main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tidewater, VA TRU Clone Wars Midnight Toy Release.

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by jediknight88, Jul 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jediknight88

jediknight88 Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    Alright peeps.

I have been in contact with Toy's R Us on North Mall Drive (By Lynhaven Mall) in regards to us, The Tidewater Alliance, providing support for their midnight Clone Wars Toy release. So far I have heard nothing but encouraging words about us coming back out for this event. (For newer members, we attended and supported the Midnight toy release for Revenge of the Sith).

As you all know, we had a blast at the last one, and hopefully we can have a blast at this one too.

Once I talk to the Head Honcho at Toy's R Us, I will be able to post specifics.

I am sceduled to call and possibly meet with the Big Wigs for Toy's R Us on Friday to actually confirm if they would officially like us to come out or not. The Assistant Manager has already given us her approval, and said she thinks it is a good idea, we just need to get word from the head honcho.

Details are as follows.

Event: Midnight Clone Wars Toy Release
    Date: July 26th
    Time: Midnight (But we will be showing up around 11pm so we can change and get ready)

What I need from all of you is to let me know if you can commit to this event and if you would like to participate. Please post here if you can commit to this event. Thanks.

2. Ashara_Leiani

Ashara_Leiani Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 27, 2007
  3. Ayla_Ku

Ayla_Ku Jedi Youngling

Jul 5, 2008
    July 26th as in midnight on a Saturday night? Or Friday night? (Sorry the dates confuse me when midnight is involved T_T) Either way, since it's a weekend I should be able to make it out.

4. jediknight88

May 19, 2002
    LOL that is a good question. I will make sure to clarify once I have the rest of the info.

5. Darth_Ruan

Darth_Ruan Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 14, 2007
    Sounds cool! Hopefully, I can stay awake. :)

6. larame_kaine

larame_kaine Jedi Knight star 2

May 17, 2005
  7. jediknight88

May 19, 2002
    Spoke with TRU today.

They would love to have us out there. So we are good on that.

Changing Room. They are unsure on actually which manager is going to working this event, so they are unsure if they will be able to provide us the changing room. So we might need to partially wear our stuff and finish changing in the Parking Lot. I will let you know more on that when I find out what manager is going to be there.

Time: Doors open Saturday, July 26th at 12:01 AM. So we are going to show up at 11:00pm on Friday, July 25th.

Hope that clears up the confusion on the times and dates. Please feel free to pm me or post here if there are any questions.

8. ABC42

ABC42 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 18, 2007
    That's the weekend I'm going camping. Drat! But I'm definitely going to the movie premiere

9. jatsu-aiki

jatsu-aiki Jedi Youngling

Nov 18, 2007
    Im in guys ...Jatsu...out

10. Darth_Primus6

Darth_Primus6 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 13, 2007
    chris and i are in

11. jediknight88

May 19, 2002
    Alright peeps, tonight is the night. See everyone there at 11.

Spoke to management, and they are going to let us use the room to change in again. I have the number to call the manager and let her know when to let us in, so meet with me in the parking lot.

12. larame_kaine

larame_kaine Jedi Knight star 2

May 17, 2005
    Unfortunately I will not be able to make this trip guys. I just don't have the gas to drive all the way out to Lynnhaven atm, and I have a meeting early tomorrow morning. Sorry. =(

13. jediknight88

May 19, 2002
    Well I would like to thank everyone who showed for this event.

Thanks go out to:

Chris & Barry, Dawn, Nihilus, Alan and wife, Noel, Stacey, and Thad.

While Toy's R Us was in no way shape or form supporting us and treated us terrible, we still stuck it out and changed into costumes. The actual fans loved it. We even possible gained someone who does the Qui Gon Costume. So all was not lost.

Feel free to post what wondrous toys you picked up.

I picked up:

Legacy Series
    Clone Scuba Trooper - BD10

Clone Wars
    Clone Captain Rex
    Yoda
    Clone Trooper

Exclusive Holographic General Grievous

Evolutions
    The Padme Amidala Legacy

14. jatsu-aiki

jatsu-aiki Jedi Youngling

Nov 18, 2007
    Vanessa and I had great time it was good to see everyone.

toys
    STAR WARS THE CLONE WARS ANAKIN SKYWALKER
    STAR WARS THE LEGACY COLLECTION MACE WINDU
    STAR WARS LEGO IMPERIAL DROPSHIP

thanks for calling us,
    Allen & Vanessa

15. Solo_Jaina

Solo_Jaina Jedi Youngling

Feb 13, 2007
    Sorry I couldn't make it. Glad you guys had fun though...bummer they treated you like crap. =/

16. ABC42

ABC42 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 18, 2007
    I'm glad you guys did stick it out, and sorry to hear TRUs treated you badly, which isn't good considering fans are customers. I hope what you yielded was a good haul in toys and a good learning experience.
    Sorry I missed out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.