main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Hamp Upcoming shows and conventions

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Baron_Soontir_Fel, Sep 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MasterSifo-Dyas

MasterSifo-Dyas Jedi Master star 4

Oct 1, 2002
    Hey Guys, what do you think of this upcoming Jumpcon in Boston on 7/17/08. It looks like this new con has a ton of guests. Some of us from Long Island are gonna come up for that. --Billy

2. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2003
    Thanks for the heads up Sifo Dyas! I can't believe the lineup for the show! It's amazing!

Here's the link for everyone to check out!

3. Cephas

Cephas Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 23, 2003
    The 6th and 7th Doctors are going to be there! GLEE! I think I can it on that Sunday if work doesn't take over. Hmmm methinks it could be real shiny! So when do we go? :p

4. Rotag21

Rotag21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    We have SO got to go to this one!!

What a wicked sweet line up. I cant believe it. It's very cool. I don't even know if this is up on the 501st. yet? I'll have to check. What do you guy's think about doing up a Fan table? The price is right... only $25.

It would cost us a bit more to set up the table put we can pull that togather I'm sure. Like a banner flyer's ect. Just a thought. We'll see we can talk about it at the next meeting.

Very cool line up....I love it!!

SeeYa,
    TK

5. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    Yeah guys this convention company is just starting up and not alot of people know about it, but they are getting some amazing guests. If anyone is a Babylon 5 fan, the one in Wash DC is having like 14 B5 guests just at that con. That's pretty amazing.
    Im a big Doctor Who fan so me and a few friends from Long Island are definitly coming up to the Boston con for those 5 doctor guests. . . so we'll come say hello to you guys. --Billy

6. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    That sound cool. We'd love to have you. We are going to be workng on detail of the show at our up coming meeting next weekend.

We are in talks of having a table set up. If not I know we will be stay at the hotel so we will definately have to get together. Keep checkng in for up dates.

I myself am looking forward to all the Star Trek guy's. This does look like a great show. I up it all works out.

SeeYa,
    TK

7. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    I spotted two Star Wars actors in the guest list: Ian Liston (Janson, Wedge's gunner in TESB) and Garrick Hagon (Biggs Darklighter, Red 3 in ANH)...let's make plans for this one, everyone! (Been dying to meet some of the actors who played Rebel pilots :D )

8. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    I'm not going to miss it. I need both to sign my poster. It looks to be a great show. I'm pretty sure I'll be staying over for this one. lol

Later,
    TK

9. Capt_Brandon_Berry

Capt_Brandon_Berry Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 7, 2008
    theres been adds on the cartoon ch late nights. this oun should bee good

10. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    Cool, this is really sounding great. Yeah let me know as you hear stuff about the con.
    I hear the guy running the series of Jumpcons across the country is based in New England so the Boston one is like his flagship con.
    Us Long Islanders will definitly meet up with you guys.
    And wow! your right - that's cheap for a fan table. Our Long Island club might look into having a table when and if Jumpcon gets around to Long Island.
    --Billy

11. jediscar

jediscar Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2007
    COunt me in. I'm a big Galactica fan, as are my friends next door. Might have to find something to get signed...

12. StarFromIHJ

StarFromIHJ Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2002
    I'm probably going to go. Five Doctor Who guests! Three of them are Time Lords (Two Doctirs and Romana 1)! I am so in if I have the money!

Also, President Roslin from the new BSG (AKA Donnie Darko's mom) will also be there.

13. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    Yeah this should be a great con and very varied depending on the guests you particularly like. My fav thing is going to panels and hearing Q & A's but the really unique thing about this con company seems to be the personalized experience you can I have. I see on the Pittsburgh con page they have some of the schedule set up. You can buy a ticket to have breakfast, lunch and dinner (8 seats to a table) with your fav stars. For some people this is a dream come true, you can really get to know your fav stars in a comfortable setting.
    I guess all you have to have is enough money.
    Jumpcon seems to be starting a new golden age of cons. --Billy

14. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    I like it, it sound Awesome. I can't wait to see what the times and prices are going to be for the show here?

I can only imagine. lol :)

The rooms at the hotel are all like $200 + This will have to be a group thing I believe for me to be able to stay over. We'll see how it works out. But I know I'll be there one way or another.

SeeYa,
    TK

15. jediscar

jediscar Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2007
    It is in Boston, right? Couldn't we just find a place outside the city that woulud be more reasonable?

16. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    I'm sure we could. I had not really thought about. I could even see if a few of us could crash at Jess place. lol I knowBrandon would like that. Bawcha Bawwaw... lol

I'm sure we can talk about it at the meeting. I would like to set something up sooner than later. Just so I know we have a place to stay. I don't want to wait last min. and have NO room. I'm mean we could all way just stay home and drive in everyday. Wait .... what am I saying....lol I most be late.

Later,
    TK

17. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    Hey guys,
    I know rooms are expensive but the cool thing is to stay in the con hotel and be able to hang out in the evenings with friends and not have to get to another place to sleep. They have a bunch of evening events planned.

Sometimes my friends and I all pile into a room - like 4 of us - those cons are always a lot of fun.

But I know what you mean that cost is a big concern.

In fact looking at the Boston Jumpcon page - goto the bottom, click on tickets, then click the city (Boston), and check out what's available for tickets.
    You can buy individual panels, photos with stars, autographs, and meals with them. It can get pretty expensive but some people are gonna go crazy for this. --BIlly

18. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Hey Billy,

Thanks for the updates. I'll be sure to go check the ticket prices right now. I need to know how much to save up. When i went the other day I could not find any pricing? Maybe they updated it. lol

We usaully do just that... pile a whole bunch of people in a room .lol We did just that at Supermegafest and C4. It's all all a good time. If you make the Boston show you'll have to make sure to find us. I all ways like meeting New Star Wars fans. Thanks again!

