main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mary Trivial Pursuit

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by DRK_HLMT, Mar 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luke_Starkiller

Luke_Starkiller Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    Lolipon, I could use you, if you are cool with that.

2. DRK_HLMT

DRK_HLMT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    Well, we didn't have a winner from our group but we did rather well seeing it was our first attempt at this. Next time we can go in there a little wiser. I think the new format threw us off a bit. So what did you guys think of the questions?

3. MuttandSolo

MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    Well frankly, I think we got jipped on one of the questions (#2 to be exact). And the other I forgot to add the second part. It was rough coming up with a majority of the answers all by my lonesome. Derth helped out on 2 of them that I would not have gotten myself.

4. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    I just wanted to post that when the next game comes up, I'm in. Let's hope Charm City can have VIP.

5. DRK_HLMT

Dec 7, 2001
    Here are the answers:

1. How many passengers can Jabba?s Desert Sail Barge take?
    A: 300 or 500, I have contridcting facts in two different books.

2. Which weapons does an A-Wing Star fighter have?
    A: 2 Borstel R69 Laser Canons and Dymek HM-6 missle launchers.

3. What is a device that can legally be used by the dealer of a sabbac game and illegally by other players to cheat and what does it do?
    A: A skifter, which changes the value of the sabacc cards.

4. How many circular sensors does the Millennium Falcon have on its upper half?
    A: six

5. Who designed Yoda's eyes and what famous scientist were they modeled after?
    A: The designer was Stuart Freeborn and the eye's were modeled after Albert Einstein.

6. What is the official name of the underwater breathing device used by Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan during their swim to Otoh Gunda?
    A: A99 Aquata Breather

7. Before it was called Skywalker Sound, what was Lucasfilm?s sound division known as?
    A: Sprockets Systems

8. Name the two yellow stars in the center of the Veron system.
    A: Orell and Noveron

9. Who was the ruler of Naboo before Queen Amidala ?
    A: King Veruna

10. What is the monetary unit on the planet Dellalt?
    A: Driit

Well we had #4 as 6 and I changed it because I thought it was a trick question. My bad. I don't know where 6 sensors come from on the MF. I thought the circular things on the top were exhaust ports for the coolant system and the dish was the only sensor. We looked all over the place for that one. And # 5 threw us as well. I thought Nick Maley was the designer for Yoda. #8 was pretty hard as well. I had two different sites that listed the stars and I went with what I thought was the "official" one. We put Orell and Orelon.

6. Motterman

Motterman Jedi Grand Master star 2

Dec 22, 2000
    Hey, we only missed number 2 (not specific enough?) and number 3 (I thought randomizer).

Anyways, I still haven't checked the trivia thread....

*comes back to edit 10 minutes later*

ACK!!!!!! LukeStarkiller didn't send in our answers!!!!

FOUL!!!!!!! :mad:

Damnit, that really pisses me off.

7. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Tell me when the next game comes up because I'd like to play.

8. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    Man I wanted the VIP spot!

9. Isbeth

Isbeth Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    When is sign on for the next round? What will the teams be? Change of line ups? Mogook will sub for anyone who drops out as will I. But since I only got number 9 correct, I am not an awesome player. Anybody into regrouping? Motterman and Chissdude and DRK_HMT sound like a winning group. Can't believe with three teams in, we didn't win. Everyone still in for 'round 3?

And Luke, no excuses for not getting answers in on time. For the next 'round, make sure that captians you exchange phone #'s of where you will be at critical posting times, so if a server goes down or someone can't be there, there is coverage. Just a suggestion!
    :)

10. DRK_HLMT

Dec 7, 2001
    Signups for the next game start Wednesday. The next game begins on Sunday. I'll have to ask Rox, but I think that if you lose a round then you have to wait till the next game after to compete again. It was just something they were throwing around. But I think it was because they thought it would be a large group of teams. We can still submit the ones we had before. Maybe do a changeup if you guys want to or get more teams together. We need to find a better way to communicate as well. I'll ask Rox if we can use another chat program like MSN Messenger, Yahoo Messenger or ICQ. That way the team members can all be able to chat with each other and get things done faster.

Some things we might want to do for the next game:

Get a list of all the databases and technicals for Star Wars. I know I was looking through about a hundred different sites to find stuff.

Rox seems to be getting questions from a Star Wars trivia game or something. Is there such a beast and does anybody have it?

Again communication is the most important element in this game. If the teams can get on the same sheet of music then there is no way to lose.

