main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Ultimates 3 - Anyone reading it?

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by RogueSquadronWingnut, Dec 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NJOfan215

NJOfan215 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 17, 2003
    I like miller, his run ultimate x-men was very good and his run on ultimates was awesome. Wanted was pretty cool too. I'm looking foreward to his fantastic four run and to kiick ass, but i'm not too sure about old man logan. It seems like's putting together elements from a western and wanted and using an old version of wolverine as the main character.

2. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    Oh god Wanted. It should have been a crime to have JG Jones fantastic art on a story with no redeeming values what so ever.

3. StarscreamPrime

StarscreamPrime Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2006
    Firstly, I did finally get to reading the second issue of "Ultimates 3". Stupid, yes, but I do want to see where the story goes, so I'll surprisingly stick with it. (It sure isn't "Thunderbolts", though. ;))

Secondly, for all this talk about Mark Millar, I really don't have faith in him for the FF regular series run. If it was just a different writer, but STILL with Hitch doing the artwork, it could be a wonder. But Mark seems to enjoy being "edgy" for the hell of it, and that sort of story tone doesn't work well with the setting of the FF.

4. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Just read Ultimates 3, issue 3 and thought it was pretty good (keeping in mind I haven't read the first two volumes of the Ultimates). The issue noted the very first meeting of Magneto and Wolverine and fuels the fire that the Black Panther and Captain America are one in the same.

5. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998
    ...you haven't read The Ultimates and Ultimates 2?

Drop Ultimates 3, invest in the hardcovers of The Ultimates and Ultimates 2. It'd be money very well spent IMO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.