main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Walking Dead: The TV Series

Discussion in 'Community' started by Juliet316 , Mar 12, 2012.

1. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    The comic thread is locked and I figured since the show is diverging a bit from what happens in the books, I'd create a thread here.

So who do you think will die in next weeks finale?

2. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    I really need to read the comics.. but I am loving this show. I had spoiled myself a bit for the comic having read the wikipedia entry... but I wasn't expecting last night to play out like it did. Amazing.

3. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Season 2 has been really solid. Season 1 was kinda meh for me.

I felt like the main drive of Season 1 should have been Rick finding his family, then that was over before it started. All the stuff at the CDC was just rubbish.

Season 2 has been slower in many ways, but thats allowed all its twists to have significance and meaning. Sophia's arc was brilliant and the last two weeks have been full of surprises. I'll keep watching.

4. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I really liked Season 1, but Season 2 did drag on for too long with the Sophia search arc (however they managed to recover with a gut punch twist that salvaged the momentum of the series) and it's been pretty good since.

5. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    In the comic Rick finds his family by the second issue. At least it was almost half of season 1 before he found them.

6. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    This last half of S2 has been just great. I got so tired of searching for Sophia after the 3rd week. I was happy she got killed after waiting that long to find her. BORING.

I would ev thought that Black guy and his son would helped Rick in S1 would have shown back up by now though? He is the guy Rick is "talking to/for" on the walkie. Do they show back up in the comics at all ever or were they never in it?

7. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, I was just thinking about that subplot the other day. Though didn't Rick essentially said "good luck and good bye" after he thought they'd be out of range at the end of Season 1?

8. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Awesome finale tonight. Can't wait for S3.

9. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Fun fact: Apparently Dale's RV on the show is the same make and model as the one that was used in the movie Spaceballs. So it's like a six degrees of seperation, Star Wars style.:-B :cool:

*mutters darn OPPM*

10. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    It sounds better until you consider that Season 1 was only 6 episodes.:p As for the comic I can't say I'm worried about that in the least. From all accounts they are making changes from it and that is one that in my opinion they should have seriously considered.

The season finale was up and down for me. The actual battle vs the zombie horde didn't work as well as I would have liked it to. Too many guns that don't need to be reloaded.:p

I also can't stand Lori now. She just zipped past Carl into that most annoying character spot. Shane tricked your husband out into the woods to try and kill him, and its pretty clear from Rick's description that only one of them was coming back from that. So now she's mad a Rick, even though she all but begged Rick to kill Shane a couple episodes back. Nice.

Seriously, someone tries to murder your husband and you get mad at your husband?

11. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Well just think, if they stay as close to the prison arc in S3 as it played out in the comics, Lori will die soon anyway.

12. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Season 2 just came out on Blu - Ray and DVD.

13. Blur

Blur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 1999
    Note - this is an edited version of a post I made on another board re: TWD:

Surprised this thread isn't more active. Anyway, I finally caught up with all of the episodes, after not seeing if for a while. Wow, what a truly amazing, incredible show! IMHO this is definitely one of the best shows currently on T.V., as well as of all time.

One of the many aspects I really like about the show is how different people react differently to the extreme stress/horror of the whole post-apocalyptic situation.

SPOILERS below, for people who haven't seen the whole series yet and/or read the comics, and want to be surprised:

I like how they have taken elements from the comics (the main characters, Rick's tension with Shane which ended with Shane's death, the prison storyline, the governor storyline, the woman leading around the two armless zombie's as "camouflage", etc.), while at the same time completely turning things around so that even fans of the comic are guessing as to what will happen next. For example, the Shane character died very early on (and differently) in the comic, whereas on the show he was kept on for quite some time. Also, the entire CDC sequence & the sequence with the group defending the people in the nursing home (both from Season 1) wasn't in the comic at all.

One of the most disturbing sequences on the show was when the child Sofia was revealed as a zombie - the scene when she walked out of the barn was truly horrific.
    I'm also currently re-reading the comic series, which is great as well. Not sure whether I like the comic or the show better.

Side-note: I'm also a huge fan of "Game of Thrones" (though that's another thread), and I like how they also use zombies in the storyline...

14. LandoThe CapeCalrissian

LandoThe CapeCalrissian Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2012
    the show stinks compared to the comics.

15. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
  16. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    Excited about the show starting up again. Never read the comics and never will, so this is all new to me.

17. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008

18. AAAAAH

AAAAAH Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    sucks

19. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005

20. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    lol it's a good thing we have ten mods.