main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Asia This place went quiet ...

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by DarthXan318, Jul 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    Looks like I killed the forum. What's up with that? :p

Actually, I'm curious ... how many of us Asians are there here? Looks like they aren't many ... definitely not enough to set up a FF chapter. Kinda sad, really.

2. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine

Jedi_Humaira_Blaine Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 27, 2003
    Argh, I think I was quiet forever too. ;)

NOpe, we probably can't set up a FF chapter, Xan...but I guess the Asia FF ppl can still meet up here. :)

Who knows there might be more ppl from this area soon. :D

3. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002
    Yeah ...

Agh, Blaine, your colors confused the heck out of me for a moment. :p Those colors and icon remind me of ... someone. I don't remember now, but I think one mod used that at one point ...

*shrugs and heads off to bed*

4. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine

Apr 27, 2003
    ;)

I think you were reminded of JMT. :D

I love the Kiera icons but I never used them coz JMT was using them at the time and I didn't want to confuse anyone.

I don't think another mod is using this one so I thought I'd have a go.

As for the colour...yep I like to match the icons and colours too, so I chose this...and this is probably the combo JMT used then too. ;)

5. Enji

Enji Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 14, 2002
    Yeah, or at least something very similar... I was so confused at first, Pascha dear! [face_laugh]

But well, JMT is a mod no longer, so... :)

6. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    I've spent all my life (well, not quite) thinking that icon was Natalie Portman whenever I've seen it :oops:
    ........and I call myself a kiera Knightley fan [face_beatup]

A great choice of icon Pash, but I would say that wouldn't I ;)
    Nice colours too, very easy on the eye :D

7. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002
    LOL ... thought so. :p I wasn't sure at first, because JMT's used several color schemes in the past.

So ... how's life going for y'all?

8. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine

Apr 27, 2003
    [face_laugh]

Oh I have caused mass confusion?!? [face_devil] Goody! [face_mischief] :p

Heheh, well Nina I guess ou can rest assured I won't be using traffic light yellow or somink like that in my name tag... ;)

Xany, I'm doing all right. Just got back from my theory test for my driving license. I have to go collect the results in a few hours and then I'll know when my practical exam is. :)

How about you? :)

Yooo, Matt! :D Long time no speakie. ;)

Aww, thanks Matt...I like this colour coz it's not too pinky and it's still girlie all the same. Plus I love this icon too. :D

Hahaha, some Kiera fan, eh? [face_mischief] *nudge and wink*

But I guess that's why she made an excellent double for Natalie Portman in TPM. :cool: Although in this pic, it's definitely Kiera. :D

Edit:- Hmm, I wish we could have Clark icons for Halloween. Smallville cast memebers would make cool icons... :cool:

9. Enji

May 14, 2002
    I've heard that when Nat and Kiera were wearing makeup for Amidala in TPM even their mothers couldn't tell them apart... :D

10. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    I heard about that also. Must have been funny for Nat and Kiera. :p
    That girl from the "Whale Rider" movie is going to be the new queen, right?

Good luck with the driving license test Pash. :)

11. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine

Apr 27, 2003
    That's really cool, Nina. Wow...excellent casting I suppose. When I first saw TPM I got a little mixed up myself. ;)

Hey Pete! :D Thank you...guess what? ;) I passed the theory test this morning. 34 out of 40...heheh. :D

Practicals on Monday. :)

12. Enji

May 14, 2002
    Congrats girl! :D

I haven't gotten around to get a driver's license... cars are scary. ;) I've taken the theory course, but I never did the test. And I don't like driving, so I'll probably never get my license...

13. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    Congrats Pash. :)
    Though it seems like you guys take more tests. What is this theory test?
    We just have to take a road test, where we just drive around a little bit.

14. AmberStarbright

AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master star 7

Dec 20, 2002
    Congrats Pash :)

lol you didn't know it was Keira? Shame on you Matt :p
    Actually you probably be glad to know today I purchased Highlander 2 (special edition) I blame you for this :p

a theory test if it's like the one in the UK it's basically a multiple choice test to do with road signs and laws

15. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine

Apr 27, 2003
    Aww, thank you guys! [:D] for all. [face_love]

Would you belive I made a typo mistake there...I got 36 out of 40 not 34! ;) Hehehe, excitement I guess. :D

Jean, you got it...multiple choice questions all the way. :) Road signs and rules. :)

