main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Twin Chapters

Discussion in 'Archive: Greece' started by Jaina_Mirax, May 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaina_Mirax

Jaina_Mirax Ex CR North-Germany and GSFF RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    Hey all!

Just a short notice:
    After discussion between FF RSA/GSA/CR in the OFH we have decided to introduce a FF Chapter Twinning Programme to build bridges between chapters all over the World.

The programme aims to increase relations and diversity between chapters by forming a close 'alliance' between two boards that usually would never have met. This starts virtually, but could ultimately end up in real life meets and the inclusion of your twinned chapter in the header of your board

The scheme is totally voluntary and very simple. If you wish for your chapter to be included in this programme tell your CR or contact either UK RSA Sebulba_Sloan or me, Jaina_Mirax! Hopefully when we have enough chapters we can start to pair them off with each other, which can be done randomly or with consultation with the chapters in question. Nothing will be done without the full consent of both chapters.

I hope you'll be a part of this project,

-Jaina_Mirax

P.S.: The text above was originally written by Sebulba_Sloan, I just modified it a little :)

2. 103728103

103728103 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 19, 2003
    Sounds like a plan of world domination to me(reminds me of "Birthday Girl")! I must disagree :)

3. Jaina_Mirax

Nov 25, 2000
    who told you about the world domination plan? :eek: ? Who is telling my secrets? [face_devil]

4. Obi_one_and_only

Obi_one_and_only Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 18, 2001
    World domination is immaterial! I plan on controling the world leaders!
    [face_devil]

5. Jaina_Mirax

Nov 25, 2000
    I remember...you and Akhun, right?
    Rulers of the Universe or something?

6. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    I think Romania should have a board. Or an Eastern European board for Albania, Romania, Ukraine, Slovakia, Poland, Macedonia, Latonia, and all of the rest.

7. Jaina_Mirax

Nov 25, 2000
    Poland has it's own board and as soon as there are 3 or more people from the countries you named, they may have their own boards as well.

8. Darth-Seldon

May 17, 2003
    I announce if there is a Romania board I will join it.

9. 103728103

Mar 19, 2003
    knock knock
    -who is it?
    -it's macedonia!!!
    -macedonia -*******- who?

I say respect history and geography sheldon.

10. Darth-Seldon

May 17, 2003
    I always respect history and geography I'm not sure what your post exactly meant maybe you could clarify your message.

11. 103728103

Mar 19, 2003
    There is no country "macedonia" or "bla bla bla of macedonia".I can't be more specific than that. :) And don't tell me there is..because last time(only time) I went to Germany with Air Berlin, we were flying over Skopje.

12. Jaina_Mirax

Nov 25, 2000
    so what country is skopje in, then? *scratcheshead*

13. 103728103

Mar 19, 2003
    Skopje is not in some country. Skopje is a country after the Yuguslav Civil War.
    Macedonia is a region inside Greece. You know where EU Meeting is taking place these days? Chalkidiki which is in Macedonia which is in Greece.Ipiros,Macedonia,Thrace are in other words the regions that create Nothern Greece.

14. Jaina_Mirax

Nov 25, 2000
    My map says that Skopje is the capital of a country called Macedonia... And I know that german soldiers were stationed in Macedonia during the Kosovo crisis.

Maybe Macedonia used to belong to Greece, but in september 1995 Greece accepted Macedonias independance.

15. 103728103

Mar 19, 2003
    I bet it will be hard for you to accept that your map is wrong. Skopje is a country that came after Yugoslav and not after Greece! Some greek politicians accepted the "Former Yugoslavic Rebublic of Macedonia" but people here in Greece protested very strongly and they still do(me for example).It's also funny how the other governments allow maps to have "Macedonia" but not "FYROM". What I'm trying to say is that your map is taking this one step "forward"!! Truth is that people here in Macedonia and the rest of Greece might not protest so hard if Skopje didn't try so hard to manufacture its history. You know every country must have a history and since Skopje "earned" the name FYROM they claim they are descendants of Alexander the Great(!) LOL .You see where I'm getting at? Skopje is a country that tries to steal something important from Greek History and that is the Macedonian Dynasty(Phillip and Alexander).The saddest part is that CIA (U.S. government) supports Skopje(!) on this matter.If you go to CIA's homepage and search for "Macedonia" Skopje will be the resulting country! People of Skopje are Albanians and Macedonians(LOL) and they speak the Macedonian language (even bigger LOL-there is no such language).
    I felt good ,though, when flying from Macedonia/Greece(no need to explain where it is-near the Aegean Sea) to Germany with the german airlines the maps were showing Skopje instead if FYROM or even worse Macedonia.

p.s. given the fact that the true Macedonians were travelling onboard , we would high-jack that plane if strange country-names appeared onscreen :)

16. jimkk29

jimkk29 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 24, 2002
    "My map says that Skopje is the capital of a country called Macedonia... And I know that german soldiers were stationed in Macedonia during the Kosovo crisis."

Your map is wrong. Your info on the soldiers is wrong too.

"Maybe Macedonia used to belong to Greece, but in september 1995 Greece accepted Macedonias independance."

Such thing never happened. Macedonia always has, is, and will be belongin to Greece. It's in Greece's North. The correct name of the country you're referring to as 'Macedonia' is Skopje. Macedonia is an ancient Greek name, existing for 4 thousand years now. 103728103 is right in everything he says.

17. Nwalme Jade

Nwalme Jade Ex(patriated) RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 13, 2000
    'Skopje is a country that tries to steal something important from Greek History and that is the Macedonian Dynasty(Phillip and Alexander)'

It's very funny to witness that kind of appropriation, since last time I checked Greeks from the 4th century BC weren't exactly thrilled at the perspective of merging with Macedonia :p

18. jimkk29

Dec 24, 2002
    4th century BC is kinda old, you know?
    There was a time that Macedonia merged with Greece, and till now Macedonia belongs to Greece.

19. Nwalme Jade

Apr 13, 2000
    It was not me who brought the 4th century in the discussion, you know. If you use an argument, accept to have it used against you as well.

20. jimkk29

Dec 24, 2002
    I never said that the Macedonians of that time were not Greeks. They had the same ancestors, they belonged to the same race, the spoke the same language and they had the same religion. Those wars back then were actually civil wars. So in fact Macedonia was always belonging to Greece.

21. Nwalme Jade

Apr 13, 2000
    Yet they have a football team on their own - they don't play as Skopje but as Macedonia ;)
    Still it's like saying France could pretend every territory within the borders of its former kingdom as its own. History moves on...

22. Lord_Makro

Lord_Makro Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 13, 2002
    Nwalme Jade everyone with some basic knowledge of ancient history knows that Macedonians are one of the many "tribes" that form the Greek nation. They had the same religion, culture and language with the rest of the Greeks. I can't understand why this is so hard for you to accept. And Macedonians did make wars with the rest of the Greeks because at that time the Greek nation was divided to many city-states what were fighting with each other. In fact, Philip (Alexander's father) was the first person that united all of Greece, and Alexander started his campain against the Persian empire TO TAKE REVENGE for the Persian invasion to GREECE more than a century before. The people that live in the so-called "Macedonia" (Skopje) are Slabs, and Slabs didn't even EXIST until 1000 years after Alexander's time. They just stole the name "Macedonia" because they live within the ancient borders of Macedonia, but they are Slabs and not Greeks (Macedonians). Skopje should actually be a part of Bulgaria.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.