main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

There must be some kind of way out of here

Discussion in 'Archive: State College, PA' started by Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn, Mar 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 23, 1999
    Said the Joker to the Thief

2. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    There's too much confusion

At least it's not a BSG reference.... :rolleyes:

3. Apollo

Apollo Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 11, 2006
    I can't get no relief.

4. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002
    I see a little silhouette...

5. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Sep 23, 1999
  6. pat-fett

pat-fett Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 17, 2001
    I hope Apollo didn't do anything drastic after hearing the recent news about BSG.

7. Apollo

Dec 11, 2006
    I did.

I dropped the ball and started slacking off and eating a lot and as a result I gained 5 stones.

8. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Sep 23, 1999
    Which recent news was that?

9. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    And 'stones'? 'the hell is that?

10. Apollo

Dec 11, 2006
    The news was that BSG is ending at the end of Season 4.

Don't exactly know what stones means. But Apollo mentioned he dropped half a stone (weight) in one of the episodes in early season 3.

11. pat-fett

pat-fett Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 17, 2001
    I guess I should have expected that answer. :p

I have mixed feeling about the whole thing. On the one hand I'm sad to see it go and on the other I'm glad Moore and Eick are ending the show on their terms. At least we get the movie Razor to help ease the loss. I also heard that the webisodes from season 3 will be expanded into a full episode for the DVDs.

12. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    Back on topic or I am locking this.

13. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Sep 23, 1999
    The stone is a unit of weight and mass. It is part of the Imperial system of weights and measures used in the British Isles, and formerly used in most Commonwealth countries. It is equal to 14 pounds avoirdupois, and to 6.35029318 kg.

Eight stone make a hundredweight in the Imperial system.

The plural form of stone is correctly stone, though stones is sometimes used, not usually by natives of the British Isles. The abbreviation is st.

Although no longer an official unit of measure, the stone remains widely used within the British Isles as a means of expressing human body weight. People in these countries normally describe themselves as weighing, for example, "11 stone 4" (11 stone and 4 pounds), rather than "72 kilogrammes" in most other countries, or "158 pounds" (the conventional way of expressing the same weight in the United States). Its widespread colloquial use may be compared to the persistence in the British Isles of other Imperial units like the foot, the inch, and the mile, despite these having been entirely or partly supplanted by metric measurements in official use (a similar usage persists in Canada, despite that country, unlike the USA, having converted to the metric system in the 1970s).

The official unit of body weight in medical and other contexts is the kilogramme. In official use, provision is usually made for the public to express body weight in either stone or kilogrammes. For example, on at least one National Health Service website both Imperial and metric units are used [3].

Outside the British Isles, stone may also be used to express body weight in casual contexts in other Commonwealth countries, particularly Australia and New Zealand.

Though not predominatly used in media, the Ultimate Fighting Championship weigh-ins on European based pay-per-view channels use this measurement to show the fighter's pre-fight weight.

Ok, back on topic now.

14. wesjanson1138

wesjanson1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2001
    Wow, what's going on in this place?

15. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Sep 23, 1999
    I am schooling everyone, what's it look like?

16. wesjanson1138

wesjanson1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2001
    It looks like I'm gonna have to jump...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.