main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pacific Travels with Yoda Thread 2.0 - Current Location: Sacramento, CA

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Miana Kenobi, Aug 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Yoda slipped into the Fan Day photo at Disneyland:

[image=http://www.starwarsdisneyland.com/Dland-StarWarsFanDay-2009.jpg]

I realized after Comic Con ended that I didn't take Yoda down and around the floor with me; he just sat and did table duty. :(

Though I'm still on the hunt for the missing San Diego page. I swear to goodness I put it in the binder, but it wasn't there at Con. [face_thinking]

I've been working on a revamp for the website, though now it's not letting me into the server! :eek:

2. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    *Bumping this up* What's happening with Yoda? (And still need to get the info so I can get the box of stuff to me).

Thanks!

Master K

3. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Yoda's in San Francisco.

4. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Any pictures yet?

5. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    I'm just waiting for the weather to clear up. I want to take him to the usual spots, like Golden Gate Bridge, Coit Tower, Lombard St., Fisherman's Wharf, and of course, to LFL, and the new Disney Museum, as well as shooting locations for Indy movies!

I'm so sad that his ears are falling apart though. :( I'm tempted to replace him with a new Yoda, at least for the SF shots, especially in front of the Yoda fountain at LFL. But I'll understand if you don't want me to.

Could I take the Hawaiian shirt off, or should I keep it on? I already put a SFFF pin on him.

6. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    The shirt's up to you; I like it on. ;p

7. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    When around the world once you travel, look as good, you will not

8. Mr_Mundi

Mr_Mundi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    Replacing Yoda - even just for the photoshoot - would defeat the entire purpose of the trip in my oppinion.

Only one Yoda was fried by Ewan and only one Yoda has been around the world. Replacing him seems wrong - again in my oppinion.

Isn't it possible to glue or bandage his ears to a fair look?

Hope things work out for the right Yoda to complete the entire trip without standin. Glad to see he is still on the move. :)

Go Yoda, you can do it. :)

9. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    I agree. Even if he gets down to nothing more than an armature (sp) I would like my original little guy to complete the tour. And yes, there is only ONE Yoda who was fried by Ewan...YOU STILL OWE ME A YODA, MCGREGOR! lol

10. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Hawaii started putting green bandaids on his ears.

11. Mr_Mundi

Mr_Mundi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    If George comes out to ask why you are putting that scruffy looking Yoda in front of the Yoda fountain, just tell him the story. The decaying ears is part of the Yoda puppets story - just as the Hawaiian shirt has become. ;)

12. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    I managed to glue Yoda's ripped right ear closed, and added moss green Sculpey clay to reshape the end of his torn off left ear. I can include extra clay when I ship him for touch up repairs.

13. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Thanks for fixing him up, Matt. :) I'll PM you about getting his box of stuff from you before you ship him off.

Master K

14. Lowbacca_1977

Jun 28, 2006
    I've got the extra stuff that's been weighing him down, I've just not had the time to go get it mailed as I've been swamped with things to do, but I didn't send it all along. So there's a box that will come from me at some point with his knick knacks.

15. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Kim, weren't YOU supposed to pick that up anyways? :p

16. Lowbacca_1977

Jun 28, 2006
    This is my defense for dropping the ball on shipping in a timely fashion. But I will.

17. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    /\ In his defense, I was supposed to pick it up, but got stuck in Palmdale all day instead.

18. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Well, since my students are bugging me every single day (LOL), any pics of Yoda yet?

19. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Here are the pics I took. I'm only using like 6 of them to fit the one page. Any Indy fans recognize that staircase? ;)

http://s43.photobucket.com/albums/e385/JedHead1/Yoda%20in%20SF-%20Nov%202009/

I should be sending him off to Sacramento this week.

20. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    YAY! Awesome photos, Matt! :D

21. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Thanks. I wish I could have put more pics in the album, if it weren't for the "one page per Fan Force" rule now.

:(

22. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    That's always been the rule. Certain people just seemed to ignore it. *shifty eyes*

23. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    There are some georgous shots in there. THANK YOU, MATT!!

(Now I have some new pics to put up in the classroom...right next to the one of Miana and Yoda on Space Mountain!)

24. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    My class just asked for me to say "Thank You" from all of them. We just printed out a whole bunch of pics for the room.

Thanks Again...

Rm 18

25. Lowbacca_1977

Jun 28, 2006
    You will get the LA pics, in theory, when the guy that has the pictures gets back from Australia, and when I have the free time to do much of anything with them, then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.