main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Top Ten Jedi/Sith Rankings

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by MasterXanatos, May 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MasterXanatos

MasterXanatos Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2005
    Now that the movies are over, the debate come in on who the best Jedi/Sith in the saga are. I based my list on lightsaber skills, because Yoda would have come at number one on Force ability. I'd like to see everyone's list. My list factors that:

. Obi-Wan beats a Sith (Darth Maul) as a padawan,General Grievous, and defeats Darth Vader in his prime.
    . Luke beat an old Vader,was nearly defeated by Sidious/Emperor
    . Mace Windu nearly beat Sidious/Emporer. Anakin stepped in to defeat him
    . All of my rankings are based on movie characters, nothing from Expanded Universe. They are also on lightsaber skills, not Force mastery
    . Yoda couldn't defeat Sidious/Emporer

1. Mace Windu
    2. Emperor
    3. Yoda
    4. Obi-Wan Kenobi
    5. Anakin Skywalker
    6. Darth Tyrannus
    7. Darth Maul
    8. General Grievous
    9. Luke Skywalker
    10.Qui-Gon Jinn

I'd like to see everyones rankings!

2. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    <<Yoda would have come at number one on Force ability>>

He would have been the most COMPLETE yes, but the best in ability? No. That's Anakin, he just didn't have the wisdom.

If you want to base it on saber skills, also I give a nod to Anakin since he controlled MOST of his duel with Obi-Wan, who's no sloutch himself. Anakin just let his own arrogance force him into a bad decision.

1)Anakin
    2)Yoda
    3)Sidious
    4)Luke
    5)Obi-Wan
    6)Windu
    7)Dooku
    8)Qui-Gon
    9)Maul

Grievous was not a Jedi/Sith and thus does not get ranked.

3. Malikail

Malikail Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2004
    i can't even rank yoda at number 2 as the list above this post does, i'd move him down at least 5 spots. He lost to sidious and fought a DRAW with dooku. no way he's that high on the list i like the rest, just move yoda to number 7 and bump the rest as appropriate to make room.

4. darkerside

darkerside Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 15, 2000
    1. Emperor
    2. Anakin Skywalker
    2. Yoda
    4. Mace Windu
    5. Darth Tyrannus
    6. Obi-Wan Kenobi
    7. Darth Maul
    8. Luke Skywalker
    9. Qui-Gon Jinn

1. Emperor Schooled everyone (it was his plan to lose to mace in order to turn anakin or else mace would have died as easy as the others)
    2. Anakin - cause he is the choosen one and schools dooku when obi could not (he loses to ob1 because he was a bit to overconfident and rushed)
    2. Yodas still awsome and is tied in my book with anakin
    4. MAce
    5. Tyranaus schools ob1 twice and beats anakin once
    6. Obi lost to dooku to many times
    7. Maul was pretty skilled to handle the double saber. (i still think he could have beaten ob1 if he dident play around with him at the end)
    8. Luke
    9. Qui-Gon
    10. i got no ten spot (general Grevious is a driod, so he does not make my list)

5. CloudofSulfur

CloudofSulfur Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 4, 2004
    Palpatine lost to Mace on purpose in ROTS so that Anakin would have to choose....

....face it....Mace sucks....

6. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer Jedi Youngling star 1

May 9, 2004
    His draw with Dooku was because Dooku ran like a girl....

He fought Sidious and realized he couldn't win. So unlike a certain idiot named Mace, he did what was necessary.

7. Kittles93

Kittles93 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 17, 2005
    yoda destroyed dooku. the only reason dooku lived is because yoda didn't want obi-wan and anakin to die.

yoda also showed more ability than sidious in my opinion when he took the lightning and shot it back at him.

8. DarthDischarge

DarthDischarge Jedi Youngling star 1

May 30, 2004
    YODA AND Mace are #1. The thing people dont realize is Yoda always fights real defensive and dosent seem to want to really hurt anyone. The only time ive ever seen him pissed he easily threw palps across the room like it was no biggie and palps wanted to run from him.

Did you see mace flair his nostrils like a freakin bull at palps when the locked sabers? Which mace won the lock pretty easy. Mace one bad mofo.

Anakin is #2 and his stupidity was he problem.

In saber dueling i think maul or dooku could both beat palps.....its obvious

9. MasterXanatos

May 20, 2005
    I should have put it as "Lightsaber users" instead of Jedi/Sith.

I didn't know that Sidious threw the fight, that changes the whole list. Was this in the book?

10. Runecrow

Runecrow Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 26, 2005
    1. Qui-Gon Jinn. Not only the coolest of the Jedi; he is the one who learned how to retain his consciousness after death. No one topped that- not even Yoda.

