main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Official NFL Discussion Thread (Now Featuring Time's Person of the Year, Taylor Swift!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I had thought that they said a while back that he wasn't playing.

I saw that they did mention the Black Out during our broadcast, but I doubt ESPN or anything will. If we were a coastal city or Chicago of course they would care.

2. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    No, all the other QB's who were injured (Vick, Cutler with the concussions, Ben with the arm and the ribs) were offically ruled out. Evidently since Smith's concussion wasn't as bad as Vick's or Cutler's and his symptoms cleared pretty rapidly (he was cleared as early as Thursday for non - contact practice) the 49ers have been keeping it close to the vest as to whether he plays tomorrow or not.

3. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    So Gronkowski broke his arm during the final minutes of the 4th quarter. Guess the Pats shouldn't have tried to run up the score.

solojones and LloydChristmas like this.
  4. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I honestly was baffled why Brady played at all late in the game. They really want him to get hurt.

5. DT421

DT421 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2003
    I'm usually not one for wishing an injury on anyone, but... good. Karma can be a cold-hearted *****.

And I hope Belichik has the guts to stick around after Brady is gone, because I'm gonna love this someday when the Colts run the score up on him.

LloydChristmas likes this.
  6. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Reports indicate that Gronk has Natty Iced the injury and already assured league officials that this will not keep him out of the championship beer pong tournament Wednesday.

No one cares about Chicago.

LloydChristmas likes this.
  7. New_York_Jedi

New_York_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Mar 16, 2002
    Gronk broke his arm on a routine PAT and hadn't played the drive. Arguably they should have replaced him...but its a freaking PAT. It was a fluke injury.

It was weird Brady stayed in for that final drive, though. I noticed a lot more backups on both sides of the ball near the end, but Brady was a prominent exception.

8. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

This from the ESPN.com article on the game:

The Chiefs' once-raucous home venue was only about half-full most of the game, and a good portion of those who showed up were dressed in black -- a grass roots effort organized by fans who have been trying to pressure team ownership to clean out the front office.

Better than nothing I suppose. :p

solojones likes this.
  9. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  10. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    If it weren't for the Ditka news, I would argue that (for me), your first link would qualify as "Best. News. Ever." :)

But the coach takes it, definitely. Glad he's alright.

11. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Me too. Evidently he called in ESPN's Mike and Mike in the Morning. I wasn't able to catch it on the account of a doctor's appointment, but if he's able to do that, then it indeed, bodes well for his recovery.

12. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    So...Da Bears still suck. Torched by Colin Kaepernick, lol.

13. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    yea... that is pretty torched.

14. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  15. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    oh for... alex smith has been pretty freaking good this year. that's just silly.

Juliet316 likes this.
  16. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    The only team the Bears have beaten that currently has a winning record is the Colts. Every other time they've faced a winning team, they've lost. They're a soft-schedule wonder, and the back end of the season is not going to be kind to them.

17. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    so you mean they're like the year they made the super bowl with the gross man as their QB? shocking... isn't that like the trademark of a lovie smith lead team?

EDIT

after looking at it again, alex smith has a 70% completion percentage. you don't sit that down, i don't care what the other guy did. smith has a better arm than chad pennington did, and chad was only the most accurate QB ever.

18. DT421

DT421 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2003
    Yeah and go figure who the hell Sportcenter is just going on about this morning.

"OMGTHEBACKUPHADAGREATGAMEANDISTHEGREATESTQUARTERBACKEVVVAAARRRRRRR!!!!!!!11!!!!! HEMIGHTENDUPBEINGTHENEXTGREATESTMATTCASSELL!!!!!!1111!!"

19. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Yeah that's silly. It tells you that you have two good QBs. That definitely doesn't mean sitting your good starter. Might mean potential trades in the offseason.

20. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Yup. Saw that this morning before I went on my Thanksgiving shopping run. Mostly from Mr. Who know Who on First Take.

Oh and Ed Reed won his appeal to have his suspension reversed. Will still have to pay a $50,000 fine.

and Plaxico is a Steeler again.

21. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  22. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Cards naming a QB is like a death row prisoner picking a means of execution.

heels1785 and DarthTunick like this.
  23. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    On what planet are Alex Smith and Colin Kaepernick considered an embarrassment of riches?

Oh wait you root for the Chiefs. :p

DarthIntegral and Point Given like this.
  24. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    David DeCastro has started practicing with the Steelers. This only means good things for the line. Plus Ben has no sling today.

Darth McClain likes this.
  25. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    well, that would completely depend on if you think alex smith has finally "got it" or not now wouldn't it? :p