Pete, the driving part is on Monday...nervous coz I did it ages ago and I was not used to the car and I messed up a bit. This time I want to pass well. :)

Nina, I get nervous here coz Sri Lankan roads are nuts! If you can drive here, you can drive anywhere! ;) So they always say. :D

I will probably take the car out now...we have to go out for a lunch and I wil probably drive. :cool:

16. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    I like this colour coz it's not too pinky and it's still girlie all the same. Plus I love this icon too.

lol, that's exactly was I was going to say...oh, and the icon bit too ;)

Congratulations on your theory test pass, and Good luck with your driving test Pash :) :D
    **fingers crossed**
    On the plus side, you have the experience of doing a test before, so hopefully you will be better prepared mentally and more relaxed :cool:
    Oh, I was wondering Pash: Do you drive on the right or left side of the road in Sri Lanka??

It's good to know I'm not the only one that gets Nat and Keira confused, but I am a bit disappointed in myself for it :p
    When I look at the icon now though, it's pretty obvious really 8-}

I am blameless for your purchase of Highlander 2, I'm several thousand miles away remember :p
    I was considering getting that myself one day, but the R2 version is rubbish (not even widescreen format) and there are about 5 different R1 versions so I'm a bit confused ;)

17. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    lol this is the only one I have seen while over here but play doesn't have this version.

[image=http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00028G7IY.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg]
    This is the one I got, quite like it although at first the movie confused me with what was going on :p

18. Stridarious

Stridarious Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 27, 2002
    Hey there! :D I decided to stop on by and see what my little forum sister Pash was doing ;) . I hope she hasn't been causing you all problems... :p

19. Enji

May 14, 2002
    Yes she has, but we don't dare telling her, since she might ban us... :p

You'll keep quiet, won't you, Alex? *looks anxious*

20. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine

Apr 27, 2003
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Oh, Nina...you wicked wicked girl! LOL! [face_mischief]

Hmm, the banning idea sounds lovely, yes! [face_devil]

Alex, hey I see you dropped in at Asia/Africa. :D Nice to see you. :)

Matt I hope I will be confident this time too. :) I have practiced a lot and today I took the car out for a spin. :cool: My mom does make the famous "Pash, not like that", "Erm, what are you doing?" comments but I am improving. Heheh, mom has gotten pretty good so I guess it's why she gives me speeches. ;)

Oh and Matt, we drive on the left side of the road, just like you do in Britain. :D

Jean, imagine my shock when Matt said there was a Kiera/Nat mix up? ;) Aww, kidding Matt. :D

21. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    yay Pash you drive on the correct side ;)

22. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Argh, nice cover J. I have a feeling that is a brand new version that's just come out. I know the US had a 'Renegade Edition' (don't ask :p) before that.

Hi Alex, so what's it like being sister to Pash?? ;)

[face_laugh] @ nina. But Please don't ban her Pash, I will need to talk to her about Celebration 3 at some point ;)

I'm sure you will feel much better this time round Pash. I had plenty of those speeches too but I guess they were useful in the end ;)
    I had a feeling you drove on the left :D

Jean, imagine my shock when Matt said there was a Kiera/Nat mix up? Aww, kidding Matt.

Ah-well, I like them both so I don't feel too bad [face_love] ;)
    And I saw King Arthur yesterday and I didn't make the same mistake twice...it was definitely Keira Knightley and not Natalie Portman in the film, lol. I'll be writing you a review soon Pash :)

23. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    Yeah it's a very nice DVD ;)

What did you think of King Arthur? I saw it about 2 weeks back

24. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine

Apr 27, 2003
    Jean, hooray for all of us who drive on the correct side of the road! ;) Hmm, good think there aren't any Americans here. [face_mischief]

Hmm, Alex's answer should be most interesting. [face_devil]

Glad to hear I'm not the only one, Matt. I'll be so glad when I get my license then at least there won't be too many comments. But then again, in my family...you cannot really get away from it! [face_laugh]

Hahaha, I guess the fact that you like both Kiera and Nat is a bonus! :D

Oooh, yes, you must review Arthur for me, Matt. =D= Will you be postin it at the film review thread over at FF UK? :)

Jean, how was it? A girl's point of view? Nice story? Mushy rating? [face_love] Oh and how is Clive Owen? :D

Hmm, I think I will have to up our regular social thread after all! ;) We're all chatting away here. :D

25. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    lol wish Canada would drive on the correct side ;)

Sure I'll post it on the Kent forum stop clogging up the space here ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.