main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends The Yerandra Incident (JA, Qui & Obi, vignette)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jennifer_Lyn, Apr 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jennifer_Lyn

Jennifer_Lyn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 8, 2005
    Title: The Yerandra Incident
    Author: Jennifer_Lyn
    Characters: Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan
    Genre: Drama
    Summary: yet another Jinn/Kenobi mission gone awry.
    Notes: DWB apparently goes on vacation on Thursdays and i wanted to try to get something vaguely mushy out and promised myself it would be over 500 words. oqidaun told me i could write mush as long as i included one key word. consider my oaths fulfilled.
    Disclaimer: Oh George, we all know it's yours.

A quiet wheezing was the only sound in the cramped cell. Cold stone reflected it around the room, amplifying it as it returned to the ears of the lone occupant of the space.

Laying as still as he could, Qui-Gon listened to the sound of his own breath and wondered how much longer it would take for the injuries to take their final toll on his body. Hope was still his as long as he was breathing and he clung to each wheeze with more strength than any normal man would be capable of in his situation. A Jedi understood the path he walked, the threat of death was common and something to be fought every step of the way.

It was supposed to be a simple mission, but as so often seemed to happen with him, things went bad quickly. His undercover investigations from within the terrorist organization currently holding the the Prince of Yerandra captive were exposed. When they found out who he was, his lightsaber was stripped from him and now he, too, was a hostage.

After starving him for a few days, the interrogations began. The Yerandran rebels were a ruthless bunch and powerful beings, standing a head taller than Qui-Gon. Their imposing presence would be enough to influence a lesser being to expose their darkest secrets. Yet, there was little for Qui-Gon to tell them, even if he had the will. Having never been in contact directly with the Yerandran government he knew nothing and they beat him for his ignorance.

Rolling onto his back, Qui-Gon thanked the Force that Obi-Wan was safely ensconced in the palace on Yerandra II, having been forced by his youthful appearance to take the safer mission. A small smile crossed the Jedi Master's face at the thought. It would be a few years yet before beings stopped judging the young Jedi by his looks instead of his actions.

A bright light flashed over his face as the durasteel door swung open. Wincing, Qui-Gon reached out weakly with the Force to sense this new presence. His captors had returned, two this time and he was surprised he when he could feel nothing from the smaller of the two, his face hidden beneath a hood.

"Matukai. Promptus ut sermo?" a sharp pain in Qui-Gon's stomach accompanied the request and he turned over to vomit. When he finished wretching, he shifted slowly to a sitting position.

"I've got nothing to tell you." he spat the words out through grated teeth. "Same as yesterday."

"Hrmph." came the reply. "Leave him a few more days. And take that tray back to the kitchens, no food for him. Maybe that'll loosen him up."

"Permissum nos adepto ex hic." said his hooded companion.

As the door was about to shut, the cloaked man turned back to the room, swiftly pulling his hood back and revealing a youthful face.

"I'll get you out of here soon, Master." he said softly, sending a comforting wave of Force energy toward his captive mentor before disappearing out the door.

Force, Obi-Wan. What are you doing here? Qui-Gon thought once the room was plunged back into darkness. Agitated that his charge chose to come in pursuit of him instead of staying put, he still could not help but gain strength from his renewed hope of rescue.

Closing his eyes and controlling his breathing as best he could, Qui-Gon reached into the Force to refocus his energies on healing his wounds. Unsure of how they were to make their escape, he knew he must be prepared to travel under his own power, at least for a short distance.

Much time went by and Qui-Gon began to become concerned. Trying to count the hours in the darkness of the cell was impossible, but he was sure at least a full day had passed since Obi-Wan's visit

2. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    [face_laugh]

Oh there needs to be more to that! Love the last line :D You need to give poor Qui some mush next!

3. Stella_Ripple

Stella_Ripple Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 29, 2005
    hmm, you had me scrolling down to check for more!
    killer last line! [face_laugh] loved it! i liked how it tied in with qui's earlier reflection of obi being on a safer mission b/c of his age. it was nice to see an enthusiastic rescuer- definately unlike the usual emotionally overwrought renunion!
    good job!

4. Kestrel_Kenobi

Kestrel_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 26, 2005
    JL - I have to agree and say that last line is wonderful :D ... I also loved...

It was supposed to be a simple mission, but as so often seemed to happen with him, things went bad quickly.

Don't they just! ;)

A lovely fic...hope this means you've got DWB on the run...

Great job! =D=

5. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    I hope there's more...great. Reminds me of Leia asking Luke if he wasn't a little short to be a stormtrooper.

6. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Oh bravo!!! =D= =D=

Thoroughly enjoyable, well not the whole Qui-Gon being injured and hurt, but his musing that Obi-Wan was stuck with beings thinking him too young to be of help[ on missions. Guess he showed them huh? :D :D

7. BrentusofGath

BrentusofGath Jedi Master star 4

Aug 12, 2005
    It was supposed to be a simple mission, but as so often seemed to happen with him, things went bad quickly.

Maybe he should consider a new line of work? [face_laugh]

The last line was great! =D= Really good. Usually in these kinds of stories it's Qui-Gon saving Obi, I like your take.

8. Lady_Snow_Kaguya

Lady_Snow_Kaguya Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2005

"Aren't you a little short for a Yerandran?" Princess Qui...[face_laugh] :gigglesnort: oh man.......theres an image I'm going to be thinking about for a while...XD

9. Fifilla

Fifilla Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2006
    Very nice!
    I hope you will continue this?!

10. obi_webb

obi_webb Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2005
    wonderful viggie! i actually liked the length of it and though i'd like to see it extended it's cool as it is. the way you ended it as you did. it makes it seem like it's just another day in the life of a jedi. even with qui being captured and tortured, it still is kinda just another day and just another mission. like the point of it wasn't the mission and the circumstances it was qui and his relationship with obi-wan.

fantastic job JL!=D=

11. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Awwwww, there's nothing like a good rescue. :D

12. Jennifer_Lyn

Jennifer_Lyn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 8, 2005
    wow! thanks for the responses everyone! i'm so glad you enjoyed this!

to those of you who asked, sorry, this is a little viggie and won't be continued, but i truly appreciate your willingness to read more!

i will say that i do write quite a bit of Obi and Qui so keep your eyes out for things like this in the future!

13. maychorian

maychorian Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    Short but very sweet! I enjoyed this little story very much. It feels complete as it is, though I look forward to reading more from you in the same vein. :D Keep it up!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.