There is no time limit this time as the older version was. It comes down to who can answer the most questions. Make sure you put as much info as you can. There?s no such thing as "information overload" to Rox.

And lastly, CHECK YOUR SOURCES!!!! My team lost because I didn't check the sources of the sites I used and it cost us some questions (although I still haven't found 6 sensors on the falcon and the two stars of the Veron system). Oh well. Better luck next time!!!

11. Isbeth

Aug 28, 2001
    Can you PM individuals for help? There are lots of folks on the boards not playing who could be helpful. Why don't you guys try for the next round and if you have to drop out, Rox won't pick you.

DRK_HMLT great advise given there.

12. Luke_Starkiller

Jun 26, 2001
    I made a quick end-of-day stop here, and feel I must defend myself. No, I wasn't able to post the answers on time. Was there an excuse? Yes. My family comes first and foremost, beyond anything else, work included. Just as I could not leave my wifes stranded on the highway yesteday morning, I could not, and would not, allow her to pick up the car without me being there to check everything. If I let down the team for that, I do apologize, but real life concerns and responsibilities take precedence.

13. Isbeth

Aug 28, 2001
    We understand Luke, I only mentioned that, if you had gotten team members phone numbers, you could have called and asked them to post because you had an emergency.

14. DRK_HLMT

Dec 7, 2001
    No need to make us understand Luke_Starkiller. Family does come before all else and you have every right to take care of that first and foremost. After all this is just a game. Nothing more, nothing less. :D

15. Isbeth

Aug 28, 2001
    Wow, beat out by a fourteen year old from Rochester! But all you guys and gals placed, you didn't come in last. I just checked the round 2 thread and you can get in again and not have to wait. Anybody going in for 'round three?

By the way, DRK_HMLT and Luke, I am awefully jealous you guys have a family so I am glad you put them first. Consider yourself lucky. My family is you guys.

16. Luke_Starkiller

Jun 26, 2001
    Sorry about that yesterday. I need a vacation! Just when I thought I'd get a nice relaxing night of sleep, I got called in at 2 am for a down router. The guy who called me wasn't impressed when I told him I knew a good shrink :D Anyhow, thanks for understanding. I feel bad about both the game and missing the next two meetings.

I agree that a recall billet would be a good idea. Even if we just wanted to give out e-mail rather than phone numbers - makes planning and executing meetings easier. That's a possible agenda item. If you go for it, let me know what info we are giving and I'll be happy to provide.

BTW...at the Pampered Chef party I went to Sat, I did a little recruiting work for us. There was a woman whose son is really into SW (he's 28). I gave the website info as well as my e-mail address. He hasn't e-mailed me yet, but might show up here through the website links.

Time for me to get back to work - coffee break is over. See you at lunch (I hope), and MTFBWY.

17. MuttandSolo

MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    DRK_HLMT,

The trivia game that you could be referring too is simply Trivia Pursuit: Star Wars. Thats a game I've not used in a long time, a long time.

The sources I used predominantly is the OS: Databank and the Completely Unofficial Star Wars Encyclopedia here on the Force.Net. I also used "Star Wars: Behind the Magic" CD_ROM. That helped out a lot. Though the encyclopedia can be a bit confining. It works best if you have an answer in your head but don't know of a source for confirmation.

I also did not find 6 sensors on the MF. Actually my answer consisted of several suites of sensors tied into the main sensor dish [para-phrasing my answer] and it was not counted against me.

18. Isbeth

Aug 28, 2001
    They are taking sign ups for game three, the thread is up. Anybody going to represent CC this go round?

19. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    I'd like to play.

20. DRK_HLMT

Dec 7, 2001
    Okay, I signed up the Rogue Mutineers again.

Myself, Aragorn327 and Chissdude10. If you guys can't do this game, just let me know and I'll get a replacement for ya.

21. Isbeth

Aug 28, 2001
    Who's playing with Mogook?

22. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    Hehe, were going to win if it kills us!

23. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Yeah, who wants to be on a team with me? Or does anyone not have enough players for their team?

24. DRK_HLMT

Dec 7, 2001
    Rats! We got knocked out of Game 3. Seems there were some new contestants and they get first choice of the games if they haven't played before. So I guess we have more time to gear up for game 4.

Rogue Mutineers Rule!

25. Isbeth

Aug 28, 2001
    I saw that, what a drag... No CCFF teams this time. Maybe we can have more than one next game. We can talk about it next meeting, however, reminder....I still need directions and so does Chissdude. Please PM us, or at the least post them on the thread, I am sure I am not the only one....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.