main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Reference The Wish List

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by SirakRomar, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    I have been toying with creating a Battlestar Galactica type game for play in the NSWRPF. But it would be set on a different battlestar that escapes the destruction of the Colonies so that characters could do what they wanted without having to deal too much with what the show. I haven't done much with it because I didn't think there would be much interest on a star wars board.

2. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    I totally agreed. My NOIR was meant to be a bit like that, but it did not work out. I mean . . . I cancelled it, because I feel I am not ready for it yet. But I would join this without second thought if done right.

3. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    Another Mass effect game? Yes please! :D (totally has nothing to do with me bouncing off the walls waiting for my CE editon to arrive, no sir 8-} )

Of course would be nice to play through mass effect 3 first ;) . I was getting ideas about a game while playing the multiplayer demo. Will have to have a think about it

4. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    I want a serious Lovecraft game, by someone who actually ready the books and not only about them :)

5. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    The twist at the end is that the players are all african american now!

... Seriously, I love me some Lovecraft, but that story's twist was so horrendously racist it's kind of funny. Some good use of the mythos would be pretty fun, though.

6. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    mass effect mass effect mass effect

I am becoming rapidly obsessed with multiplayer and would totally play a squad-based game of some sort. 8-}

7. Livi-Wan

Livi-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Seconding Mass Effect. I need an ME roleplay like burning.

(and all my useless quarian headcanon has to be good for something)

8. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    Thirding Mass Effect. To say the least, I am intrigued thus far.

9. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    DID YOU PLAY THAT MISSION YET

YOU KNOW THAT ONE

HOW GOOD IS IT

/derail

10. Sir_Draco

Sir_Draco Jedi Master star 4

Aug 19, 2007
    Well both Winged and I seem to consider it (also I would like to play in one, so I might give him the first shot, if he wants to), so chances aren´t THAT bad we´ll see one soon. As I am about the only person in the world not yet beaten the game we´ll need to wait and see what could be a story of my game, if I end up doing it.

11. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    You know me.

Dinosaurs.

12. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Did you ever watch Dinoriders? That would actually be a pretty cool RPG.

[image=http://arrrr.com/dinoriders/dinowar-1.jpg]

13. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    I always found Dinosaurs are too visual to work in written form, I must confess. but that´s only me. Also I would love to see such a game, just to see what Dinosaur everybody chooses. :p

14. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    I thought a while back about a gritty Dino Riders reboot RP, BSG style, either following more or less the original story or picking it up a few generations down the line when they're still stuck in the past and losing their connection to their future technology.

15. TheSithGirly

TheSithGirly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2007
    I think it is well known this is not my "home-board" nowadays. But there is something I always loved about these boards and appreciated and which I miss. So my entry to the wishlist would actually be an accessible, big, open, newbie friendly Star Wars game. Something in the tradition of 128 ABY, AFAS and TORR is what we will need here, once newbies can come back online . . .

16. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Soon or later that one is hopefully gonna happen again. Once we can actually welcome new users. I am happy we don´t have one of those games, because if TORR taught us anything a break for two weeks is the death of such a thing.

But yes, to prosper I feel too, we might one of those once again. The problem is, obviously . . . you cannot plan them. They kinda happen. And I would not be totally surprised to learn, that our next one isn´t Star Wars related, actually.

17. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    Interesting point. I guess I feel the same way about a lot of fantasy and scifi elements, though - we read the [i}Star Wars[/i] novels, but then can't wait for that warfare book to come out so we can see what everything looks like.

18. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    I dunno, I think Michael Crichton would disagree about dinosaurs.

19. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    That´s true. Also not every Dino worked for me in Jurassic Park. But he was exceptionally skilled in visual writing. Maybe the best there is, which was always his great skill. He wrote movies for the head, really.

Then again, picutres might actually do the trick. Or even videos. See Game Master discussion going on right now. There are loads of those BBC docus, right? Bet some are on you tube.

20. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    I had an encyclopedic knowledge of dinosaurs when I was a kid, so for me images and all that aren't too necessary. I've got a small database in my head :p

Of course, that means I'll be the guy going, "Actually, what most people think of as a velociraptor is really a deinonychus. Raptors were small dinos, not much larger than a golden Labrador dog, if that." :p

21. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    So what you're saying is you want to GM a Jurassic Park RP for me to play? :p [face_dancing]

22. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
  23. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    [image=http://pete.com/files/photos/excellent-frog.jpg]

24. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    I wish for another attempt at a fast moving cinematic game, as long as I still got time for it. Star Wars, probably. Still our common ground here. Nobody trying something like that? Let´s hope the new boards come up fast!

25. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    Re-upping. Want D&D 3.5 game. Do not want to be DM of it. :D