main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

St. Lou, MO Third Meeting

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Tabee, Jul 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Tabee

Jedi_Tabee Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 6, 2001
    Ok all, we have had 2 meeting that were a ton of fun, we need one more teeny meeting to be official!

I don't know about you lot, but I want us to be official before I've been at the JC for a year! So, we have til Sept 6 to come up with a meeting idea and get together!

I do have some ideas, but since i live in Illinois, they are mostly Illinois based.

Ideas:
    1) Picnic at Long Acre Park in Belleville

2) Ice Skating/ Roller Skating at the numerous places that are available around here (the ice rink is in Belleville, Fun Spot is in Belleville, Funtown USA is in Pontoon Beach which is near Granite City)

3) Movie! No, I don't know what movie, and the only theaters I go to are the O'Fallon 15 (in O'Fallon) and St Clair 10 (in Fairview Heights)

4) Hiking at Pleasant Ridge Park in Fairview Heights. I suppose we could do that along with the picnic, but that's up to you.

5) Mall Meeting like our last two, we could meet up in a mall and just sit around. I suggest either St Clair Square in Belleville or Union Station in St Louis.

6) Zoo ok, yeah, that's in St Louis

7) Botanical Gardens also in St Louis

8) The Arch in St Louis, and hey, why not? it's there.

9) Arcade! I know you all were talking about one in St Louis, and I'm sorry, but I can't remember what it's called, but I do know there is one in the St Clair Square Mall.

10) Six Flags this ones a long shot, but it is nearby, so I thought I would mention it.

Transportation:
    This will probably be an issue, as many of you have noticed, I keep asking that meetings be planned near a metrolink station. This is simply because I dislike driving in St Louis.

If a meeting is planned away from a station, it would be appreciated if someone on that side of the river picked up those of us who used metrolink. This goes for meetings on the Missouri side and Illinois side.

For those who are brave enough to drive to the final destination, directions will be provided if needed. MapQuest is a beautiful thing.

Misc:
    All other ideas are welcome. So are opinions on where the meeting should be held.

Notes:
    I will be hunting down anyone I know of who lives in the St Louis area so we can get their opinions.

And Steph, I'm sorry if I'm stepping on your toes here, but I wanna be official!

2. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    "...but I wanna be official!"

I think I'm speaking for a lot of people when I say "It's about time." :D :D

3. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    I think the day St. Louis become official should be declared a national holiday. :D

Official at last, official at last,
    Thank the maker, we're official at last.

4. flying_fishi

flying_fishi Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 26, 2002
    As much as I wanna go, I can't :(

5. Princess_Robin

Princess_Robin Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 24, 2001
    and once we have a basic idea of what we are doing we can deside on a date...but me personally, I think Six Flags sounds like it could be a blast! :) But any of the othere ideas are peachy too

6. JediJeffro

JediJeffro Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 23, 2001
    Six Flags would be awesome, but expensive for those without season passes. Of course, that's not a problem for me. The problem for me is getting there. :p

Ice skating would be great, IMHO. USISC Fairview would be good for us based in Illinois.

7. Son_of_Suns

Son_of_Suns Jedi Grand Master

Mar 16, 2002
    Six Flags sounds good to me, though I'm willing to bet a lot of people wouldn't be able to, so any of the others could be fine too. I think this should be decided by the people who have trouble making meetings based on locations. Location isn't so much a problem for me as is scheduling.

8. Jedi_Tabee

Sep 6, 2001
    Location has been a bit of a sticking point.

Hopefully that part will get easier once we're official ;)

And yes, Six Flags sounds like a blast, but we have to be realistic. Not everyone will be either to A) afford it or B) get there. Although we could plan that as a "We've been official for a year party" ;)

Sebulba :p
    Jurist a holiday sounds like fun, think you can really get that done? ;) :p
    fishi even though you may not be able to go, feel free to offer ideas :)
    Son_of_Suns hopefully we can schedule a time when as many of us can go as possible :)

9. Jobo

Jobo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 14, 2000
    Will we decide at the meeting who our City Rep will be? And I will try to come, I promise, but I don't know if I can...
    _jOBO

10. Jedi_Tabee

Sep 6, 2001
    We'll work out what we need to do at the meeting after we plan it.

11. flying_fishi

Mar 26, 2002

I actually know very little about the area so... I have *zip* ideas ;) Lemme see what I can think of...

dammit! I was about to say "the beach" when I remembered St Louis doesn't have any beaches :p

12. JediJeffro

Jun 23, 2001
    Fishi, whereabouts in the area are you?

13. flying_fishi

Mar 26, 2002
    West COunty :)

14. JediJeffro

Jun 23, 2001
    Oh, sure, one of the few areas I'm NOT familiar with. :p

15. flying_fishi

Mar 26, 2002
    It's all a plot to make you look like a foooooooooool [face_mischief] :p

16. Jedi_Tabee

Sep 6, 2001
    Beach?

There's a beach.

It's called Carlyle Lake :)

17. flying_fishi

Mar 26, 2002
    Oh [face_blush]

I didn't know that.

18. dudeman

dudeman Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    i think that they all sound great, six flags might be a little hard because of cash for some people, but my step-mom has a bunch of tickets that say if someone has a season pass that we can get like, i think it was 12, people in for 12 bucks. i think that my help out a lot.

but any of them sound good to me.

ps
    its 12 bucks per person

19. JediJeffro

Jun 23, 2001
    Actually, those coupons expired about a week ago - I had a bunch that went unused. :mad:

20. dudeman

Jun 19, 2002
    o yea, i forgot about that. :(

21. NIBBOR11

NIBBOR11 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2002
    A picnic would be good. Saturday or Sunday, but what weekend. I already have one or two weekends booked for August. The zoo is also a good idea, since most people know where it is located. Better yet a picnic near the zoo.

22. Jedi_Tabee

Sep 6, 2001
    [face_laugh]

mix a couple together? a picnic near the zoo, then the zoo?

it sounds good to me, what does everyone else think?

23. Son_of_Suns

Son_of_Suns Jedi Grand Master

Mar 16, 2002
    The zoo/picnic sounds good to me. Then again, anything involving monkeys sounds good to me.

24. Jobo

Jobo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 14, 2000
    What the heck. Sure, I'll try and come :)
    _jOBO

25. dudeman

Jun 19, 2002
    i dont care, i think anywhere would work for most people. ive never been to a meeting so i dont know what goes on. i would need a little help there. but the picnic could work for me too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.