main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

There Is Nothing Wrong With Your Television Set- Original Outer Limits

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Healer_Leona , Jan 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I am old enough to be able to clearly remember when this tv series first came on in 1963. My dad would watch anything scifi related so after dinner we all sat around the ungodly huge, yet terrible small screened television.

It was the first episode called Galaxy Being which was terribly frightening to 5 y/o and what I remember most is when the alien came out of the monitor I ran acreaming form the room with my dad laughing behind me.

Ahhh, good times. LOL [face_laugh]

Anyone here remember the original series?

2. DorkmanScott

DorkmanScott Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    I [face_love] Leona.

I loved all the Outer Limits stories. Of course I never saw them first run. :p But I spent an entire summer watching these in the afternoons on USA Network.

M. Scott

3. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    Oh yes. It's funny how scared I got as a little kid watching these things. Looking at them now I think the only explanation is the fuzzy black and white tv made it look better. ;) Did you ever see One Step beyond?

4. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Awww, gosh Dorkman. [face_blush] [:D]

I remember growing up with so many scifi shows, but this one still stands the test of time to me. We might be spoiled by CGI and all sorts of special effects, but a good story always rises above it.

Found a site with a number of episode guides.... damn I wish they had them all.

Outer Limits

Just looking through these makes me want to see them again. I'm sure they're out on DVD, I'll have to get them now. There's no pic of the Zanti Mistfits! They were so freaky!!!

Mariah, I do remember that show as well and loved it.

5. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    I only remember one episode of this show... and I think it was from the episodes made in the 90's. It was about this bloke who spotted one day that the Moon was looking much yellower than usual, and deduced from that that the Sun had gone supernova or something. He was the only one who knew. That's about all I remember. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.