SeeYa,
    TK

19. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    I'll definitly look you guys up beforehand here on the boards. When that weekend approaches. I'll probably be doing Somerset NJ, Stamford CT, Wash DC, as well as Boston.

As for jumpcon ticketing, I just re-checked it to make sure Im not telling you the wrong thing.
    So at jumpcon.com, go down to the link all the way on the bottom that says Ticketing by paypal, open that link, then click on Boston in the category section on the left. Then you will have 108 pages of varying ticket categories concerning all the events and all the individual media guests. It looks like it can be pretty hairy trying to decide what to pre-purchase. --Billy

20. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    We've been talking on the MIS board about doing a SMF-style charity raffle at JumpCon. New Hampshire is, of course, welcome to join in. We'll let you know if we snag a table at the con for this. :D

21. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Please do. I know we are all ways glad to help out.

SeeYa,
    TK

22. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    OK EVERYONE!!

Here are the upcoming Comic Show I talked about at today's meeting. I know I will be set up and working BOTH the Boston Show and the Portsmith show. You are all MORE than welcome to come and check them out.

If anyone has anything they like me to sell for them at the show please PM me. They will be a small commission fee. lol But I'd be more than glad to help you make a couple $$$. Just let me know. I do very well at these shows so it all most a given you'd make a couple dollars.

SeeYa,
    TK

It?s a one week break in the local convention circuit! Jump right back in on April 13th with the SPRING edition of ?

THE BOSTON COMIC BOOK, CD/RECORD & POP-CULTURE SPECTACULAR!
    DC Creators headline the event and Ron Fortier returns!

April 13th - Boston Radisson Hotel, 200 STUART ST. BOSTON, 6TH Floor Ballroom!
    9:30 am media room opens ? 10:00 am the entire 6th floor opens!

With special guest Cliff Chiang! You?ve seen Cliff?s awesome work on titles like Green Arrow / Black Canary, Detective, Creeper, Human Target and so much more. Now?s the time to grab that Cliff Chiang piece of original art?before he?s way too famous to be afforded!

Monkey House Entertainment is proud to welcome back to Boston New England pulp-fiction and comic book author RON FORTIER. Ron?s most recent works include the original graphic novel, Daughter of Dracula as well as the trade paperback printing of his well know, Boston Bombers. Be sure to stop and visit Ron as you spend the day shopping the Boston Comic Spectacular.

Additional show?s guests include Joe Quinones of the smash hit DC Comics title, Teen Titans Go as well as local favorites, Hannibal King, Zeke Savory, Rich Woodall, Scott Ambruson, Rich Maurizio, Shawn Corliss, Richard D. Irving, Sean Kasper, Jeff of Arzyart, Christopher Gibbs and Monolith Press. Look for all the comic book creators mingled through-out the multiple rooms of the show.

The April 13th Boston Comic and Pop-Culture spectacular is running out of vendor and small press space fast. In case you missed the announcement there is a limited number of vendor tables available for just $50 each as well as premium vendor space and small press tables. Small press tables are now mixed on the show floor to increase creator exposure.

Looking for a WHOLE bunch of space? Contact Dave Cummings for information on renting an ENTIRE ROOM of space. You have to bring your own tables and subletting is at the promoters discretion but you can save some $$ and bring a whole shops worth of product. Just like Jetpack Comics LLC with their discount room.

Be sure to stop by the now infamous JETPACK COMICS DISCOUNT room for inexpensive comics, juvenile antics and day long readings by Stan Lee himself (sure, it?ll be from a sound enhanced book but it?s still Stan talking to you about things only he can understand).

Long time show vendors return, including ?

Cape Comics, MA

Clubhouse Comics, MA

Cole's Comics, Lynn MA

Comically Speaking, Reading MA

East Bay Comics, RI

Finar Comics, MA

Harrison's Comics, Salem and Medford MA

Jetpack Comics, Rochester NH
    Superworld, Worcester MA

Jim Payette Rare Comics, Bethlehem NH

Katz Comix and Trades, NY

Larry's Comics, Lowell MA

Mon Ayash Comics & Movies, Fall River MA

Monkeyhouse Entertainment, Salisbury MA

Odyssey Comics and Comic Art, CT

Rangatang Toys, MA

Ron Johnsen vintage comics, MA

Rubber Chicken, Bellingham MA

Ryan's Collectibles, NY

Scott Pellin Comics, CT

Tim's Comics, NH

Web-Head Enterprises, Wakefield MA

Shouldn?t you be on the list? With many private collectors and new vendors setting up at the show the only way to ensure you get first crack is to be a vendor as well. Now is the time to jump in and sell your collection.

Visit www.monkeyhouseentertainment.com for more info. To take advantage of limited table space please contact Dave Cummings at Call us at 978-462-2788 or email monkeyhouse55@aol.com.

What else is happeni

23. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Just to make you guys aware, we figured out that JumpCon will be held @ the Backbay Sheraton on Dalton St., not the convention center.

24. flightmech73

flightmech73 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 5, 2007
    Found a con up in Ringe NH check it out.

http://www.uni-con.org/index.html

25. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    Concerning Jumpcon being at the Sheraton: Where was the misconception from on that it was going to be at the Convention Center? Because its my understanding that Jumpcon is linked to Sheratons all around the country.
    Im totally there. I have my Sheraton reservation and I'll be checking in with youb guys just before the con.
    Hey maybe we can have a specific time for a Fan Force meeet and greet where we all get together for a few drinks. --Billy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.