main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion The Vong or Legacy of the Force?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Jrebel87, Feb 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jrebel87

Jrebel87 Jedi Padawan

Feb 2, 2013
    So I have been thinking about the content for the upcoming episode 7, and I think it has to cover either the Yuuzhan Vong war or Jacen Solo's fall to darkness. For this movie not to be an epic slap to the face to the massive storyline that followed episode 6, what other option is there? My only worry is that the Vong war covered multiple books and would take probably at least 3 movies to cover. It would introduce a new enemy that those who haven't kept up with the series have never even heard of before. As for the movie covering Legacy of the Force, the storyline would be similar to the other Star Wars movies we have seen. Jacen Solo, hero of the Vong war, falls to darkness as a result of the pain and suffering he experienced at the hands of the Vong. What say you to this?

2. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    I believe there already is an EU thread...

3. Obi-Wan21

Obi-Wan21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    They've already confirmed it will be a unique story. Personally, I hope they remove both those series from continuity. The mess they made of the Solo family was insulting, and the Vong, that was just absurd, the retcons were foolish. We don't need another redemption arc, we don't even need Jacen.

DarthBreezy likes this.
  4. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    *Darth Sidious voice* "Wipe it out, all of it..." /*Darth Sidious voice*

No Vong, no Thrawn, no Mara - A NEW story, with new characters. The EU fans will always have their books, and those of us who *cough* actively dislike the EU can still be happy.

Count Yubnub likes this.
  5. Jrebel87

Jrebel87 Jedi Padawan

Feb 2, 2013
    Then what do we need? If we disregard the entire 60 year storyline that followed episode 6, then we basically say that it never happened even though it did. We can't include some of the 60 year history without including the rest. If we disregard Jacen then we disregard Jaina, Ben Skywalker, Anakin Solo, ect. The biggest mistake they can make with this movie is to alienate the millions of fans who have followed the storyline after episode 6. I agree that the Vong would be hard to make into a movie because it is just so much content. However, I am inclined to agree with other posters that a new Sith Lord would be exciting............as long as it doesn't disregard the post-episode 6 history as never happening.

6. Obi-Wan21

Aug 27, 2002
    Yes, I believe we should disregard all of it.

7. Jrebel87

Jrebel87 Jedi Padawan

Feb 2, 2013
    If they introduce new characters, don't they have to introduce Luke Skywalker as having a son? Its my guess that instead of having a 70 year old Jedi Grandmaster saving the day like he did in the last 3 episodes, they will have Luke probably die sometime in the film. If that happens, naturally they must have a younger Skywalker come in and save the day. If that turns out to be the case, why not have it be Ben Skywalker?

8. Jrebel87

Jrebel87 Jedi Padawan

Feb 2, 2013
    What would be your ideal Episode 7 storyline?

9. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    In the BOOKS it 'happened' - The EU will go the way of "Splinter of the Mind's Eye".

The EU is just someone else playing in GL's sandbox, and please don't give me the old 'EU is Canon' line of rope - in the end it's ALL just a group of stories. If you don't like it, don't watch it/read it - I'll lay you dollars to donuts that within a week someone with a video is going to make a short film where Leia goes to the 'fresher' because she hears the water running and finds Chewie there, and she proceeds to tell him about the horrible nightmare she had...

10. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    The EU is dead son, accept it. You'll always have the books to turn to but these new movies are going to create a new timeline.

11. Jrebel87

Jrebel87 Jedi Padawan

Feb 2, 2013
    HA HA I take it you aren't a big fan of the books?

12. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    Mine would be where some young people go on a quest to find the reclusive, 'crazy old wizard' known as Luke Skywalker... or something new.

I mean, how do we know that anyone outside of Leia, Han, Chewie and Luke know that L&L are brother and sister? The possibilities are endless...

And yes, I'm one of those 'If they start making casting announcements such as so-and so plays Mara/Thrawn/whomever' I'll save my 10$... Post Jedi EU has no appeal to me.

ETA: Not a fan of the books is putting it lightly - there are a couple of exceptions but they are few and far between, and a couple books I would only have in my house as fire starters.

13. Obi-Wan21

Aug 27, 2002
    My ideal storyline? I just want Chewbacca back, no Solo trinity of awful children, no Ben Skywalker. I want a female protagonist, Luke to have an only daughter, and she be the star. I want a unique story that doesn't involve another case of the force running out of balance. I want a non force villain who incites fear in the Jedi. I want Mandalorians. I want the Falcon destroyed as a sign of the end of an era.

14. Jrebel87

Jrebel87 Jedi Padawan

Feb 2, 2013
    I think Mandalorians would be cool. I also agree that the Falcon going out in a blaze of glory is almost needed. The only thing that worries me about a non force villain is the inevitable absence of thrilling lightsaber combat.

15. Obi-Wan21

Aug 27, 2002
    I acknowledge that my summary lacks lightsaber combat and that is a negative. I would accept a Jedi working as muscle for an ideal he/she believed in, but really just being used as a puppet for the non-force villain. I simply don't want more rehashes of this "balance" nonsense. The EU has already destroyed the concept, I don't want the movies to.

16. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    As JJ's old buddy Mccoy would say "He's dead, jim". Sorry but I dont think the EU will be used. I'm sorry to break this to you.

17. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I'd love to see the NJO in movie form but it will never happen

18. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Please use the EU thread at the top of the forum. Locking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.