main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"UZAY" figures

Discussion in 'Archive: Turkey' started by Darth_Pyross, Jul 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Pyross

Darth_Pyross Jedi Youngling star 1

May 8, 2005
    This one is for collectors :)

During mid-80's, a Turkish toy company produced some bootleg Star Wars figures under the name "Uzay Savascilari" (Space Fighters in English).

In later years, these figures became so rare and eventually their value increased in time. The Hoth Trooper in blue color was an interesting one.

I guess the most valuable one is the "Headman" figure, which has the head of a (golden) Royal Guard and an unidentified body.

Here is a link:
    http://theswca.com/images-speci/yglesias/uzay.html

Do any of you guys have these figures?

2. Darth-Dogg

Darth-Dogg Jedi Youngling

Jun 18, 2007
    I have Darth Vader "Kara Lider" (damaged and no accessories) and Hoth Trooper "Imparatorlugun Askeri" (with no accessories). And loose of course, not carded.

I want to sell them, if someone intrested? :cool:

3. Darth-Dogg

Jun 18, 2007
    Just checked, I have an Imperial Gunner, too. Loose and with no accessories. No damaged.

4. Turkfan

Turkfan Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 26, 2006
    i have some of those Uzay figures when i m too youn in late 80s early 90s . how i could i possibly knew that it will be precious. damned!

5. Darth-Dogg

Jun 18, 2007
    Me too :confused: "Head less and leg less" Kara Lider, bah.

6. Rebojazz

Rebojazz Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2006
    I have a few of these figures including Headman. I also have Stormtrooper, Tie-Pilot and AtAt Driver. I even have an AtAt Driver unpainted torso and Darth Vaders limbs, these were just parts that were left at the factory after it closed. Headman was a real chore to find... and costly.

Cheers,
    Steven

[image=[​IMG]]

7. Darth_Pyross

May 8, 2005
    Wow, Steven, you can make a fortune out of it I guess :D

8. Rebojazz

Dec 11, 2006
    I've been collecting and researching these for a while now. I'm still on the lookout for Snowtrooper, Chewbacca, Vader, R2D2 and Gunner... and of course Blue Stars. A friend of mine owns most of the factory molds used to produce these... they are quite amazing. I have some pics of them as well. Other than Headman, I purchased my other ones from a collector in Turkey.

Just a bit of history on these: They were produced by SB Products in the mid 1980's. The blue Snowtrooper you refer to is "Blue Stars" and is probably the most sought after bootleg around. I remember seeing one in a Toyshop catalog for $55 (US) back in 1995... boy I should have bought it! Headman is an Emperors Royal Guard molded in black plastic, however with different limbs like you said, with a gold helmet. He is also supposed to have a medival shield and sword but they are HARD to find. As for finding one still in it's package... don't bet on it. Only one is known to exist and he is not going anywhere ;) . There was supposed to be a second one that was actually taken out of the factory with this one but it's been missing in action for about 10 years now.

Other than Blue Stars and Headman, the others are blatent rip-off's of the original Kenner figures. Look quite similar but the quality is not there.

9. Darth-Dogg

Jun 18, 2007
    I've Gunner and Snowtrooper, if you're intrested.

10. Rebojazz

Dec 11, 2006
    Great! Just drop me a line.

11. Darth_Pyross

May 8, 2005
    Looks like UZAY figures return, with Kubricks :)

http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=http://www.collectinghq.com/im/0012100.jpg

12. Rebojazz

Dec 11, 2006
    What! No Headman?? ;) I may actually have to buy one of these.

13. Darth_Pyross

May 8, 2005
    I'm thinking about preparing a special report on the UZAY series[face_thinking]

14. Darth-Dogg

Jun 18, 2007
    Hmm, that'll be great Pyross. Here in English report and Turkish one for yildizsavaslari.com forums or maybe website...

By the way, years ago, my brother's got a headman. But unfourtunatly, I "killed" it :( (blow his head off with a toy gun)

15. Rebojazz

Dec 11, 2006
    If you guys need help let me know. I'm doing a collecting panel at JediconWV on bootlegs and my Uzay's will be there. I also have several contacts in which I can get photo's of figures and cards and possibly the factory molds (if he'll let me use his photo's ;) ) I have the pics of the molds but I need to get permission to use them. They have never been made public before so that should be pretty cool.

16. Rebojazz

Dec 11, 2006
    I think I'm going to cry... :_|

17. Darth_Pyross

May 8, 2005
    Someone has the factory molds of UZAY figures ???? :eek: :eek: :eek:

18. Darth-Dogg

Jun 18, 2007
    No way :eek:

Maybe he can send me a new Headman figure :D It costs 100000$ I think..

19. Rebojazz

Dec 11, 2006
    Yep, believe it or not! :) . A friend of mine from here in the states has most of them. Basically all but Stormtrooper, Chewie and Headman. He also has the molds to the mini-rigs (small ships). These were purchased back in the late 90's. Each mold weighs almost 100 pounds, which I can just imagine. I have a plaster one that weighs 10 pounds, so I can just imagine what a steel one is. Anyway the other three are owned by a private collector as well but I'm not as close to him.

20. Rebojazz

Dec 11, 2006
    Darth Pyross,
    I emailed my friend to see if I can use the mold pics and am just waiting to hear back from him for his permission. He also has a complete carded set of these figures including the only known carded Headman along with the only known loose multi-color shield variant. There is also a variant Snowtrooper carded figure out there that I believe is a mock-up but I'm not sure who owns it at this moment. I'll keep in touch with his response ;) .

21. Darth_Pyross

May 8, 2005
    Very cool, Steven :) I'll be anxiously waiting :D

22. Rebojazz

Dec 11, 2006
    Still waiting to hear on the factory mold pics. If all fails I will send one pic to you Pyross ;) . I also learned that the Mini-rig molds weigh over 200 pounds each.

I also just scored a few Uzay figures to add to my collection. I just bought Chewbacca, Imperial Gunner and Blue Stars (finally). [face_dancing]

23. Darth_Pyross

May 8, 2005
    Chewbacca huh :)? Did you know that the UZAY bootleg Chewbacca was released in Turkey under the name "Aslan Adam", which translates "Lion Man" ? :)

24. Rebojazz

Dec 11, 2006
    Yep. And there was even a second version Chewbacca that was called Maymun Adam. I'm not sure what that translates to, I know adam means man. This was the same Chewbacca figure just different variant card. :)

25. Darth_Pyross

May 8, 2005
    Maymun means "monkey" when directly translated but I think what they wanted to mean was something like "Ape-man".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.