main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA Victorville's Children's Christmas Parade - Saturday, December 5

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by jedifan77, Sep 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    I just received an email from Victorville's Chamber of Commerce about the Christmas Parade. It's Saturday, December 5th. The application is due the first part of November.

This year's theme is Christmas around the World.

Are we up for another year?

2. han-shot-first

han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda star 4 VIP

May 6, 2006
    Do you even need to ask? Ofcourse we're up for it![face_dancing] =D= :)

3. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Cara_Undercover_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2006
    WOOT!!!! Are you kidding? This one's an absolute staple for the IEFF. It's like our signature!

Our fourth time...wow! Can you guys beleive it? It's been almost four years since our very first parade! Let's make this one rock! [face_dancing]

As for marchers/volunteers, it'd be ridiculous for me not to volunteer since this one is local. I'm ready and waiting! Anything you guys need me to do up here to help, I'm SO there! [face_peace]

4. Skeeziks

Skeeziks Jedi Youngling

Feb 29, 2008
    I don't suppose they've moved this parade to some reasonable hour? I-) Like 10 PM? [face_laugh]

5. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Just for you, I'll write the Victorville Chamber of Commerce an email and try to get it changed. [face_laugh]

If you think you can get enough Benidril in your system to counter-act my herd of animals, you're welcome to stay at my place the night before. That would give you at least a couple extra hours sleep. I keep my extra room door closed, so it's fairly pet hair and dander free. Either that, or start on Scott to carpool!

Thanks for being such a "trooper" and making the effort to come to our parade. I really appreciate it!!!

6. jedi_onasi

jedi_onasi Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2006
    This year's theme is Christmas around the World.

So how do we make this work for us?
    Have different aliens on the float?
    Or dress the stormies in a kimono and poncho? ;)
    Or better yet: one in a kilt! [face_laugh]
    Stuart's got a kilt. [face_devil]
    I'm thinking It's a Small World meets Star Wars. [face_dancing]

7. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    I love it!=D=

8. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    'It's a Small World meets Star wars'? Ohhhh, nooooooo! :oops: So much for being a 'serious' group.

Great idea, Nikol! Maybe soon one of us could find a book with Christmas traditions from around the world and we could vote on which ones we like the best/are within our means. The easiest would probably be the ones you mentioned (Scotland, Mexico, Japan), and maybe throw in some European countries like Germany and France. Maybe have the stormies hold little flags from 'their' countries so people would know where they were from. Maybe we could even have a hula stormie from Hawaii! [face_laugh]

It's a pity Mexico is so overdone, especially here. Vader whacking a pinata with his lightsaber would be a hoot.

9. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Obi-Shawn has confirmed for the parade. He might even have his new car finished. Either way, I'm just glad he'll be here. Also, Chris has volunteered to be our Vader again!

10. jedi_onasi

jedi_onasi Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2006
    Woo hoo!!! [face_dancing]
    So any more ideas for the parade?

11. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Well, the dogs dressed as Christmas presents won last year. Maybe we should all be leading a dog dressed up in different costumes from around the world??? [face_laugh]

12. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    It's rigged I tell ya...rigged![face_laugh]

13. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    I've got enough dogs to represent quite a few countries! We'll show those other mutts!!

14. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
  15. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    WOOT! Obi-Shawn! [face_dancing]

*LOL at dogs* Hey yeah, and I'm sure I could dress up Menolly as...something. Maybe a fox-hunt outfit since she's a hound. [face_laugh]

16. HanChewie

HanChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2006
    Wonderful about Obi Shawn. I hope the Falcon will be up and runnning by then, or way before then.

17. Aden_Skirata

Aden_Skirata Jedi Youngling

Oct 6, 2009
    Hey all,

I'm brand new... like within the last 15 minutes new. Anyway, I was steered here by Dazz and his wife. My name's PJ Reindel, I costume as A'den Skirata and am with the Mandalorian Mercs Costuming Club, www.mandalorianmercs.com, more info at this link...
    http://boards.theforce.net/inland_empire_ca/b10462/30475331/p1/?0

If you guys would like members of our club there, we'd be happy to come along. I am in Yucca Valley so Victorville's not to far. Our clan out here has 3 adults and 3 children. We could probably put 2-3 of the adults and 1 of the kids in the parade if you'd like us to be there.

We also have a Clan in LA that if you needed/wanted extra bodies I'm sure would be more than willing to come up.

Thanks!

18. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Welcome PJ. We'd love to have some Mercs at our parade. You guys are always a crowd pleaser! It's not a requirement, but if anybody would like to "Christmas-Up" their costume, that would be great, too!! It's all about having fun.

19. Aden_Skirata

Oct 6, 2009
    That's great to hear! I'll put in for the time off work and I'll let it be known!

Thanks again, I look forward to meeting you all there!

Oh, I will need to know the time and location info too please!

Thanks!

20. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    3 or 4 would be great.

We'll have a lot more information closer to the date. Just to warn you, it's an early morning call. I think we have to be at the parade route before 8:00 am.

21. Aden_Skirata

Oct 6, 2009
    goodtimes! lol

22. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Sad news. Due to a scheduling conflict with the 501st, we're gonna need to cancel the parade event. The 501st IE Squad has a Toys-4-Tots event on the same morning. There's no way to do both events so most have backed out of the parade and signed up for it. The 501st accounts for most of our costumed characters. There's just not enough in this area to go around.

:(

23. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
  24. vlerkje

vlerkje Jedi Youngling

Nov 8, 2009
    are you sure it's being cancelled? it's still showing on the victorville chamber of commerce's website...

http://vvchamber.sitebuilderwebpro.com/index.php?module=calendar&calendar_id=342

25. Symina

Symina Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2006
    The parade itself isn't canceled, we're just not participating in it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.