2. Obi-Wan Kenobi.
    3. Luke Skywalker.
    4. Yoda.
    5. Anakin Skywalker.
    6. Mace Windu.

11. Jedi_Historian

Jedi_Historian Jedi Youngling

Aug 16, 2000
    1. Mace Windu
    2. Yoda
    2. Sidious
    3. Anakin
    3. Obi-Wan Kenobi

Nuff said.

12. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer Jedi Youngling star 1

May 9, 2004
    Forget that being alive after you are dead crap. This is about fighting.

And in that regard it is Anakin, Sidious, and Yoda. Sidious so went rope a dope with Mace it wasn't funny.

13. GrUnT_HUNTER

GrUnT_HUNTER Jedi Youngling star 1

May 5, 2004
    Current rankings from the PT

1. Darth Sidious
    2. Yoda
    3. Mace Windu
    4. Obi-Wan Kenobi
    5. Count Dooku
    6. Anakin Skywalker (depends what mood hes in)
    7. Darth Maul (at time of death)
    8. Qui-Gon-Jinn (at time of death)
    9. Ki-Adi-Mundi
    10. Kit Fisto

14. Master_Bumpy

Master_Bumpy Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 9, 2001
    Evil_elF:

Agreed.

1)Anakin
    2)Yoda
    3)Sidious
    4)Luke
    5)Obi-Wan
    6)Windu
    7)Dooku
    8)Qui-Gon
    9)Maul

You can't rank based on "this guy beat that guy," because the outcome of each duel was based on the "will of the Force."

Anakin is the chosen one. He has to be #1.

Yoda couldn't kill Sidious. True. But you can't fault him for it - only chosen one could defeat Sidious.
    Plus, he's 800 + years old. Cut him some slack.

I might have swaped Luke/Obi-wan, but when you figure Luke did what he did with little training...

15. JosephKerr

JosephKerr Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2005
    Gotta show some love for Luke. With minimal training, he bests the worst villains in the galaxy. As for his force abilities, they are never shown beyond a few Gammorean chokes, but he is able to survive Palpatines most viscious lightning with no ill effects longer than anyone in the series. Even Vader dies after a few seconds of unconcentrated force. Gotta push Luke to the top.

1. Luke
    2. Palpatine
    3. Yoda
    4. Anakin
    5. Mace Windu
    6. Obi Wan
    7. Qui Gonn
    8. Kit Fisto (entirely for the dread locks)
    9. Darth Sidious
    10.Darth Maul

16. Master_Bumpy

Master_Bumpy Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 9, 2001
    The Force Lightning kills Vader because it shorts out his breathing mechanism. He suffocates.

17. Qu_Klaani

Qu_Klaani Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Such rankings are completly arbitary and this thread probably wont last long, but still:

1. Darth sidious: No one in the star wars saga can move like that, the guy fights like a snake or something, and he throws those senate pods like frisbees.
    2. Yoda: He hurled the most powerful sith ever through the air, and seemed to genuinely scare him, shame he just wasnt strong enough.
    3. Anakin/Darth Vader: A lot of this is heard but not seen, but he has undoubtedly be shown to be very powerful, especially considering his age, and despite his incredible injuries, hes still very powerful later in his life, though he could easily have become the most powerful jedi ever.
    4. Mace Windu: He gave Sidious a hard time, and can control lightning just as well as Yoda (though he seems to need a sabre to do it)
    5. Luke Skywalker: I mean Luke at the end of rotj here, the man who defeated Darth vader and dared to stand up to the Emperor. I have no doubt that later in life Luke became more powerful than even Yoda or Sidious.
    6. Dooku: He's damn good with the force, and an amazing swordsman, but Anakin owned him.
    7. Obi Wan: Best character in star wars, and hes awesome. I used to view him as a slightly above average jedi, but episode 3 made him one of the best of the best to me.
    8. Qui Gon: Hes a legend, simple as that, if he hadnt been so exhausted (ie if he'd been younger) Maul wouldnt have stood a chance.
    9. Ki Adi Mundi: He actually sensed something wrong, in the middle of charging unlike so many other jedi, and hes number 3 on the council for a reason.
    10. Darth Maul: An amazing lightsabre user, and incredibly acrobatic, but not really up to his potential by the time he died.

18. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    << I might have swaped Luke/Obi-wan, but when you figure Luke did what he did with little training...>>

Which is what gave Luke the edge over Obi-Wan based on the films. Had this included EU, Luke would be second only to Anakin.

