main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The "Ultimate Weapon"?

Discussion in 'Archive: Episode IV: Spoilers Allowed' started by Blood_of_Yoda, Mar 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blood_of_Yoda

Blood_of_Yoda Jedi Youngling

Jun 11, 2002
    I've seen it mentioned in a few threds and thought a thread for it might be good. Lock it if not [face_peace]

anyway, what do you think will the "ultimate weapon" seen in AotC (as hologram) and at the end of ROTS be? Some say it will be a huge bomb. I don't think it's a space bomb, that would be an awful waste, considering how big it seems.

Maybe it will be like that Simpsons episode where Mr. Burns blocked out the sun. It did look like the size of a small moon, so they could create very long sun eclipses. Any scientists here who can tell us what that would do to a planet? Make it really cold? :p

Speculate away! :)

2. TheBoogieMan

TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 14, 2001
    It's a box-office bomb. I thought everyone knew that.

3. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    Maybe it's a really big ship with lots of lasers and stuff.

4. Blood_of_Yoda

Blood_of_Yoda Jedi Youngling

Jun 11, 2002
    [face_plain]

Oh, I like that! Like a very big fat boss on hard difficulty in a game like space invaders :D

5. Palpy560

Palpy560 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 11, 2005
    Dude it's probably something that creates worlds. Imagine it if you can. Palpatine will create worlds that he can make into the Utopia or Master Race worlds for him to rule over. The rest of the Galaxy will be enslaved.

There's no way it's a big ship. It's TOO big to be a ship. :rolleyes:

6. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    They're constructing a golf ball for Mega-Maid.

7. DarthAttorney

DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 8, 2000
    Pieces of dialoguge that I've seen indicate that Darth Vader says the following midway through the course of the film:

"The power to destroy a planet is insignificant to the power of the Force."

I'd suggest that the "ultimate weapon" is, in fact, the power of the Force as weiled by Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader to achieve his ends.
    Take that as you will.

:)

8. Emerald_Tides

Emerald_Tides Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2006
    It almost looks like a super-size version of the Trade Federation battleships....

9. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    I think it's one of those themal detonators Leia was holding in RotJ--just a really scary and bad one. The Emperor probably has Vader throw it at people and then everybody vaporizes or something.

10. Emerald_Tides

Emerald_Tides Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2006
    Are you on crack?? Do you mean ROTS? Wt* is ROTJ??? And Leia is a baby...I did'nt see her hold anything in the movie...what is wrong with you??

Careful with the abbreviations.

11. Palpy560

Feb 11, 2005
    It's probably just a typeo.
    I'm sure you meant that it looks like one of those hair brushes that Padme was holding in ROTS. But a REALLY round one. [face_peace]

12. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    Maybe it's really made to block the sun. I read in abook once that then there will be another ice age or something. But I wonder how long the weapon will have to stay in orbit than, and doesn't the effect wear off, if it leaves?
    That would be not very well thought out, IMO.
    Maybe it can use some kind of microwaves and everything on the plante gets fried alive or something. Like all oceans dried out, all ground turned into glass, really bad.
    If it killed only living things, I don't think you can say it destroyed the planet.

13. Palpy560

Feb 11, 2005

Yeah, maybe Palpatine kills off people and then re-colonizes the worlds with Sith Troopers. (Clones with Sith Powers)

14. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    That cannot be Palpy. It is said that the planet is destroyed.
    You cannot recolonized it then.
    Maybr the weapon changes the structure of the plaet and turns it into a ball of lava. If they did that to Alderaan, they'd have a nice spot for the ending duel.
    Very symbolic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.