well, Vua Rapuung and his former Shaper lover showed human traits, as well. The Shaper was engraged that her lover ended the relationship. And like some human women, she wanted him to suffer for hurting her.
    Rapuung showed a sense of honor and loyalty when he gave his life for Anakin's.

Nom Anor, too, shows the human characteristic of being overly concerned with self-preservation. He seems like the "used cars' salesman" of the Yuuzhan Vong, in my opinion. ;)

What I'm getting at is that the Yuuzhan Vong, for the most part, have been stereotyped as a brutal race that feeds off of brutal pleasure. But when the writers focus on individual Yuuzhan Vong, like Tsavang Lah, Vua Rapuung, Shadao Shai, or Nom Anor, we see that "big, bad, and evil" is really just a stereotype.
    Tsavang and Nom are nothing alike. Vua and Nom are nothing alike.

Hmm...we should start one of those "To Del Rey/Lucasfilm" threads about wanting to see the "human" side of the Yuuzhan Vong. :D

"Plus the deal with Seef yes. I think they have great plans for Tsavong."

If they don't throw Seef into EU Limbo. :(

23. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    AWWWWW!!!! How could I forget about Vuuapng(sp)!!

24. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Aw come on I know you people like this bad guy!

25. Jace_Halycron

Jace_Halycron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2001
    Warmaster Tsavong Lah is undoubtedly the greatest of all Star Wars villans, unsurpassed even by the likes of Palpatine, IMO.

This guy could be the one who goes all the way, and brings the galaxy to their knees. [face_devil]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.