main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

U.S. booed and heckled at Earth Summit!

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by obhavekenobi78, Sep 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MASTER_OBI-DAN

MASTER_OBI-DAN Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    There IS NO reason to use so many markup codes and smilies.

To be totally honest, coolguy, I don?t see how your criticism has any relevance to this thread at all. Also, did I miss something? Are mark-up codes now illegal? Is there some rule in the T-o-S that states that mark-up codes should be used sparingly?
    I DON?T THINK SO! [face_laugh]

If you look at my post, I only used five types of mark-up codes: italics, bolded and highlighted text, emoticons, and links. I used the italics for quotations of my fellow JCer; this is standard procedure. I used the bolded and highlighted text to emphasize important points/concepts in my post; in my view this was necessary because the text of my post was quite long (as I clearly put some time and effort into its composition ? which is no crime either). I used emoticons to relay personal expressions (that allow us JCers to mildly transcend the 2-dimensionality of text); the last I checked, this was not a crime. ;) Lastly, I took the time to embed links in my text not only to bolster my case, but for the benefit of anyone wanting to access my information/sources readily; if anything, embedding links is not doing a disservice to my fellow JCers, but actually doing them a favour.

IMHO, for all these reasons, it is difficult to conclude that you criticism is anything other than absurd, petty, confused, weak, sad, and distinctly out of place for the content/arguments of this thread.

2. Coolguy4522

Coolguy4522 Jedi Youngling star 4

Dec 21, 2000
    I was just kidding, I really just wanted to try them all out. :p

Your post was not even the worst example of using them I have seen anyways.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.