19. Siths_Drink_Corona

Siths_Drink_Corona Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2005
    1. ok first of all...everyone here is totally overlooking the obvious. who is 100% in lightsaber fights??? Han Solo, thats who. he TOTALLY sliced that tauntaun in two like it was his little biotch. hands-down Han wins the #1 spot.
    2. ok this was a tough one, but i have to go with my 2nd character in KOTOR: Sith Lords, Darth Pez. He had a 35 strength, nuff said
    3. coming in at #3 is Obi-Wan. he's the bizomb. my mom and all her friends think the same, hes so the topic of their tea parties every week, and they know their SW hotties.
    4. this spot COULD have gone to Grievous if he wouldn't have gone out like a chump in ROTS. you see him tear some shiznit up in clone wars? thats the only thing that disappointed me in ROTS was him goin out like a lil' B. but at least it was to my #3 man OB-GYN Kenobi
    5. YODA suckaaaa. man for a hot little green guy he suuure can handle that big ol' lightsaber hes got. i chuckle everytime i see him grab his saber before he fights dooku in AOTC. hehe, silly yoda. Great blow this is.
    6. Darth Vader...Not Anakin, Just Darth. I bet you $100,000,000,000,000 Republic credits that vader got tooootally blitzed on Jager-bombs after he beat old ben kenobi in ANH
    7. Darth Maul, no explination needed.
    8. Joe....JOE MAMA!
    9. oh snaps i so got you on that last one
    10. Kit Fisto cuz he kinda had dreadlocks
    100,154. Me
    100,155. Dooku cuz he's the white wizard from lord of the rings and that trilogy is for nerds!

20. Black_sabre

Black_sabre Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2005
    Whos better then who is subjective to one thing..sampling in their prime...Thats like the old "WHos better, Mohammad Ali or Mike Tyson, in each of their primes...Pre-Jail; Cacious Clay would have pummeled Mike Tyson in his prime..That is why I have 2 entries for Kenobie and Anakin/Vader..different parts of their life

I put Yoda on top of the Heap for all of them..
    On equal terms straight up force/sabre duels, Yoda wins hands down...He does not leave combat until not until the baddies put others in danger and run away,(Dooku), or have reinforcements show up ( I believe Yoda sensed, or knew time was running out in his fight against the emporer before the clone soldiers showed up

1)Yoda
    2)Darth Sidious
    3)Anakin--Lost too Obi because of anger
    4)Mace Windu-agree, Emperorer lost on purpose
    5)Darth Tyrannus -
    6)Obi-Wan Kenobi(young) -
    7)Luke Skywalker(RotJ)-
    8)Darth Maul
    9)Obi-Wan(old)-Lost on Purpose in ANH to Vader
    10)Darth Vader
    11)Qui-Gon Jinn --good force powers, terrible fighter-

21. MasterXanatos

May 20, 2005
    I can't give Luke any props personnaly...

The only saber user he even beats in the movies is old man, slow mo Vader. And it's not as if he's that great with a lightsaber

22. ome

ome Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 2004
    go to supershadow...he has the list... [face_mischief]

23. Ticon_Jangett

Ticon_Jangett Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 14, 2005
    SnakeCharmer, that was sexist. I agree totally.
    I was wondering why Mace could beat Sidious and not Yoda. My theory has already been seconded, so mabye we're right.
    I also agree with Kittles93 and think Yoda should have won with Sidious. I have a theory on that too, perhaps the first blast, unexpected(don't ask me how) weakened Yoda. Or, the pretty farfetched one, is that Yoda was feeling weak from witnessing all the Jedi's deaths through the Force.

My rankings(Anakin would be higher if he wasn't evil or such a bastard; and, more importantly for this thread: intelligence. What to do and when to do it)
    1. Yoda
    2. Obi-Wan
    3. Darth Maul(fighting skill)
    4. Mace Windu
    5. Sidious
    6. Kit Fisto(see the Cestus Deception book, even though he got wasted by Sidious)
    7. Qui-Gon (he should be up higher but I don't feel like changing it, put him above Kit)
    8. Anakin Skywalker
    9. Count Dooku(he's still a girl)
    10.Ki Adi Mundi

P.S. Anakin is sweet, I just hate for being so damn weak. then trying to kill someone that looked like Padme'. Bastard.

24. LAFEUILLEDERABLE

LAFEUILLEDERABLE Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2005
    Personally I think it all comes down to the Mace vs Sidious duel. It all depends on whether Sidious was faking the entire fight or what, I thought he wasn't but 3 of my buddies thought he let Mace get him down. Sidious and Yoda were basically equals. If Sidious wasn't faking it, then Mace should be number 1. Anakin would have been the best and had all the potential, but he had sooo much less training and his arrogance hurt him. OWK is all heart and smarts and is defiantely top 5. I think you need two lists, Mace is either number 1 or number 4/5, depending on your view on his fight with Sidious. Anakin would have easily been number 1, but he lost half his body and a ton of his movement.

25. Scottr79

Scottr79 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 12, 2004
    I can't believe you mentioned "Super Shadow"...you should be banned for all of eternity. LOL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.