main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Traitor," by Matthew Woodring Stover [Del Ray, 2002]

Discussion in 'Archive: Literature Review Forum' started by Errant_Venture, Apr 10, 2005.

?

"Traitor" by Matthew Woodring Stover [Del Ray, 2002]

Poll closed Mar 25, 2012.
  1. 10 (Excellent)

69.7%
  2. 9

10.5%
  3. 8

3.3%
  4. 7

2.6%
  5. 6 (Average)

2.0%
  6. 5 (Average)

2.0%
  7. 4

1.3%
  8. 3

2.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1 (Poor)

6.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    "thats good because i trained the man who killed him"

classic obi-wan

this book is great
    it made the new jedi order darker and made you think about the force, life, and what defines being a jedi, a hero

stover is amazing

2. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    This book certainly reasserts my placement of Matthew Stover among the best of EU authors. Though I didn't enjoy it quite as much as his other two, it's still a fantastic book. I love the writing style and the story, the times the omnipotent narrator breaks the fourth wall to address the reader (I particularly enjoyed the emphasis on Coruscant's 900 billion refugees), the continuing relationship between Nom Anor and Vergere and the parallels drawn between the two, and of course the climax of the book capped with Ganner's Last Stand. That fulfilled my expectations and more. And it's great to see the tone of the book shift so much when we go from Jacen's broken, nearly hopeless perspective to Ganner's much lighter, more humorous tone. Nice to see Stover can do humor with the best of them, too. Between this book and the Allston duology, it's been an excellent stretch for NJO. Throw in Star by Star and it's simply sublime.

9.25/10

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.