main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV Video gaming news!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Acthar_Sm-Ith, Sep 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luminara_Jade

Luminara_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    um...actually, no, it doesn't.

and for the record...i do not think that poop will ever go out of style. poop is waaaay too cool for school.

2. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    That explains why they don't allow poop in school... it's too cool, I guess.

3. Luminara_Jade

Feb 5, 2004
    it is allowed in school. just confined to separate rooms...because its sooo coooool.

4. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    You're right.

5. Jankarakk

Jankarakk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 27, 2003
    poop goes down the poop chute. now anyways...back to videogames....i recently rediscovered a great, glorious, and wonderful NES game that is Spy vs. Spy...i love that game.

6. Moka

Moka Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    I just heard about Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords, coming out next year. Sounds pretty cool.

7. Axia_Euxine

Axia_Euxine Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2003
    Yes due for release by Feb 2005. But the bad news is is that it is not being developed by Bioware. Its being developed by Obsidian which are made up of ex Black Isles employess and some other developers of respected games in the community. So while it still might be good I am concerned. KOTOR was the Greatest Star Wars game ever! I was really hoping that Bioware would still be doing it.

8. Acthar_Sm-Ith

Acthar_Sm-Ith Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2002
    so has anyone been keeping up on E3? There are pretty awesome things coming out soon. Namely the Nintendo DS. woot. 2 screen, better than N64 quality graphics, touch screen, snes style controls, wi-fi,GBA compatible. There are a bunch of videos floating around right now of it. it looks pretty amazing running Mario Kart 64 and Mario 64 as well as a port of Metroid prime.

Onto the PSP. not too impressed. the screen is huge, but then the system is huge. like atari Lynx huge. it uses proprietary media and all software must be sent to Sony to be put on disks which increases the costs and production times. it also only has a 2.5 hour battery life. it may not be final, but it sucks. it does have better graphics, or at least thats what sony says, they have not shown a working model yet, or software running on the actual hardware. seems fishy.

any thoughts on the new systems?

9. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    I have, I think both the DS and PSP are clunky but Ill give the clunky award to the PSP. The dual sscreen thing might be cool on the DS but it depends on the software which Nintendo hasnt had too much lately, at least that appealed to me. with sony's dominance in the console market Im interested to see how their handheld will do.

and in superior console news (Xbox) have you been reading up on Halo 2? Sweeeeeet!

Also Kotor2 looks like it has potential despite the fear inducing fact that its not being done by Bioware.

Am I keeping up on E3.... Silly rabbit

10. Acthar_Sm-Ith

May 23, 2002
    MORE VIDEO GAME NEWS!

Mario vs. Donkey Kong on gameboy. this game ellicits an emphatic, meh. there is not too much to it. its luike the old donkey kong game on gameboy, but with prettier graphics. it didn't hold my interest.

Zelda 4 swords adventure. Holy sweet merciful crap this is a good game! It plays just like Link to the Past, which is, of course, fantastic. The single player game is fun, its another zelda game, so how bad can that be? Where it really shines is multiplayer. 4 links running around looking for treasure and solving puzzles. its great. the only downside is you need 4 gameboys in order to do that :(.

Back to work for me. GO VIDEO GAMES!

11. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
  12. Acthar_Sm-Ith

May 23, 2002
    You do know the guy cheated so bad in order to do that right? he freezed every single frame and did load/save states until he got the video exactly as he wanted it. so i guess it could be done, but the guy cheated in order to do it.

13. Luminara_Jade

Feb 5, 2004
    that was nuts.

14. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Fine, just ruin the fun Acthar!

15. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    I picked up Alias for the PC, and I can't get it to run at home. Acclaim's web site offers no support in this area. Very irritating. After I install, it keeps asking me to insert disk 2 when I want to play. Having disk 2 in the drive does nothing, it keeps asking me for it.

16. GersonSith

GersonSith Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2002
    Get your money back if you can, I played that on Xbox and it was undefinably horrible.

17. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    Yeah that game is crap with a capital CRAP

18. Acthar_Sm-Ith

May 23, 2002
    anything ALIAS is crap.

19. Acthar_Sm-Ith

May 23, 2002
    its been a month since any video game news, so here is a quick blurb. Sphinx is an awesome game. and cheap. I got it new for $15. If you like the N64 zelda games, this game is up your alley. highest recommendations.

20. Luminara_Jade

Feb 5, 2004
    i like halo.

21. Luminara_Jade

Feb 5, 2004
    vote for me!

22. Jankarakk

Aug 27, 2003
    I wish i had a video card good enough to run Doom 3 for PC but since I don't I'm just going to wait for it to come out on Xbox.

23. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    Doom is very very pretty, kinda creepy too, scared me more then once already.

24. Jankarakk

Aug 27, 2003
    man i wish i had a computer that could run that....i don't wanna wait for it to come out on xbox

25. Luminara_Jade

Feb 5, 2004
    i remember when doom came out the first time..it was pretty scary...i was in 7th grade...awww!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.