main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

update alerts

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by CarolynNC, Feb 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CarolynNC

CarolynNC Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2002
    The back of the Dragoncon badge stated you had to be present on Sunday to win the prizes. Not sure about the C3 hunt but it sure sounds like fun.

2. brokenyolk

brokenyolk Jedi Youngling star 2

May 10, 2002
    It was announced several weeks ago that some of the ILMers will be giving talks at C3.

I assume you're talking about the announcement that Dan Gregoire, Erik Tiemens and Don Bies will be there. Along with Gillard and McCallum that's getting pretty good for behind the scenes. But I am hoping for a lot more - and hopefully some of the bigger names. If that was all they had to offer this time around I'll be VERY disappointed. I think (hope) there'll be more. Some of the others weren't announced until a couple weeks before CII so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

3. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    Cast your vote

In the Fan Film Award that is.. mm I wonder if contestant can ask for a recount ^_^

4. Bruno_Fett

Bruno_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    Don't worry the awards are in Indiana, not Florida!!

5. Uilmuteiz

Dec 4, 2000
  6. CarolynNC

Mar 29, 2002
    more party info

EDIT: The excitement is building! I-)

7. PrincessTinian

PrincessTinian Jedi Youngling

Jul 11, 2002
    I'm glad there will be SOME live music at the Celebration @ Celebration.

But it's not half as good as a concert...

8. Bruno_Fett

Mar 31, 2002
    Dear Lord what is going on? Is anyone even remotely getting excited about this? Where is Ahmed Best with the Jar Jar Jam when you need it!

9. Uilmuteiz

Dec 4, 2000
    Probably lost on some remote island with Anthony Daniels and his Wonder Jacket ^_^

I'm sure the jazz will be interesting, the rock will most likely definitelly.. well.. rock..

mm I wonder.. *runs to limewire to try and find out some obscur remote album of the bands*

10. TahiriVeilaSolo69

TahiriVeilaSolo69 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    I still havent received my tickets and I put down 'mail to'. Iam starting to get nervous. Has anyone received theirs?

11. KOB

KOB Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 22, 2004
    I still havent received my tickets and I put down 'mail to'. Iam starting to get nervous. Has anyone received theirs?

Tickets to the party? They don't mail those.

12. djtom

djtom Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 18, 2001
    I would've posted here sooner, but I've been going through some self esteem issues with the "Who are these guys?" posts.

But seriously folks....

Just like the bio says, I hosted a couple of Rick McCallum experiences, and too many other things to list here.

If you've opened your Celebration 2 official program, my picture is in there...really it is.

At one of McCallum's Q and A's I was on stage getting ready to introduce him, and he came out from the wings before his cue, and the crowd went WILD before I had the chance to give him his 'props'. So before the next session, I asked him if he would wait for the cue, and he did.

If you attended the 25th anniversary concert at C2, it was my voice that introduced Anthony Daniels.

See y'all soon!

13. CarolynNC

Mar 29, 2002
    I would've posted here sooner, but I've been going through some self esteem issues with the "Who are these guys?" posts.

Hi Tom,

I hope my posts didn't contribute to your self esteem issues but I feel sure you'll understand we're all waiting for some big names to drop. I was only expressing disappointment in the lack of what I think of as exciting news. Now it's nice to know they've scheduled their MC lineup but I personally want to know if they've got any big guns that need an MC!
    [face_mischief]

14. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
  15. Bruno_Fett

Mar 31, 2002
    Tom, Just look at yourself in the mirror and repeat after me. "I am a winner!"

Just kidding, I meant no offense at all, I am with Carolyn in feeling like they are either holding back from us fans, OR they are too busy counting their money to have scheduled any of the A list type talent. NOT that your not A list in my book! I do recall Anthony Daniels being introduced at the concert, that was you. See, now your job rocks! I am gonna be standong in front of the mirror and saying to myself "I wish I was Tom!"

16. CarolynNC

Mar 29, 2002
  17. obi-going_to_cel_III

obi-going_to_cel_III Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2005
    And another one, its buried in the Inside del reys episode III lineup. Authors at c III

Thursday, April 21st thru Sunday, April 24th
    Star Wars Celebration III
    Indianapolis Convention Center
    Also appearing: J. W. Rinzler, Karen Traviss, Aaron Allston, Troy Denning and Timothy Zahn

18. -Doctor_Evil-

-Doctor_Evil- Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2004
    grrr... no Stackpole?

Well, I suppose that's to be expected. He hasn't written an actual SW Novel in a few years, but he is still my fave.

Allston will be there though! [face_dancing]

"Yub, yub!"

Doc

19. obi-going_to_cel_III

obi-going_to_cel_III Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2005
    It doesnt say thats the complete list ;)

20. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    I think I recall someone saying that Stackpole mentioned on his website he'd be there.

I really want to meet Zahn. His books were incredible.

The ILM people sound interesting, I hope they bring footage!

21. brokenyolk

brokenyolk Jedi Youngling star 2

May 10, 2002
    "ILM Visual Effects Wizards at Celebration III"

I am very excited. This is super cool to me.

22. vader1025

vader1025 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 2, 2004
    Hey there Tom, glad to see a local celebrity onstage:)

I hope I can get to meet you and ask you about a little "blooper" from Ebaums world lol

23. CarolynNC

Mar 29, 2002
  24. Tony-WanKenobiNC

Tony-WanKenobiNC Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2005
    ^^ zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ^^
    Sorry....

Enter Carolyn, into the jedi training Academy...
    Younglings...younglings.....a visitor we have.........
    Hello, Master Carolyn.......Hello....
    What help can I be CarolynNC, Hmmm?
    (when/if rather, Carolyn misses an update 8-} ) Lost an update Master Carolyn has, how embarrassing....heh-heh, how embarrassing.

Aside from me being silly, if I see Carolyn at the con, my friends and I will have to follow her like padawan learners as she will know where everything is/is happening/what's scheduled next/etc....
    ;)

25. -Doctor_Evil-

-Doctor_Evil- Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2004
    Ehhhh... Okay, not for the Hardcore adults, but could be fun for the kids.

I think we lose sight that there are TONS of kids of the elementary school age that love Star Wars too. I know when I was that young, this would probably have seemed very cool to me.

And I'm sure parents bringing kids to C3 will be glad to be able to turn over to an activity like this for a while so they go get something else done.

Doc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.